The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 1 - 30 Days Without An Accident - Review

- - - - - season 4 the walking dead

30 Days Without An Accident (258 )

What was your opinion of the season premiere?

1. Excellent (107 [41.47%])

41.47%

2. Good - Some Critiques (111 [43.02%])

43.02%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (29 [11.24%])

11.24%

4. Poor (11 [4.26%])

4.26%

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators

Rick and the group are as close to an ideal life as possible at the prison. Will they be able to hold on to humanity in the face of a new evil?

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
Episode was okay. Nothing to complain about really. At least for me.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
Wasn't really that good. Idk

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members
So what was up with that kid at the end? did he have an an aneurysm?

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
I liked it. Creepy. Well- acted. Good atmosphere. Just wasn't long enough. Still pissed that Mad men gets two hours for season premiere and TWD gets just one.

Dead pig and dead kid with flu-like symptoms.

Swine flu at the prison?

Totally random, uneducated guess.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

I think he and the pig both had some sort of virus that ended up killing them... Think we'll find out more with new episodes.... I don't know if it's a mutation of the zombie virus or what

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!
What a premiere episode, nothing really amazing. It was alright.

One thing I couldn't stand was all the Daryl Dixon praising, really?
Patrick: OMG THANKS DARYL for doing this and that off screen for us, it was cool.
Beth's boyfriend (What was his name?): I think you did this and that before the ZA! I'm going to waste precious dialogue trying to guess what you did before everything went to shit, you're so cool Daryl!

Beth's boyfriend is dead already, so what is Beth going to do now? Nothing like Seasons 2 and 3?

Bye, Patrick. Nice knowing you for an hour! What was his role again?
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

I think he and the pig both had some sort of virus that ended up killing them... Think we'll find out more with new episodes.... I don't know if it's a mutation of the zombie virus or what

could be something as simply as swine flu...but Patrick coughed all over that water....

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I liked it. It wasn't very action packed compared to what we had last season, but I liked the foundation that they're building for the season. New people (the show would get old without new faces/redshirts), they've established a community, a food source, etc. So that's all good for me.

I figured Patrick fell on his face, busted his nose up and that's where the blood came from. Or something? I dunno, but he's dead and a zombie now.

It also looks like a plague hits the prison, or at least that's what they want us to think now with the dead sow and kid in the shower.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

no the virus doesn't work that way. that pig at the end wasn't consumed by anyone.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
The only reason I think they made such a big deal about the pig was just to show that animals won't reanimate, in any possible way. For a second, I thought we would see a walker pig because it had so much camera time.

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
I like that the walkers are becoming an important factor again.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

no the virus doesn't work that way. that pig at the end wasn't consumed by anyone.

But maybe other pigs were consumed, and who the hell knows what could be in their water source.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

You assume the virus doesn't act that way - why couldn't it evolve and mutate... I dunno... The way they filmed it I just got the feeling that the pigs death and the nerds are connected

Either way the group is screwed as they sleep with a zombie in their enclosed camp

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
Disagree. The pig died of the same disease as the kid at the end. I believe

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
I think the point of the dead pig was to show some type of swine flu or other epidemic starting in the prison. This is already being discussed in the Review thread, so I am moving the posts there.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
Didn't connect the dots there. Sorry, I haven't slept much this weekend!

2minican268

2minican268

Infected

• Members
  • LocationArizona
It was real good, great special effects. Saw some old walkers from season 1 and 2.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
So maybe Patrick is the "killer within".

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

You assume the virus doesn't act that way - why couldn't it evolve and mutate... I dunno... The way they filmed it I just got the feeling that the pigs death and the nerds are connected

Either way the group is screwed as they sleep with a zombie in their enclosecamp

I doubt the the way the virus works would differ from the comics.

But patrick's death was disappointing in my opinion. Same with Beth's boyfriend. Why did so many characters have to die before i get to know them and actually give a shit about them?

TheTalkingZombie

TheTalkingZombie

S-mart Employee

• Members

What a premiere episode, nothing really amazing. It was alright.

One thing I couldn't stand was all the Daryl Dixon praising, really?
Patrick: OMG THANKS DARYL for doing this and that off screen for us, it was cool.
Beth's boyfriend (What was his name?): I think you did this and that before the ZA! I'm going to waste precious dialogue trying to guess what you did before everything went to shit, you're so cool Daryl!

Beth's boyfriend is dead already, so what is Beth going to do now? Nothing like Seasons 2 and 3?

Bye, Patrick. Nice knowing you for an hour! What was his role again?

Even the Walking Dead characters are starting to act like Daryl fan girls.

I think this was an above average premiere. Nothing exceptional. 7/10

remmdog

remmdog

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCT
The kid, the zombie with bleeding eyes, dead pig in woods and dead pig in pen are all linked. Rick notices the two pigs and bleeding eyes. The foundation is being set for the season. Would be silly if you get all the answers in one episode. Nice opening, of course red shirts.... Its walking dead. The falling through roof was great. Michonne still on the hunt for the gov is great. The praise for Daryl is great showing he is looked upon as the leader at the moment not Rick.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I really enjoyed the show. It gave us better insight into what people have been doing than they did with the S3 premiere. I also think this episode really set up that this is a community with everyone working together.

That being said, the woman in the woods was really creepy. I totally didn't see that coming. I thought she was a walker and a goner for sure until she spoke.

Also, really liked the zombie hanging by his entrails. That was some new gore done well.

I liked it. It wasn't very action packed compared to what we had last season, but I liked the foundation that they're building for the season. New people (the show would get old without new faces/redshirts), they've established a community, a food source, etc. So that's all good for me.

I figured Patrick fell on his face, busted his nose up and that's where the blood came from. Or something? I dunno, but he's dead and a zombie now.

It also looks like a plague hits the prison, or at least that's what they want us to think now with the dead sow and kid in the shower.

I don't think Patrick busting his nose is where the blood came from. There was a walker at the fence that had bled from the eyes. I think that walker is the source of the disease and the disease migrated to human and animal alike. Because even if it is swine flu, how did the pig get it? It had to come from somewhere and I think it was from the walker at the fence whose eyes were bleeding.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

The kid, the zombie with bleeding eyes, dead pig in woods and dead pig in pen are all linked. Rick notices the two pigs and bleeding eyes. The foundation is being set for the season. Would be silly if you get all the answers in one episode. Nice opening, of course red shirts.... Its walking dead. The falling through roof was great. Michonne still on the hunt for the gov is great. The praise for Daryl is great showing he is looked upon as the leader at the moment not Rick.

I think they are all linked too and that the walker with the bleeding eyes is the source. Whatever it is kills fast. Patrick was fine that morning talking to Daryl and Carol, and in the afternoon with the other kids. All of a sudden, he was sick, then dead.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

I don't think Patrick busting his nose is where the blood came from. There was a walker at the fence that had bled from the eyes. I think that walker is the source of the disease and the disease migrated to human and animal alike. Because even if it is swine flu, how did the pig get it? It had to come from somewhere and I think it was from the walker at the fence whose eyes were bleeding.

now this is interesting

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!