Wolf Among Us

- - - - - telltale walking dead fables

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

The trailer for episode four dropped today. Looks like the release date is the 27th for PSN/PC/Mac, 28th for Xbox and the 29th for iOS.

Jon is fine, dammit.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....

the only bad thing about this game is that I can't wander around and look at everything. so annoying

you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

I get the achievements on 360 but then they don't show up later on, also this game never shows choices at the end of the episode.

Enjoyed the episode but again only about 90 mins long.

Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I wasn't as disappointed in the length of this episode because there was a lot of content in it, as opposed to Episode 3 where I felt like I spent a lot of it dicking around

Anyway, I was somewhat disappointed in Episodes 2 and 3, but this episode pushed me right back into the swing of things. It also featured the hardest choice I've ever experienced in any Telltale game (deciding whether or not to send Toad back to the farm). I paused it for like five minutes before making my choice

This episode made me feel more like a Detective and I was actually getting a little more aggressive in my interrogations. I was slightly abrasive towards Beauty and Beast, but I straight up dug into Johann

Choices:

-I didn't send Colin to the farm (I wasn't vague either. I told him straight up he was my friend)

-Tried to remove the ribbon

-Went to Cut Above first 

-Smoked regardless of No Smoking sign

-Restrained Jersey instead of Woodsman

-Didn't hit Jersey after he hit me

-Stopped Beast as he was rubbing glass in Jersey's face

-Asked Woodsman, "If he would be ok"

-Sent Toad back to the farm and felt like a heartless bastard (Justification below)

-Waited for Tiny Tim and let him open the door

-Smoked when I saw Crooked Man

Also, has anyone noticed that there's been a choice every episode to take money? I took it last episode (because I thought it would be evidence, not Bigby being crooked) and now I'm wondering if that'll play into anything. Probably a final stat saying, "Were you ever crooked?" and mine will say no even though it totally should be :(

Anyway, the Toad decision. I like Snow a lot and I understood she has a lot on her own plate. The last thing she needs is her own subordinate not listening to an order and I wanted her to know she could trust me. I had Colin stay because I burnt the tree down last episode, so I think I won some Snow points there. Toad threw that in my face when I was sending him back but I did it anyway because I figured supporting snow on 2/3 of her orders would be better than not supporting her for 2/3. It seems to have worked because she never questioned my loyalty once this episode (and though I initially felt heartless about the tree thing, it seems I made the right choice)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
I didn't feel at all bad about sending both Colin and Toad to the Farm; we can't have non-human fables roaming the streets, and the fable government has better things to spend its money on than bankrolling glamors.

Plus, the Farm isn't even a bad place.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Also, has anyone noticed that there's been a choice every episode to take money? I took it last episode (because I thought it would be evidence, not Bigby being crooked) and now I'm wondering if that'll play into anything. Probably a final stat saying, "Were you ever crooked?" and mine will say no even though it totally should be :(

If you take the money this episode, you can pay for Toad's glamour. So Bigby is only crooked if you're selfish with the money. It's all up to the player.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

I gave Toad the money I took. Told Colin he was my friend, Restrained Jersey, Smoked in The Butchers, Waited for Tiny Tim, Hit Jersey Back and had a fight, oh I went to the butcher first and Smoked when i met The Crooked Man.

Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Damn. I didn't know you could give Toad money for a glamour. Oh well. I made my choice and have to stick with it. Is Snow pissed at all?

I didn't feel at all bad about sending both Colin and Toad to the Farm; we can't have non-human fables roaming the streets, and the fable government has better things to spend its money on than bankrolling glamors.

Plus, the Farm isn't even a bad place.

Well, like Colin said, he's not a dancing mouse with a hat and cane. He's a pig. It wouldn't be the end of the world if a mundy saw him. Toad is a different story.
Fable Comics Spoilers
Spoiler

Anyway, I know it's super obvious the killer is the Crooked Man, but for some reason I found myself suspecting Toad. Maybe the killer glamoured himself to look like a Fable (Toad)?

Telltale Community Speculation Spoilers
Spoiler

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I could be reading too far into this, but this tweet seems to indicate we won't be getting a Season 2. It's a shame because the world has a lot of potential for more stories

68e91522a538fcfbfec521ac45b76b08.png

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

And this is interesting. It looks like they heavily changed the story to the season, especially episode 2, due to "creative differences"

http://www.telltaleg...is-season-faith

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Episode 5 has been uploaded to Steam, so we could get it in like two weeks based on the other releases. We might get this one before Episode 4 of TWD 

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

10513401_321869914636836_749094750670264

IT'S COMING

http://www.highdefdi...-cry-wolf/16190

Tread Lightly

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

So July 15th...augh, I'm so anxious to see how this all ends.

Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Poo. I have a flight the 13th. It would've been nice to have that as an airport-waiting game

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Apparently the last episode is only 60-70 minutes

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

Episode 5 trailer: 

Release Dates (from Telltale's twitter):

Season Finale 
7/8 - PC/Mac worldwide,@PlayStation Nth Am 
7/9 -@Xbox 360 worldwide,@PlayStationEU 
7/10 - iOS @AppStore

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Poo. I have a flight the 13th. It would've been nice to have that as an airport-waiting game

Looks like you will get that airport waiting game, JM!

Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Looks like you will get that airport waiting game, JM!

Hooray for being anti-social with strangers!

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Apparently the last episode is only 60-70 minutes

Damn, that's disappointing.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Damn, that's disappointing.

Yup. I understand Episode 2 being shorter since that went through production hell but every episode this season (besides episode 1) and of TWD has been shorter. It's pretty disappointing, and this is probably going to be the shortest episode yet and it's the finale

I'm wondering how they're going to wrap it all up. Bigby is in a room full of villains, we need to find out the killer (though we can guess it's the Crooked Man/Bloody Mary), why he killed the girls, etc

Maybe there's no investigating this episode? Just wall to wall action? Maybe the season will end on a cliffhanger?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Spoiler

Also, the end reminded me of Ace Attorney

Spoiler

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

By the way, I'm totally ok with this episode being as short as it was. If you make different decisions, this is a completely different episode. I wouldn't mind if all the TT episodes were this short if the choices mattered this much

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Spoiler

Anyway, I enjoyed this series. The Fables world is really interesting, and that along with the mystery kept me intruiged throughout. The action scenes in particular are Telltale's best to date. I just wish the cinematic aspect of the game (all Telltale games, really) wasn't so choppy. I feel like the shot transitions are off the mark the majority of the time.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Looking back at the game, it's really interesting if you look at things through Snow's eyes. In a way, she could've been the playable character because the decisions that she make are just as difficult as the ones that Bigby has to (choosing to trade Crane for Bigby, trying to run Fabletown when everyone hates her, deciding whether to assign a loose cannon Sheriff to a job or not, dealing with people who don't follow orders, etc). In fact, I'd argue that Snow goes through more hell over the course of the game than Bigby

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Loved the game but for some reason my choices from episode 3&4 weren't taken into account and i didn't get the achivements either. I'm going to have to play through again at some point.

Tread Lightly

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!