Wolf Among Us

- - - - - telltale walking dead fables

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Same, I'm hoping the GoT and Borderlands don't come out until TWD and Wold Among Us are done.

Not interested in either of those to be honest. Haven't watched or played the counterparts.
Tread Lightly

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Not interested in either of those to be honest. Haven't watched or played the counterparts.

I'm interested in GoT but I'm willing to wait until WAU and TWD wrap up

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I finally got around to playing through this (downloaded it a few weeks ago and forgot about it). I shouldn't have waited so long. I thought the storyline was immersive and very strong, and I had never even heard of the comic series. I want to read them now, but I'm going to wait until I complete the last chapter of the game so as not to spoil too much. At first glance, it didn't really seem to be my cup of tea, but the characters certainly grew on me pretty quick. Telltale seems to be good at that. I'm pretty invested now so here's hoping the next chapter comes sooner than later.

Here are mine.

Spoiler

Spoiler

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I finally got around to playing through this (downloaded it a few weeks ago and forgot about it). I shouldn't have waited so long. I thought the storyline was immersive and very strong, and I had never even heard of the comic series. I want to read them now, but I'm going to wait until I complete the last chapter of the game so as not to spoil too much. At first glance, it didn't really seem to be my cup of tea, but the characters certainly grew on me pretty quick. Telltale seems to be good at that. I'm pretty invested now so here's hoping the next chapter comes sooner than later.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Somebody on the Telltale community did some investigating and found VERY strong evidence on who the killer is, though. This isn't officially a spoiler. It's just speculation. The evidence is strong, though
http://www.telltaleg...-evidence-found

Spoiler

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Spoiler

Somebody on the Telltale community did some investigating and found VERY strong evidence on who the killer is, though. This isn't officially a spoiler. It's just speculation. The evidence is strong, though
http://www.telltaleg...-evidence-found

Spoiler

Thanks for that link, that's very interesting.

Spoiler

TheRunninDEAD

TheRunninDEAD

Infected

• Members
wiki says new episode drops tomorrow

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

wiki says new episode drops tomorrow

Whaaaaat?!
I Believe In Rick Grimes

TheRunninDEAD

TheRunninDEAD

Infected

• Members
now it's changed to say January 2014 but two days ago it said January 8 2014. I hate that anyone can edit those sites

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

now it's changed to say January 2014 but two days ago it said January 8 2014. I hate that anyone can edit those sites

I'm expecting it Late Jan/Early Feb.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Never believe anything on Wikipedia.
Tread Lightly

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Ep 2 has been rated for AUS... Fffffuuuuucccckkk yes!
I Believe In Rick Grimes

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I'm dying for the next episode. It's going to be a day 1 download for me. I'm glad to see it shouldn't be too far away.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
We got a release date.

http://www.telltaleg...-2-release-info

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

We got a release date.

http://www.telltaleg...-2-release-info

Hah, was just about to post that!
http://ie.ign.com/ar...ing-in-february

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Finally, a release date.

I hope we won't have to wait this long for every episode.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Very happy to hear that it will be coming soon.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

Tread Lightly

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
They released a couple of images on Twitter last night:

Spoiler

Jon is fine, dammit.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Saw these ^^
I Believe In Rick Grimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

They released a couple of images on Twitter last night:

Spoiler

They've been around a while now. I love the art style and music in this game, it gives it a late eighties noir feel.
Tread Lightly

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
Oh word, my bad. I've been sort of out of the loop lately, so they were new to me!
Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
For those who haven't read the Fables series, Jack is from Jack and the Beanstalk (obviously) but he's such a slimy, dumb asshole. He often tries to rip people off with pyramid schemes involving him selling his magic beans and Bigby can barely tolerate him. He's hilarious, though. If they added his character for fanservice, I'm glad

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
I don't think they had been posted in this thread up until now, and it's the first time I have seen them, so it's all good! I'm seriously debating whether or not to play the first episode or wait it out just like the second season of The Walking Dead. The reviews and storyline make me want to play it, but I don't think I can handle waiting months between each episode. Oh the dilemmas in my life right now.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I truly believe the Telltale series are the only series that are better if you play it episodic-ly rather than binging at the end. If you get it, you can put together clues with us, share your choices, give theories on who the killer is, etc.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
How can Telltale be so cruel to make us wait this long? I'm going to blame Tales from the Borderlands and Gearbox for this delay.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!