Issue 116 Cover, Description, & Predictions (Now With Preview)

- - - - - comic all out war rick holly negan

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I have had an theory, but always kinda went...''meh, it CANT be. ''

But if it's true that she is gonna betray them....

Could it have something to do with Amber?

Hear me out, guys. I can explain.

Because ever since i first saw Amber, i thought '' Man, she looks EXACTLY like Holly. Same hair/haircolor (Amber's is only slightly longer at the neck and Amber's bangs flare out more, but other than that, it's pretty much the same.), same ear-ring. Only really big difference is that Holly is kinda butch, wears slightly more butch clothes, wears no makeup and Amber dresses like....uhh....well, not very proper.

Holly. Amber.

Here's a side shot as well.

Amber. Holly.

It is foolish to assume anything (maybe It's just a case of Adlard drawing characters similar with NOOOOOOO connections whatsoever.), but i dunno.

Okay, let me reput my theory.

Holly is not gonna betray them. She is just getting inside the Sanctuary to find Dwight.

Amber....Maybe she IS Holly's (twin) sister, and she is actually one of the people that thinks Dwight is a good guy, and when Holly comes to face Dwight (because it WILL happen, of that i'am sure.), she steps in to break it up.

Holly is shocked, then glad, but soon remembers why she came to the Sanctuary. She aims at Dwight with the shotgun.

Amber then tells Holly to stop saying something like '' This is a good man. Dont hurt him. '' (better worded, but something like that) and it causes an dilemma for Holly. Kill the man that killed Abraham and avenge him, or turn her long lost sister against her by killing one of her close friends.

It is a JUST a theory, and potentially a REALLY stupid one (time will tell)....but i dunno, it could work, at the very least.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
nice theory...
made me rememer the "savior" who looks like "Jesus" back in the issue # 100

or the Paul mentioned as one of the saviors leader (many people tought it might be Paul Monroe)

the "twins" could be a great twist

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

Holly. Amber.

Here's a side shot as well.

Amber. Holly.

I'm on the fence on this one. Amber/Holly being related seems probable, but at the same time, it could be Kirkman trolling us (remember Douglas & Spencer Monroe/ Paul Monroe?), showing two different characters that may be related, only to find out that they're not.

This preview is totally taken out of context; we have no idea as to why Holly knees Rick and steals the truck. She could be jumping ship, and that's a logical knee-jerk reaction. She could be trying to pursue Dwight, thus going against Rick's plans. We won't know until the issue drops, and then we probably still won't know. #kirkmanisatroll
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Amber & Holly being sisters would be an interesting twist and certainly Kirkman hasn't done the family magically finding eachother in the apocalypse since Glen brought Rick to the Atlanta camp and reuniting with Lori and Carl. Something tells me that won't be the case though. They certainly do look a like, facial features, hair...chest curvature. haha

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

I'm on the fence on this one. Amber/Holly being related seems probable, but at the same time, it could be Kirkman trolling us (remember Douglas & Spencer Monroe/ Paul Monroe?), showing two different characters that may be related, only to find out that they're not.

This preview is totally taken out of context; we have no idea as to why Holly knees Rick and steals the truck. She could be jumping ship, and that's a logical knee-jerk reaction. She could be trying to pursue Dwight, thus going against Rick's plans. We won't know until the issue drops, and then we probably still won't know. #kirkmanisatroll

Well, the Monroe thing did make sense in that they werent related. Monroe is a common last name in DC after all. Just like Anderson is common in Sweden. I know many Andersons that have NOTHING to do with eachother.

And apart from the beard that Douglas and Paul both share (Although Paul's is thicker and longer......Oh, just realised that this sounds like i'am describing something completely different from beards), they didnt REALLY have any similarities in how they looked. Or atleast not any that were distinctively blood-related.

Here we have two characters that aside from one being buffer due to being a construction worker, both looks EXTREMELY similar.

It's not even ''Passing similarity'', it's like......twin-like similarity.

And if the scenario of Holly finding Dwight and holding him at gunpoing is true, unless Holly is just gonna blast Dwight in the face (which would be kinda Kirkmanish, but it would also be a HUUUUUGE anticlimax for such a potentially great character *as of now, he is bordering on becoming one of my favorites. He just needs some more screentime to let me decide if he's...earned his keep*) someone needs to make her stop before she were to pull the trigger.

Because whilst it would be more probable that Sherry would be the one to protect Dwight, i dont think Holly gives a fuck about what Sherry wants or thinks.

But then again, maybe because of Sherry defending Dwight, Holly decides that she cant do to Sherry what Dwight did to her. (taking the love of her life)

I dunno, it's all speculation, but i feel like i could have some potentially good predictions going on. Most of the time i miss my mark....but now....i think any of this COULD happen.

And i'am glad the first reaction you guys had to my Amber/Holly theory wasnt '' Yo, this dude is dumb. ''

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Damn! I just saw that Holly comment!

Not looking at anything else.

*runs from thread*

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators

And i'am glad the first reaction you guys had to my Amber/Holly theory was '' Yo, this dude is dumb. ''

Hopefully that was just a typo. :smiley-confused002:

Nobody called you dumb; I thought it was a probable idea. And the other users who saw it thought it would be interesting. But you painted a great scenario with Holly holding Dwight up a gunpoint, and refuses to do to Sherry what Dwight did to her. I like it.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members

Because ever since i first saw Amber, i thought '' Man, she looks EXACTLY like Holly.

I've had that experience a few times throughout the story with a variety of characters.

Lazy art work IMO.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I've had that experience a few times throughout the story with a variety of characters.

Lazy art work IMO.

Carl/Maggie/Glenn
Bearded Rick/Dale
Clean shaven Rick/Spencer
Morgan/Gabriel

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Hopefully that was just a typo. :smiley-confused002:

Nobody called you dumb; I thought it was a probable idea. And the other users who saw it thought it would be interesting. But you painted a great scenario with Holly holding Dwight up a gunpoint, and refuses to do to Sherry what Dwight did to her. I like it.

Yeah, that was a typo.

'' Sir, did you just call me an idiot? ''

''Yes?''

'' Why thank you. ''

As for lazy artwork....

There's an difference in the examples i put out and you guys put out.

You can look at a character like Morgan and Gabriel, and say '' Okay, they look kinda similar. '' But they aren't related. We KNOW that. They just share a passing similarity. That's it.

As for Amber and Holly, we know ZERO about their lifes before.

We dont know if they had or didnt have siblings, and if those siblings are....well, the both of them.

And they dont share a '' passing similarity '' like Morgan and Gabriel. (And even with Maggie, and Glenn, you could always tell who was who. Similar haircuts? Yeah, i can see that that could be a bit confusing if only seen from the back. Completely different ethnicity's and the fact that one has a noticable bust and one doesnt since....well, guys dont have tits? Yeah. The only similarity they ever had was the haircut, and that isnt reason enough to claim '' lazy artwork ''. They just grew out their hair at the same pace. And Maggie has spikier hair than Glenn, who has wavy/soft hair.)

No, these two look almost fucking identical, to the point of it being potentially intentional. And lazy artwork isnt intentional, it's just...lazy artwork.

The ''Lazy artwork'' argument doesnt work here, guys.

I'am on fire tonight, boys, so you have to be better than that.

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators

Yeah, that was a typo.

I have to agree it's not lazy artwork. I'm more inclined to say it's an opportunity for trolling. He'll leave coincidences out there for us, and through waiting a month between issues, we discuss them to death...

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
It's how he gets his kicks, I'm sure of it.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but right after Holly knees Rick he says "I'm sorry".

It makes absolutely no sense for Holly to betray the group. Many of you already mentioned how the Saviors killed Abe...but how about the key detail that just 2 issues ago Negan was about to kill her?

I'm thinking Holly has her own ideas on how to attack the Saviors, and knees Rick when he tries to stop her. That's explain why he's all like "holly noo" as she drives off.

Methinks Holly gonna die.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but right after Holly knees Rick he says "I'm sorry".

No, SHE says that.

Rick says '' Oof ''.

I'm guessing it's a typo you made, but if not, i'm just clearing things up.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
It really looks like Rick said it, but this is the only comic I read so I could be wrong. Even if she says it, i still think it might not be outright betrayal it just wouldn't add up.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Oh, there there.

It's alright, it's a mistake anyone could have made.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
it's no surprise that Holly would go against what Rick says. She has doubted his leadership since day one. I think she is trying to play hero and it may not end well for her.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I have the hots for Holly now..................

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Holly is that girl you love to hate, and hate to love.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Holly is that girl you love to hate, and hate to love.

True. True.

It wouldn't be a big loss if she died at this point. She hasn't really had a ton of development since Abe's death, so if she does die during the arc I wouldn't be affected much to be honest. I'd rather see her live and do some interesting things. Looks like she'll be doing some interesting things this issue though and probably thru 117 since she's on the cover of that one too.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
I think she took the Ammo from the back of the pick up! Rick is gonna kill her when he finds her! if she becomes a Zombie, then he will kill her again!

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

it's no surprise that Holly would go against what Rick says. She has doubted his leadership since day one. I think she is trying to play hero and it may not end well for her.

I assume she's being a coward and is gunna get everyone killed, if she just had a different plan of attack like ramming the fence or something, you'd think she'd be smart enough not to use the truck with all the ammo...She totally has been against Rick from the start, Does anyone even remember how she kept manipulating abe and trying to get him to take the leadership role from Rick? Holly is a self serving bitch! I do like the amber holly sister theory, tho.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Self serving bitch but Holly for some reason has just moved up a notch in my book.

I think she has potential to be just as badass as Andrea is ...................and shes is hot.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
Where is preview please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I seem to be in the minority but I actually like Holly. Well, I shouldn't say like. I'm more indifferent towards her, as opposed to hating her. Out of all the underdeveloped ancillary characters, she has the most potential, moreso than Rosita and Heath

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!