Rick And Michonne / Richonne

* * * * * 1 Rick and Michonne Friendship or love Speculate shipping

Bitergram

Bitergram

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I got a motherly vibe when Michonne gave the comics to Carl. She either said "You can read them when you're done" or "I'll read them to you when you're done."

I would go nuts if they ended up together because Rick and Michonne are my favorite characters

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I think she said "but I get to read them when you're done"
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Island Girl

Island Girl

Infected

• Members
I see respect and friendship between them, but that's all. Really, at this point I can't imagine Michonne in a relationship with anyone. She's too much a loner, and obviously working on some past issues. And there's still The Gov to hunt and kill. And Rick lost his wife in horrible circumstances, at a time when they were not in a good place. He's got kids to concentrate on, and a community who still wants him to be a leader, even after leadership nearly cost him his sanity. Neither one of them needs to be in a relationhip at this point.

Though I could see Michonne "hooking up" with one night stands to get some... release. After Phillip is dead, of course.

MissReedus

MissReedus

Infected

• Members
  • LocationUSA
I ship them. Maybe that's because I'm a shipper junkie :ph34r:, but I've been really liking these two ever since she got to the prison. Her, Rick and Carl sure seemed to have bonded during the break. Some people may not like Richonne, but you won't see me complaining if it goes canon B).
"I'm doin' stuff, Lori, thaaangs."

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
As one who has experienced and is currently living a close, intimate, but strictly platonic relationship with at least half a dozen women. I can see Rick and Michonne being friends and fighting companions, with no lovey-dovey scenes between them. There may be affectionate moments (hug or even a snuggle -- mainly to stay warm on a cold night), but no kissy-kissy scenes.
I'm proof that a man and a woman don't need sexual intimacy to be close.
Yeah, call it friend-zoned but when you know the deep-dark secrets it's more than "lets go shopping/to the movies/camping/concert/whatever... but not as a date."

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
It would be cool if they used Glenns camera to take a photo of Rick, Carl and Judith and Carl calls Michonne over to be in the picture I can see them as a family unit. Granted Michonne has allot of baggage from her past she needs to work through and Rick may still need time after Lori. However the 4 can still hang together without a romantic relationship starting up with Rick and Michonne right away. Everyone seems to have their groups withing the core group, Daryl and Carol (and the 2 girls?), Hershel, Beth, Maggie and Glenn. With Michonne finally allowing herself to hold Judith she may end up bonding with her and she already gets along with Rick and Carl.

natkattkitty

natkattkitty

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon, UK
Personally I don't ship Rick and Michonne (although I am feeling a lot more love for Michonne this season), but I also don't object to any of the romantic relationships that have developed or will develop in the future.

I don't think it's soap opera-ish mainly because no-one is going around declaring undying love for anyone else or being overly dramatic about their relationships. Maggie and Glen are the exception because we've seen it from the beginning and have grown to accept it. However, you have to remember how it started ... an out of the blue hook-up that developed into more.

In such an intense situation and living in such close proximity like the prision can create a variety of relationships that under normal circumstances just wouldn't happen. Daryl and ... well anyone? ... I don't mind the romantic relationships as long as they don't become the sole focus of the show. This is about a zombie apocolypse and how the characters can survive, not how they can re-populate the world.

tyweezel

tyweezel

Infected

• Members
i always thought they had chemistry in the comic, so I'm down for it in the show.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Eh... I'd prefer if they just stay really good friends to be honest. I don't think Rick should become romantically involved with anyone for a long time.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
Please no. Just cause 2 characters look @ one another or hug doesnt mean we have some post apocalyptic love fairy bobbing about. Happens everytime someone even talks to a member of the opposite sex on this show on these boards.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Please no. Just cause 2 characters look @ one another or hug doesnt mean we have some post apocalyptic love fairy bobbing about. Happens everytime someone even talks to a member of the opposite sex on this show on these boards.

And what harm is there in discussing it? The thread title lets you know exactly what will be here, so if you aren't into shipping characters (or even into discussing fictional relationships, which seems to be the case) avoid threads that are specifically about that.

Ceepeebee

Ceepeebee

Lurker

• Members
Rick, in my eyes, sees Michonne as a role model for Carl. He obviously doesn't want Carl to grow up to be "like" her, but he inderstands their bond, and he's happy to let Carl have something "normal" in his life.....I also think, aside from the last few farmer Joe episodes, Rick is quite happy that somebody is around who cares enough for Carl to risk their life, and can handle themselves. He sees that in Michonne I think.

I can't see many relationships being formed from within the Group now.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
My opinion, they are going to let it blossom over time.
Little things here and there.
I don't see it happening for at least a couple seasons even if it did.
A friendship is what both of them need right now anyways.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
They could form a family unit just by virture of the fact that Michonne gets along well with Rick and Carl. The romance between Rick and Michone can always be way down the road. Ive known couples that were really good friends, were in their each romatic relationships, then one day their feelengs have evolved. Also throwing sex in the mix, they dont neccessarily have to be deep in love, but they could find comfort and solace with each other. Consider the world they live in I think it could happen. Not trying to pair off everyone but I can see Michonne fitting in well helping Rick and Carl and they in turn could help her with what seems to be a very troubled past. Michonne could learn to trust and have deeper feelings again.

pressto

pressto

Infected

• Members
For starters: Richonne! I laughed so hard I almost had soda coming out of my nose when I first read that. And I'm neutral on this one. I would be cool with it if they got together and cool if they stayed close friends. I am tired of the Glenn/Maggie love story. It seems forced.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I'm no hardcore shipper, but I really do love Rick and Michonne. I would love for them to become a couple. I love the moments they share. Anyone is free to comment. I don't mind hearing different opinions, even from non-shippers. I don't discriminate and I'm open to hearing all opinions. I just wanted to start a little thread about their interactions. Enjoy! :)

michonne-and-rick.jpg

tumblr_n1iuybOV1x1ru34cuo1_500.png

tumblr_n3b8of5vbs1r81p2io1_250.gif

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Rick started checking out Michonne way back when she first arrived at the prison.

tumblr_mkvnl733Bz1s4d33to7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mkvnl733Bz1s4d33to5_250.gif

I think it started with an attraction and has grown from there. The both respect each other and there is a comfortability between them.

tumblr_n3bdr5ciK41t2evpro7_250.gif

It seems to be a very natural relationship. It doesn't feel forced at all.

It certainly helps that Carl and Michonne have bonded so well.

tumblr_n3hme7j8LN1t2evpro3_250.gif

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Rick started checking out Michonne way back when she first arrived at the prison.

tumblr_mkvnl733Bz1s4d33to7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mkvnl733Bz1s4d33to5_250.gif

I think it started with an attraction and has grown from there. The both respect each other and there is a comfortability between them.

tumblr_n3bdr5ciK41t2evpro7_250.gif

It seems to be a very natural relationship. It doesn't feel forced at all.

It certainly helps that Carl and Michonne have bonded so well.

tumblr_n3hme7j8LN1t2evpro3_250.gif

He was so checking her out lol. I love their interactions. Rick/Carl/Michonne already remind me of a family. Can't wait to see what's in store for them ;)

Feel free to post pictures too. If you have some ;)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Whilst I'm not a big fan of this pairing, I will have no objections to it and I agree with Serenity it does come across as very natural. It would be good for each of them to pull through their problems and escape their "dark place". And it would benefit Carl as well might I add. And they have such amazing chemistry together as well.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I wouldn't want these people to get togethor in the comics, but I think they would be great in the TV series. Go for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Eh. I think they're a more amicable pairing. I'd rather have them be good friends that can rely on each other. Not every male-female pairing has to have a romantic relationship. It's a trope that should be subverted more often than not (one of the few things I like about Pacific Rim)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Eh. I think they're a more amicable pairing. I'd rather have them be good friends that can rely on each other. Not every male-female pairing has to have a romantic relationship. It's a trope that should be subverted more often than not (one of the few things I like about Pacific Rim)

I agree. Whilst I would have no objections if they did become a couple because I think the actors can pull it off, I definitely see them more of a sibling partnership. They rely on each other to pull through, and their main focus is looking after Carl and Judith, and I'm ok with that if that is as far as it goes.

Ironically enough, I think the writers didn't even realise at first that they would become such a hit couple wise. I think it was meant to follow in the comics in that Rick/Michonne are close friends and nothing more, but since the actors have great chemistry they pandered a little to their fans in season4.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Yeah, I think they were supposed to be close friends at first, too. To be honest, I have a little trouble buying that their relationship can work. It kind of feels like the writers just said, "Rick and Michonne are friends in the comics. Let's make them friends." I know people disagree but it feels a little awkward to me. Maybe I'm biased because I hate Rick and never forgave him for what he did, but I see the invisible hands of the writers guiding their relationship more often than not

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Yeah, I think they were supposed to be close friends at first, too. To be honest, I have a little trouble buying that their relationship can work. It kind of feels like the writers just said, "Rick and Michonne are friends in the comics. Let's make them friends." I know people disagree but it feels a little awkward to me. Maybe I'm biased because I hate Rick and never forgave him for what he did, but I see the invisible hands of the writers guiding their relationship more often than not

My only objection with this couple is that it seems typical in media work that after the hero's first love interest is either dead or left him, his second love interest is always the most badass of the cast and seems to be perfect in almost every way. Michonne does have her flaws, but it isn't as common now as it was back in season3.

When you say you hate Rick for what he did, do you mean when he was ready to hand her over to the Governor?

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I agree. Whilst I would have no objections if they did become a couple because I think the actors can pull it off, I definitely see them more of a sibling partnership. They rely on each other to pull through, and their main focus is looking after Carl and Judith, and I'm ok with that if that is as far as it goes.

Ironically enough, I think the writers didn't even realise at first that they would become such a hit couple wise. I think it was meant to follow in the comics in that Rick/Michonne are close friends and nothing more, but since the actors have great chemistry they pandered a little to their fans in season4.

I think they would work together as a couple because Rick and Michonne understand each other. Also Carl. If it were not for Carl than Michonne would not have been accepted into the group. I think her deep connection with Carl is why I can see a possible romance for Rick and Michonne. Also Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira have this feral chemistry. It is amazing to watch. 

My only fear is that the writers are not very good at crafting great love stories. If Glenn and Maggie are supposed to be a great love story I'm not really feeling it. If they approach every other romance the same way they approach Glenn and Maggie I won't be thrilled.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!