Currently Watching...

- - - - - movie tv

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Just like the "Currently playing..." thread, what shows are movies have you recently watched/are watching? I thought it would be a cool way to recommend some shows and movies that you've seen and want others to enjoy

Breaking Bad-If you haven't seen Breaking Bad...go watch Breaking Bad. Seriously. I thought it was one of the shows that everyone praises but it was overrated but seriously...just give it one episode (or three) and start from the beginning.

Dexter-Also in its final season and it completely sucks. It's pretty fun to hate-watch at this point in the AV Club comments. Those are the only reason I'm sticking through possibly the worst season of television I've ever seen (worse than Season 6). Those comments make me laugh harder than any professional comedian. Seasons 1-4 are worth your time, though.

Mad Men-I've only seen one episode but its intrigued me and I enjoy the setting a lot. I'm definitely going to stick around for more

Six Feet Under-I'm three episodes in but it's very enjoyable. I'm definitely sticking through with this one. Check this one out. Highly recommend.

Game of Thrones-Just recently finished but another one I'd highly recommend. It's like watching history unfold on your television screen

Elysium-It's the most recent movie I've seen in theaters but it was a well executed action movie with a preachy message and a terrible ending. Definitely worth your money but you won't be missing out on much if you skip it

28 Days Later-I'm a bit late to this one (I saw it yesterday) and I'm guessing everyone has already seen it since this is a zombie forum but it was good. It had an awesome soundtrack but it looked like it was filmed with a cell phone. I know they had a budget of a can of cat food and with what they had, they made a very effective zombie thriller

Wolverine-Also saw this semi-recently and it was very good but I think it's time for Hollywood to bite the bullet and make a Rated R Wolverine movie

Anyone else? (I know I watch a lot of TV)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KittenMittons

KittenMittons

S-mart Employee

• Members
I have been watching Scrubs for the most part on Netflix. Also watching breaking bad, which as JesusMonroe said, is awesome. That's pretty much it as of now. Once I'm done with Scrubs I'll probably look into another show. I have heard Archer is good.
Join the R&L GTA Crew! http://socialclub.ro...ers_and_lurke

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
Just saw The World's End on Saturday night and it was amazing. Seriously, go see it. You won't be disappointed. I'm also keeping up with Breaking Bad (holy shit, what a show). I'm debating starting LOST too...I've heard the beginning is great but the ending kind of blows. I want to start The Wire, Game of Thrones, and Homeland as well.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I know you don't want to go on the Lost thread to avoid spoilers but many fans were satisfied with the ending. I liked the ending, just not the last episode. It's an adventure, though. Just watch it and judge it for yourself.

Homeland is incredible television (the first season at least) and the third season is starting soon so I'd get on that. Game of Thrones is another one. I'm also going to watch Season 2 of the Wire once I'm done with Mad Men and Six Feet Under.

So, it looks like you have your hands full. And I will see the World's End if I get the time. If not, I'll get it once it goes on demand

Edit: If you watch Lost to get all the answers to the questions they've been presenting, you won't like the ending. If you watch it for the characters and their journeys, then you'll probably like it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Dude JesusMonroe we have almost the exact same taste in tv shows.

Watching Breaking Bad.

Love Game of Thrones. I'm on the fifth book right now.

Mad Men is great tv as well. I have to catch up on the most recent season.

Officer_Friendly, watch LOST. It is amazing and the ending is not nearly as bad as what people make it out to be. I honestly don't know what they expected and if you're halfway intelligent you'll understand what is going on.

Jesus Monroe, I just finished Six Feet Under and it is one of the greatest tv experiences you will ever have. The characters and storylines are like no other tv show I have ever seen. Keep me updated as you watch it! I want to know what you think of it. I don't know of many people my age (21) who have watched it and I didn't have anyone to discuss it with as I was watching it.

Now onto TV Shows that haven't been mentioned:

Catching up on American Horror Story season 2. It's really good so far but people tell me the ending is weird.

Just finished Friday Night Lights. Took me a little while to get into it but once I got it, I was obsessed and it is in my top 3 shows of all time.

Just started Orange is the New Black yesterday. Heard all the hype about it and it does not disappoint. It's a great tv show and I enjoy it even as a guy. (Someone told me it's a girls show.. but no).

I've heard all about Dexter but haven't watched it. Once I'm done with all these shows I was thinking about watching Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. Recommended?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Yeah, I'll be sure to PM you as I watch SFU.

The first two seasons of Dexter are great television (there is something bad in the second season, though, that I can't even be vague about without spoiling). The third season I think is underrated but it is notably weaker and the fourth season is also great (many call it the best but I still prefer season 2). Season 5 is ok, but it was at that point the writers became obsessed with making Dexter a superhero (not literally) and returning to the status quo. Season 6 is the second worst season of television I've ever seen and season 7 has some really great episodes and set up for a great final season. The final season is the worst season of television I've ever seen. It's not over yet, but I really don't think it can redeem itself.

So, yes, I'd recommend Dexter. The reason I began watching SFU was because of Michael C. Hall and the first 4 seasons are great television. I'd stop watching after season 4 if I were you. I know that might sound frustrating and pointless to even watch (I never saw Heroes or Prison Break because people always told me to not watch after season 1) but seasons 1-4 are really good and definitely worth your time. And if you still insist on watching Dexter past the 4th season, I'll hate-watch it right alongside you and be sure to check out the AV Club. Watching eight seasons of television to read the comments on that site make it worth it.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
Thanks for the info! I'll let you know when I get around to watching it once I finish the batch of shows I'm currently on. Also interested in starting The Wire, as many claim it's the best show in the history of tv.

Hate how so many tv shows start off amazing and just spiral downhill. I'm praying Walking Dead ends while it still has a decent amount of viewers and is still a respected show.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Hate how so many tv shows start off amazing and just spiral downhill. I'm praying Walking Dead ends while it still has a decent amount of viewers and is still a respected show.

Yeah. I'm sad that Breaking Bad is ending but at least it's ending on its highest note in the series. It's going to be remembered fondly for years. When people remember Dexter, they'll only remember the bad times.

And since you mentioned the Walking Dead, I'm going to call it right now. Season 4 of the Walking Dead is going to be almost universally regarded as the best season and Season 6 is going to be the worst. I have no reason for thinking season 6 is going to be the worst and I'm not even thinking of where the show will be at that point in time comic wise, I just have a feeling that 6 is going to be the stinker

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
The last movies I saw in theaters were Kick Ass 2 and The World's End.

Kick Ass 2 was pretty lame, and as a fan of the comic series, I was disappointed.

The World's End was phenomenal, and I'm probably going to see it at least one more time before it leaves theaters.

If you're not watching Breaking Bad, you are seriously missing out.

Love Game of Thrones. I've been rewatching the series (even though season 1 kind of hurts) and I'm always recommending it to people.

Orange is the New Black is hands down the best new series I've seen in a while. Excellent writing and acting, with some of the most interesting characters I've ever seen.

I recently just watched the first episode of Orphan Black and I'm pretty intrigued. Tatiana Maslany is really good.

3VHWYjA.gif

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members

Yeah. I'm sad that Breaking Bad is ending but at least it's ending on its highest note in the series. It's going to be remembered fondly for years. When people remember Dexter, they'll only remember the bad times.

And since you mentioned the Walking Dead, I'm going to call it right now. Season 4 of the Walking Dead is going to be almost universally regarded as the best season and Season 6 is going to be the worst. I have no reason for thinking season 6 is going to be the worst and I'm not even thinking of where the show will be at that point in time comic wise, I just have a feeling that 6 is going to be the stinker

I agree and am extremely optimistic about season 4. I know the actors always talk it up but this season truly seems to be about the characters.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

I've heard all about Dexter but haven't watched it. Once I'm done with all these shows I was thinking about watching Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. Recommended?

I recommend Sons of Anarachy. It is great television and that is from someone who never thought she would ever get into anything about a biker gang, but like TWD, it is so much more than that. There is great character interaction, not least of which comes from the outstanding women's roles. These women can stand toe to toe with the men, and sometimes do--literally and figuratively.

I also recommended Orphan Black--again. I started a thread about it when it first came out. Tatiana Maslany is outstanding!

My latest find is The Bridge on FX. I really like the mystery in this multi-cultural gem that takes place in El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico. So far, I have found it anything, but predictable.

I also really enjoy Continuum on SyFy. This is a time travel crime drama that also manages to insert its share of good plot twists interspersed among good character development.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
I'm excited to start Sons of Anarchy.

What is Orphan Black about? I've heard of it but haven't taken the time to look into it.

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
Just found out about WILFRED and fucking loving it. PLEASE PEEP THIS OUT! you will not be disappointed!

"The story of a manic depressive man who inexplicably is the only one who can see his neighbor's dog as a full grown man in a dog suit."

http://www.solarmovi...v/wilfred-2011/

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
very excited for SOA to start back up! Can't wait for TWD to start back up. Im currently enjoying Ray Donovan, its pretty good. I also love watching THE SOUP......

Lets not forget, a HUGE FUCK OFF to the shitty show homeland, Don't waste you time with that bullshit!

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
"call me fitz" is a real cool show as well

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Homeland is still top tier TV. The second season is just a large dip in quality from the first and has two awful episodes

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

I'm excited to start Sons of Anarchy.

What is Orphan Black about? I've heard of it but haven't taken the time to look into it.

Orphan Black is a suspense thriller about a woman who learns she was cloned as part of a clone conspiracy. BBC is about to rerun it in an encore performance beginning Saturday, September 14th at 10/9c.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
I watched some episodes of "Orange Is the New Black" over the summer and liked it. It just seems totally different, kind of comical at times, and deadly serious at other times.

I also liked "House of Cards". Kevin Spacey is great and the political wheeling and dealings are probably (sadly enough) close to real life.

But, nothing beats Breaking Bad.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!