G** Dammit - Ellen Page And Other Casting Errors

- - - - - movies queen & country

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
So they have optioned Queen & Country, a great spy series from Oni by Grug Rucka (Lazarus). That should be good news. There is potential here for a great movie and series in the vein of Bourne or James Bond.

And they went and bollacksed it by hiring Ellen Page. I don't mind her. She is cute and awkward and funny. Tara Chace (the main character) is none of those things. She is a well-bred, hard-drinking, tough-as-shit leading female. And kinda gorgeous, not cute, smoking fucking hot! I should not look at her and think, "oh yeah, I could totally kick her ass".

I get that geeks love Ellen Page, but why do they do things like this. She is not an action star, she's the bumbling little girl next door. When I think of people that could survive torture, she is not one of them.

At one point Tara takes a bullet and her long collapses, and she stabs a pen through her chest and continues to reinflate it for two more days before she can get to safe territory.

JUNO IS NOT AN HERO!!!!!

I would rather see the movie not get made.

Why does HOllywood do this!?!?!?!?

Okay, glad I got that off my chest. Rant over.

Does anyone else have casting issues to complain about? Has Hollywood shat all over your favourite stories? Of course they have, that's what they do.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
So...Queen and Country...Is this serious pretty good?
Oh, and well...I don't have many casting problems for comic book movies/TV shows, but I do sometimes have problems with the casting for certain novels I like.
For example, some of the characters in the Hunger Games should have been portrayed by different actors/actresses, I think. Although I will admit Jennifer Lawrence is perfect as Katniss.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Ellen Page was badass and not at all cute, awkward or quirky in Hard Candy.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Ellen Page was badass and not at all cute, awkward or quirky in Hard Candy.

Okay, so she can do angry teenager. Now if the movie were about a 16 year old secret service agent that might work...

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
I don't like this decision, good rant DreaM I agree this reaks of Hollywood. Ugh this always gets done to comic book movies...I am sick and tired of Hollywood using the safety methods to get reliable sales. Still I am probably going to see it and hope it is good.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
Yeah, that's about right. I'll see it too because it is such a good series, and could potentially be a franchise for all women too cool for Jennifer Aniston movies, but I might complain a little along the way. I do like Ellen Page, I just think they would be better served by someone, I don't know, British and age appropriate...

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
Did you see Ellen in The East? I think she can pull it off just fine.
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

wasp

wasp

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBay Area CA
It may be hard to look at an established actress or actor in a new way and worry that casting someone established with a certain image will screw up the story. But I think Page can pull it off.

When Rooney Mara was cast as Lisbeth Salander I had was kind of worried. The girl who was in about 15 minutes of Social Network, and was little else, other than a socialite can not pull off Lisbeth. But I was pleasantly surprised. I don't even think of Noomi Rapace when I think of Lisbeth, only Rooney Mara.

Some casting decisions have sent fans into despair, only to work out for the best. Bale, and now Affleck as Batman come to mind. But lets see where they go with this.

I did not think Jennifer Lawrence could pull off Katniss Everdeen, now when I go and re-read the books I picture Jennifer Lawrence and it fits.
This is a Lying Cat, and Lying Cats always play by the rules...At least they're supposed to.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I'm not a fan of ellen page but I think she can handle portraying darker characters, but I'd hate to see her in a comedy.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Ellen Page is great! she can nail any role. This is a stupid thing to worry aboot.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
she was good in this....

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

I'm not a fan of ellen page but I think she can handle portraying darker characters, but I'd hate to see her in a comedy.

Agreed
I Believe In Rick Grimes

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
It's not a matter of being dark, more a matter of being perpetually 16 and not very tough. But a lot of people seem to have faith in her, and if at least one of the people who think she could do it has read the books I might be willing to accept it.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
She does look too young to play Tara Chace but she'll end up nailing the character and you'll probably be more disapointed the film adaptation than by her portrayal. But yeah tonnes of other actresses would be better, hell maggie from twd would be better. Does anyone else wish rogue beat the shit out of kitty pryde?...side note I still hate the casting for gambit in wolverine origins, I hope they get sawyer from lost to play gambit in the next movie.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!