Wolf Among Us

- - - - - telltale walking dead fables

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
I'm used to TT taking a while but 4 months? Geez

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
Just saw this Red Band trailer for episode two, not sure if you guys have checked it out yet or if I'm just late to the party again.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/29/the-wolf-among-us-episode-2-red-band-trailer?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
You're not late to the party on this one, but I'm not clicking that link! TT trailers usually spoil a lot and I like to go in with as blank a slate as possible

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
It's out next week, yaaay.

Confirmed on TWAU Games' Facebook Page.
Tread Lightly

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
So, today is the day. Feb 4. It's being released today for PC and PS3. Can't wait to play it.

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
I hate that since I play this game on the 360, I have to wait an extra day. What's up with that, anyway?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
It was the same with PC last year. I'm pretty sure Telltale has a contract with Sony and Steam jumped in on it this time. At least it's not exclusive

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Out tomorrow, I have assignments due.

Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Disappointed with the length of this episode. Also, it didn't show my choices at the end

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
It did show my choices. And this episode was awesome. That ending.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Xbox issue means I can't get my online pass copy, only an option to buy it. Microsoft's fault not Telltale's apparently.

Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

About the ending...

Spoiler

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Issue still unresolved...

FFS.

Tread Lightly

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

Issue still unresolved...

FFS.

I got a message from xbox with a code for Ep 2.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

I got a message from xbox with a code for Ep 2.

Yeah I did too

Episode was pretty short IMO.

Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Episode was pretty short IMO.

Agreed

Every episode in Season 1 of the Walking Dead (besides 5) was 2-3 hours long (2 and a half hours averaged). Episode 5 was about an hour and 20 minutes and so was 400 Days. Episode 1 of Season 2 was about an hour and a half and Episode 1 of the Wolf Among Us was about two hours. This episode took four months to make and was about an hour and twenty minutes

Jesus. The wait times are getting longer and the episodes are getting shorter. At least it's still quality, but Season 1 of TWD was a 12 hour epic. This is definitely less bang for your buck

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Yeah, the episode was definitely on the short side.

I was also a little disappointed in how every choice basically boiled down to "good cop or bad cop".

Other than that though, it was pretty good.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Yeah, the episode was definitely on the short side.

I was also a little disappointed in how every choice basically boiled down to "good cop or bad cop".

Other than that though, it was pretty good.

That and the fact that it doesn't appear like these choices will have much impact down the line compared to Episode One

And I always chose good cop, but the game definitely seems more fun if you do bad cop. For example, the confrontation with Gerogie. It would've been hilarious if you just wrecked shit but instead you just walk around and threaten to wreck shit. I know it's hard to divergent plot lines, but they should make it so the person who did bad cop in that situation gets an extra clue. When it's time to deduct who the killer is, the person with more clues has an easier shot of finding out

It is funny to see alternate playthroughs of the interrogation scene, though. Like smashing TweedleDee with a bottle and then offering him a cigarette and he just gets all confused 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

LIixv2M.png

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Please feel free to do so, Telltale. Please do.

Jon is fine, dammit.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Releases are getting better.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Episode 1 was much better than Episode 2.  But I'm still anticipating Episode 3 and I hope we get some news on it soon.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Episode 1 was much better than Episode 2.  But I'm still anticipating Episode 3 and I hope we get some news on it soon.

We more than likely will in the next fortnight or so, hopefully, anyway.

Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Yeah. The date that many people are banking on is April 1st/April 8th

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
I hope the next episode won't have that season's pass issue again.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!