Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

- - - - - Avenged Sevenfold New Album Hail To The King Metal Meets Classical Love it Favorite band A7X FTW

Mary Mayhem

Mary Mayhem

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
So the 27th was a pretty great day... as two of my most favorite things came out that day; Season 3 of the Walking Dead on DVD, and Avenged Sevenfold's new album; Hail to the King.

So i've been a fan of these guys for... shoot... over a decade... not gonna think about that 'cause it makes me feel old, but anyway. They're my top favorite band. I even did the deed of getting an A7X tattoo as my first one, 6 years ago... don't regret it whatsoever and in fact I plan on adding the Deathbat onto it (I have a whole idea written out already but i'm gonna stop babbling now).

So for anyone familiar with the band, you know that every single album is different... some people love that (i.e. me) and others don't (i.e. other people). So my question is, for new and old fans alike, what do you think of this album?

My personal unbiased opinion? I freaking love it. It's all I've been listening to. Shepherd of Fire and Requiem are my two favorites at the moment but the entire CD is just so damn great... I can't stop listening to it. I think the reason these guys are so good at doing something different each CD, is because they do what they genuinely want to do instead of being jerked around by their record label like a lot of other bands fall victim to... and heaven knows A7X are quite the eclectic bunch. There hasn't been a CD of theirs that has ever disappointed me, but i'm also the person who happened to like Sounding the Seventh Trumpet as well lol... I don't think even the guys can listen to that CD now, but I still do. ^_^

So now that I've gushed, i'm interested in others opinions... good or bad, throw 'em at me! :zombismiley:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!