Rick And Michonne / Richonne

* * * * * 1 Rick and Michonne Friendship or love Speculate shipping

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

My only objection with this couple is that it seems typical in media work that after the hero's first love interest is either dead or left him, his second love interest is always the most badass of the cast and seems to be perfect in almost every way. Michonne does have her flaws, but it isn't as common now as it was back in season3.

When you say you hate Rick for what he did, do you mean when he was ready to hand her over to the Governor?

I hated Michonne in Season 3 and then they basically just "made her likable" in Season 4 for no reason other than the fact that the audience didn't like her. I kind of just went with it

And yes, I'm talking about handing Michonne to the Governor. I already didn't like Rick at that point (mostly for being a bad parent/dumb leader) but that was just the point of no return for me. You don't have to debate that with me, though, because I've heard every argument in the book and it makes Rick look either evil or unbelievably stupid, neither being great qualities in our hero. Plus, Michonne returned to the prison and forgave Rick and it was never brought up again, which was almost worse than his initial decision

Rick is definitely my least favorite character.....ever

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I think they would work together as a couple because Rick and Michonne understand each other. Also Carl. If it were not for Carl than Michonne would not have been accepted into the group. I think her deep connection with Carl is why I can see a possible romance for Rick and Michonne. Also Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira have this feral chemistry. It is amazing to watch. 

My only fear is that the writers are not very good at crafting great love stories. If Glenn and Maggie are supposed to be a great love story I'm not really feeling it. If they approach every other romance the same way they approach Glenn and Maggie I won't be thrilled.

I do agree they understand each other and that could very well be the reason why they become a couple. And 100% agreed on Carl. But you know what they say, sometimes being too alike can end up being a bad thing in the long run. We'll see how it goes.

I agree about Glenn/Maggie. They were great at first, but then the writers keep backing them into corners in which it seems like the only world they exist in is with each other. I hope that this aspect is cut down in the next season now that they are reunited.

I hated Michonne in Season 3 and then they basically just "made her likable" in Season 4 for no reason other than the fact that the audience didn't like her. I kind of just went with it

And yes, I'm talking about handing Michonne to the Governor. I already didn't like Rick at that point (mostly for being a bad parent/dumb leader) but that was just the point of no return for me. You don't have to debate that with me, though, because I've heard every argument in the book and it makes Rick look either evil or unbelievably stupid, neither being great qualities in our hero. Plus, Michonne returned to the prison and forgave Rick and it was never brought up again, which was almost worse than his initial decision

Rick is definitely my least favorite character.....ever

Love your approach to just going along with it haha. I could never do that because it would just feel so inconsistent. I think she was a lot more likeable because she had opened up about talking to her dead boyfriend, and she was finally allowed in by Rick and the group, something which her "best" friend Andrea never did. But I do see where your coming from because she was never the jokey type in season3 yet in 4 we had scenes of her with the razor and the cheesy strings.

I agree, I definitely didn't like Rick in his motives for that. I think he wasn't thinking straight due to Lori's recent death. I would have actually liked it if he did go through the process, because he isn't really meant to be a hero in the first place. Of course, knowing the writers he would feel guilty for a couple of episodes then move on with the occasional reminder in the future about the situation. And if I was Michonne I would have been pissed, and probably have left the group to deal with the Governor themselves.

I love your new avatar btw.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I gripe a lot about the show but sometimes I just have to let it go and "go with it." Same with the recent development in the comics. I'm just gonna go with it and see where it goes; it's better than swearing off the comics completely

And thanks for the avatar compliment? Do you play Ace Attorney?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Yeah, I almost gave up on the show after the disastrous second half of this season but the trailer pulled me through. Im glad I did, so that's why I'm giving the comics another chance after

Spoiler

No I don't, but I have heard of it. Is it any good?

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

tumblr_mj4cd6sfDY1rpndsuo5_250.giftumblr_n7xxn5gQac1sg09b1o1_250.gif

tumblr_n6oz2x6Gim1tv4m6io1_r1_500.gif

Ahhh....the Richonne feels.

tumblr_mld728sOdv1r72iazo1_400.gif

I love this picture.

tumblr_mk6q61DRnC1r9maito1_500.png

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

tumblr_n4mboie6eZ1s7m46do1_500.png

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

I like the idea of a Richonne match more for Carl than anything else.  I still really like the idea of a Maggie/Rick match (if Glenn is dead) though too.  I think I like the idea of Michonne and Rick for Carl is based on "A" when Carl says that he's just another monster too.  Michonne and Rick have both been to that dark place and they are the ones that can bring Carl back, hopefully.  I really can't see Maggie doing that for Carl.

Love the pics!

As for hating Rick for what he almost did to Michonne, I get it.  I really do.  But every character on the show has made really bad decisions at one time or another, or many times in some cases.  I think it's one of the things that really humanizes the show for me.  We complain if everyone is too perfect and too badass and we complain when they act stupid too.  I hated that he even considered the idea of giving her over to the Gov. especially after Merle went into pretty good detail of what the Gov. would do to her (and knowing what he did to her in the books).  But like I said, all the major characters have had their moments with really irrational and terrible decisions.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I like the idea of a Richonne match more for Carl than anything else.  I still really like the idea of a Maggie/Rick match (if Glenn is dead) though too.  I think I like the idea of Michonne and Rick for Carl is based on "A" when Carl says that he's just another monster too.  Michonne and Rick have both been to that dark place and they are the ones that can bring Carl back, hopefully.  I really can't see Maggie doing that for Carl.

Love the pics!

As for hating Rick for what he almost did to Michonne, I get it.  I really do.  But every character on the show has made really bad decisions at one time or another, or many times in some cases.  I think it's one of the things that really humanizes the show for me.  We complain if everyone is too perfect and too badass and we complain when they act stupid too.  I hated that he even considered the idea of giving her over to the Gov. especially after Merle went into pretty good detail of what the Gov. would do to her (and knowing what he did to her in the books).  But like I said, all the major characters have had their moments with really irrational and terrible decisions.

That's a great point, Dani. Considering what they go through on a daily basis, I think most of them have to be suffering from some form of PTSD. Most of the time they don't even get to grieve or process what has happened to them before the next horrific thing happens.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Love the pics!

To be fair, I do think Maggie could have that conversation with him. She was with him in one of the most important and darkest moments of his life and she did regularly look out for him in the rest of season3 in subtle ways. I think she would be more balanced towards Judith though since she delivered her, but this belongs in the Raggie thread. (Mine not your post haha).

As for hating Rick on his decision with Michonne, I don't hate him for it. I believe he was in a dark place and he didn't know what he was doing when he did it. But I think if these two were to become a couple, the writers should have addressed this issue first. But that said, I wouldn't mind Rick/Michonne happening. Asides from Rick/Maggie, it would be the sexiest pairing in the show.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Love the pics!

Thanks, I'm going to look for more pics ;)

That is one of the reasons why I can see Rick and Michonne together because of the close-knit bond she has with Carl. I think Michonne will be the only person to have that affect on Carl. Although I liked the interaction between Rick and Maggie in "Internment" she hasn't really been there or even gave him any words of encouragement when he was grieving Lori. Michonne empathized with him over the loss and forgave him for wanting to surrender her to the Gov. I can't say that Maggie has any visceral connection with Rick aside from delivering Judith, but the writers have chosen to ignore that for whatever reason. If she was a surrogate mom to Judith that would probably change my whole perception of Rick/Maggie, but Beth and Carol are more closer to Judith than she is.

To be fair, I do think Maggie could have that conversation with him. She was with him in one of the most important and darkest moments of his life and she did regularly look out for him in the rest of season3 in subtle ways. I think she would be more balanced towards Judith though since she delivered her, but this belongs in the Raggie thread. (Mine not your post haha).

As for hating Rick on his decision with Michonne, I don't hate him for it. I believe he was in a dark place and he didn't know what he was doing when he did it. But I think if these two were to become a couple, the writers should have addressed this issue first. But that said, I wouldn't mind Rick/Michonne happening. Asides from Rick/Maggie, it would be the sexiest pairing in the show.

Rick/Michonne would be a bad ass couple. No doubt and the chemistry is undeniable.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Thanks, I'm going to look for more pics ;)

That is one of the reasons why I can see Rick and Michonne together because of the close-knit bond she has with Carl. I think Michonne will be the only person to have that affect on Carl. Although I liked the interaction between Rick and Maggie in "Internment" she hasn't really been there or even gave him any words of encouragement when he was grieving Lori. Michonne empathized with him over the loss and forgave him for wanting to surrender her to the Gov. I can't say that Maggie has any visceral connection with Rick aside from delivering Judith, but the writers have chosen to ignore that for whatever reason. If she was a surrogate mom to Judith that would probably change my whole perception of Rick/Maggie, but Beth and Carol are more closer to Judith than she is.

Rick/Michonne would be a bad ass couple. No doubt and the chemistry is undeniable.

We all know why Beth is close to Judith, cradle snatcher ;)

But yeah, I think Maggie should have more of a connection with the grimes kids. Come on, she delivered one and was with the other in the most darkest and important moment in his life. The writers defiantly dropped a ball on that one.

And 100% agreed on Rick/Michonne. It would be kinda cliche (which is my only gripe with it) but I would be cheering them on if they do get hitched.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Richonne video. Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=P9bt092CYzI

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Merging this with the existing thread about the topic. Just make sure you guys do a search before starting a new thread. :) 

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Merging this with the existing thread about the topic. Just make sure you guys do a search before starting a new thread. :)

Ok, thanks. I was wondering where this thread went :)

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

10520250_338210682997254_742111233_n.jpgtumblr_mtsfzlGgnA1qm9n6lo1_400.jpg

DcsDaniele

DcsDaniele

Infected

• Members

Hello, I'm new here.
I'm really a shipper Richonne. Hope to see their relationship grow increasingly.

walking-dead.png?w=440&h=247&l=50&t=40

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Hello, I'm new here.
I'm really a shipper Richonne. Hope to see their relationship grow increasingly.

Me too :)

Just love the dynamic they have. Rick/Carl/Michonne scenes were my favorites scenes in season 4B.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Hello, I'm new here.

Welcome to the forum, Daniele!

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

michonne.jpg

tumblr_mus1at6XIn1s7ya1po1_500.png

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

the_walking_dead_season_5_first_trailer_

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

tumblr_inline_n9ehodCcIq1rpkpjv.gif

Image1-5156.jpg?fm=jpg&q=65&w=1024&h=102

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Love this family unit 

tumblr_n6enf7Mo4T1tbqefqo1_1280.jpg

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

rs_560x415-140220120203-1024.walking-dea

deadcomeknocking2.jpg

walking-dead-season-4-finale-spoiles.jpg

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!