Iphone's Upgrade To Ios 7

- - - - - iPhone

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

I don't know if you guys know this, but I used to be a cheerleader for all things Apple. That has now changed with iOS 7 for the iPhone. I just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 7 and is extremely disappointed with the new look and feel. This update totally changed my iPhone experience, and for me, not in a good way. And there is no option to go back, or upgrade with the option to keep the old look and feel. This is a one way street, so I just wanted to warn any fellow iPhone users to look before you leap. I didn't and very much regret it!

Now, you may like the new look and feel. If you do, then great. You won't be unhappy, but for those who might be, like myself, I am just warning you to look before you leap. That way, you know what you are getting into and that is my biggest complaint. That I wasn't warned before hand. I just hooked up my phone and was told there was an upgrade. Well, I had upgraded in the past without the look and feel changing, so what would tell me that would happen with this time. Nothing!! And that is my point. So, I thought I would give you the heads up that I didn't get.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond
I am still using the Iphone 4 and it is not recommended you upgrade to IOS 7 with anything less then Iphone 4S so I am waiting until I upgrade next month. Seems legit - the few I know are experiencing drained batteries and terrible phone slowness - just as indicated if you try and upgrade it on Iphone4 or less. Plus all the features aren't compatible.
http://www.cnn.com/2....html?c=&page=0

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Mrs. BBL has the iPhone and upgraded the other day, she hated it at first, but now she's gotten used to it and likes it. I'm still on the 4 myself and I think I have an upgrade available in November or December, so I may invest in a 5 or a 5s, depending on what I have for spending money.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!
I just upgraded my iPhone 5 to the new ios 7, and I too am extremely disappointed.

I hate the new look, it's too cartoony looking. I agree that it's pretty much destroyed my iPhone experience as well.

I feel that apple should have just stayed with the old look. But there always trying to keep on top with their competitors for the look and feel, but it just didn't do it for me this time. The new design doesn't do the phone any justice.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I didn't know it wasn't recommended for the 4, which is what I have.

I don't much care for the look - to girly, but I am enjoying some of the new features. Some others are taking time to get used to, though. I haven't really noticed any issues with slowness, but it does seem to drain the battery more.

edit: Apparently, I'm eligible for an upgrade.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado
Had a friend upgrade, completely killed her IPhone. I'll pass.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Yikes.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Using an iTouch 4 and I can't even update to IOS 7, I've gotta an iPhone 5 or 5s.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado

Yikes.

Indeed apparently she had to completely reformat and start over.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
I am cool with many of the features. It is specifically the look and feel that I would have liked to have stay the same. For me, it is too juvenile looking, rather than the sleek, sophisticated look it used to have.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I am cool with many of the features. It is specifically the look and feel that I would have liked to have stay the same. For me, it is too juvenile looking, rather than the sleek, sophisticated look it used to have.

I absolutely agree with that. It looks like the App colors and pics were designed by a 15 yr old girl.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
It's the same for the iPad and I don't like it either. I'm really not liking the battery drainage. Also, for the iPads, the wallpaper is all screwed up if you up try to use anything other than the stock pictures. Any other pic and it zooms way in, and even though it says you can drag and size a picture , you can't and it locks up the iPad.

Wish I hadn't upgraded.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
That's annoying. Hopefully, they will fix the glitches soon.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

It's the same for the iPad and I don't like it either. I'm really not liking the battery drainage. Also, for the iPads, the wallpaper is all screwed up if you up try to use anything other than the stock pictures. Any other pic and it zooms way in, and even though it says you can drag and size a picture , you can't and it locks up the iPad.

Wish I hadn't upgraded.

It doesn't even provide stock pictures for iPhone, just the default of raindrops. I had to download a some wallpaper to change it.

Check out my blog

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Ooh rainy drops! Sounds exciting.

It sounds stupid, but I am highly annoyed about the wallpaper. Also, they lightened up the keyboard and it's not easy on the eyes.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
This entire thread screams first world problems

Not judging. I'm right there with you guys

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
It's brighter on the phone, as well. You can adjust the settings, though. That's what I did.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I just checked, can't change it on the iPad.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

Ooh rainy drops! Sounds exciting.

It sounds stupid, but I am highly annoyed about the wallpaper. Also, they lightened up the keyboard and it's not easy on the eyes.

On the phone, the keyboard is lighter in most apps, but not the new search feature. It is darker there and easier on the eyes.

This entire thread screams first world problems

Not judging. I'm right there with you guys

Most of the complaints on this forum scream first world problems. It's not like we are talking about hunger or lack of clean water. We complain about comics, video games, TV shows and the like.

It's brighter on the phone, as well. You can adjust the settings, though. That's what I did.

By brightness, are you speaking of the iPhone in general or the keyboard specifically because I can see where to adjust the brightness of the phone in general, but not the keyboard specifically.

Check out my blog

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Most of the complaints on this forum scream first world problems. It's not like we are talking about hunger or lack of clean water. We complain about comics, video games, TV shows and the like.

We actually DO talk about hunger and lack of clean water. Just, not in regards to us and more towards fictional characters

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

SamPeletier

SamPeletier

Infected

• Members
Guess I'm the only one here who actually liked it. -Slowly walks away-

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Guess I'm the only one here who actually liked it. -Slowly walks away-

Are you a 15 year old girl? :lol:
I actually like most of it. Just not crazy about the look, but it doesn't bother me very much. However, I don't have an iPad, just the iPhone.

LockeBox

LockeBox

Infected

• Members
Ugh. The 5's battery already drained faster than my 4, I don't need it to be worse! Let alone have a girly cartoony look. I think I'll pass, at least for now; hopefully they fix a few things quickly.

If intimidation is your game plan, I hope you have a better one.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
You can always downgrade if you're willing to jailbreak. Just google how to.

KittenMittons

KittenMittons

S-mart Employee

• Members
I actually love the new update.
Specifically:
-New way to close apps (3 at a time makes it much easier)
-New designs. I am a fan of them so far
-Music app looks better (turning iphone gives a nice list of every album- better than what they had)
-Text/Phone apps look better
-New backgrounds and ringtones
-Sliding up is awesome. Get pretty much the essentials with a quick swipe.
-iTunes radio is really cool. It's basically a built in Pandora
-If I'm playing music, I can have a lot more control over whats playing (How far into song, name of song, who plays it, album cover, volume/pause) without having to unlock the phone. I know you could do this before but it looks a lot nicer.
Join the R&L GTA Crew! http://socialclub.ro...ers_and_lurke

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!