Issue 116 Cover, Description, & Predictions (Now With Preview)

- - - - - comic all out war rick holly negan

FJSP2627

FJSP2627

S-mart Employee

• Members
Me neither, i think he'll have some development during this arc but around issue 20 he'll die. the description for that issue is "the war comes home" so it may be a lot o asz citizens dying. until he dies, he'll be very importante during this war

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
If by "rages on" does this description mean "actually begins"?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

If by "rages on" does this description mean "actually begins"?

THIS +1

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Kirkman is all a bout the semantics.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Slimfast Euge deserves a cover.

But yeah. I hope he at least has a few badass moments during AOW.

I've thought for the longest time that Eugene betray Rick in the war, but even if he doesn't I think he will have a significant role in the war. If he survives, I think he would be an excellent candidate to replace Gregory at the hilltop or serve in a different leadership role. Reading 115 over again, my suspicions of Eugene being the turncoat have dwindled. It's true he's slimmer, working hard to achieve a goal - the pane of the factory looked like he was running a tight ship.

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members
I like the idea of Eugene as a new leader, either during or after the war. There's quite a bit of potential with his character and whatever his fate ends up being (whether he ends up as one of the great AOWar Heroes or as Benedict Arnold), I hope he at least gets some decent panel time.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

I like the idea of Eugene as a new leader, either during or after the war. There's quite a bit of potential with his character and whatever his fate ends up being (whether he ends up as one of the great AOWar Heroes or as Benedict Arnold), I hope he at least gets some decent panel time.

I honestly don't think that Eugene would be fit for leadership.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members
I could see it happening, he has been constantly improving himself ever since being exposed as a fraud.

all_hail_the_saviors

all_hail_the_saviors

S-mart Employee

• Members

I honestly don't think that Eugene would be fit for leadership.

Yeah I can't see Eugene doing anything but making bullets. He's definitely not leadership material for something as large as a community. I see him as taking a sort of Earl Sutton role in terms of what Euge does for ASZ.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Yeah I can't see Eugene doing anything but making bullets. He's definitely not leadership material for something as large as a community. I see him as taking a sort of Earl Sutton role in terms of what Euge does for ASZ.

I'm actually hoping to see Sutton step up at the Hilltop (alongside Maggie, that is). I agree - Euge is in no way fit to be leader of the whole community - he's just doesn't have a strong enough personality. Looks like he is doing a great job heading up the team to manufacture bullets, and I think that is a good place for him.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
I can't see Eugene in a leadership position, he'd be a very valuable asset no matter what group he's a part of.
He clearly has a great mind, a thinker above all.
To those not on his side, he's a threat.

Rick needs Eug's resourcefulness if he wants to further build civilization.
Losing him would be a huger blow than it might seem.
I'd really like to see Eugene live on to see what more he can contribute.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I'm actually hoping to see Sutton step up at the Hilltop (alongside Maggie, that is). I agree - Euge is in no way fit to be leader of the whole community - he's just doesn't have a strong enough personality. Looks like he is doing a great job heading up the team to manufacture bullets, and I think that is a good place for him.

Eugene may not be fit to be leader NOW, but after the war concludes? Eugene has definitely shown quite a bit of personal growth as a character, and if he continues on this path I think he could become a decent enough leader. I mean - seriously, the Hilltop let egomaniac and all-around coward Gregory lead them. Guys like Eugene and Earl Sutton are both examples of great potential that could be essential as the war starts to claim casualties. Rick, Negan, Ezekial, Gregory, Jesus - do we expect ALL of them to survive? I'm counting on at least 2 of the main leaders being killed, it will probably be more. The the war ends up decimating the ranks of these communities - it will be the guys like Eugene, Maggie, and Sutton who are left over to pick up the pieces...

Rick needs Eug's resourcefulness if he wants to further build civilization.
Losing him would be a huger blow than it might seem.
I'd really like to see Eugene live on to see what more he can contribute.

I agree. Even if Eugene does not become a community leader, his potential really needs to be tapped by someone. Rick is the most likely person to be able to utilize a guy like Eugene... and I'm scared to think about what would happen if Negan were to find out about the bullet making factory, and have the chance to corrupt Eugene. I think Negan would have no problem finding and exploiting the value of someone like Eugene.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
We've seen Euge in a leadership role before, I don't think he has the social skills for it but he got Rosie and Abe pretty far as far as being the brains of the operation goes.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

tyweezel

tyweezel

Infected

• Members
The Euge may turn out to be a great tactician, strategist, or logistician. He's obviously very inteligent, but he hasn't been given much to do with his brain. I'm a pretty smart person, and it really sucks when you don't have a project or something to put your abilities to use in. I think everyone probably knows that feeling; having something you want to do or a lot of potential and not having the chance to utilize it. I think Eugene may just surprise all of us.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
He would thrive under someone like Rick.
If Negan were to somehow capture Eugene, I think he'd probably use the threat of death or death of a loved one to do what he wants.
With what happened with Abe, I'd hope he would say no to Negan knowing that'd be a way to hurt him and help Rick in that situation.
I'm interested to see what will happen, Eugene has shown he'd rather take the easy route in the past.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
Abe and Euge had a very strained relationship, even though they were making up as Abe died. This is kind of awful to say but dwight killed his competition, so I don't thin rosita will remain his biggest motivation for staying asz.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Shouldn't this topic get pinned?

It would be cool if Negan wanted to kill a member of Rick's group to punish him, but since war is raging on, he can't. Gregory then reveals that Maggie is living at Hilltop (which we're assuming is being guarded by Saviors). Negan sends a Savior there to kill Maggie. The Savior demands to know where Maggie is and Brianna lies and says that she's Maggie. The Savior caps Brianna and rides off.

Rick thinks Maggie is dead and Maggie is outraged, so she rallies the people of Hilltop together

You know, I read a lot of theories on this forum, but this one right here has got to be the most realistic and well thought out theory I've read.

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

He would thrive under someone like Rick.
If Negan were to somehow capture Eugene, I think he'd probably use the threat of death or death of a loved one to do what he wants.
With what happened with Abe, I'd hope he would say no to Negan knowing that'd be a way to hurt him and help Rick in that situation.
I'm interested to see what will happen, Eugene has shown he'd rather take the easy route in the past.

Or Maybe Iron his face to make him do things he doesnt want to do.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

You know, I read a lot of theories on this forum, but this one right here has got to be the most realistic and well thought out theory I've read.

I think your on to something!

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Or Maybe Iron his face to make him do things he doesnt want to do.

I would much rather see him take it, and use that brain of his to come up with a way to kill Negan, even if he dies in the process. It's a long shot I know.
I don't want to see him "turn to the dark side".

chipsmcghee

chipsmcghee

No Longer Stocking Chips McGhee

• Banned
Eugene will do whatever it takes to keep his own life. Negan doesn't know Eugene is full of crap and I think Eugene can talk his way into a nice place in any organization... that being said, have any of the bullets Eugene has made been tested!? Seriously, that guy lies so freakin much he may be making faulty bullets and just too scared to admit it. He just goes from one con to the next. Genius, apologetic weakling, bullet manufacturer, who kows what is next for this guy. Rick is just stupid enough to have never tested Eugene's bullets. If the bullets don't work this "All out War" is going to go very badly for Rick & Co.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
Chips McGee is onto something here...the bullets haven't been tested and what if when they try to fire Eugene's rounds their guns jam up.

I don't think he would intentionally sabotage the group at this point. Eugene has incentive to impress Rosita and kill the Saviors. But he could easily screw up making the ammo along with the assistants he apparently had.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
I dunno. I think Euge is a smart enough guy to test the bullets before making huge quantities. Even I'm smart enough to think of that...

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
Well Eugene isn't you ;)

Besides, I saw that he had assistants in there helping him. The materials could be faulty or even human error in the casting process that jams up the guns.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Well Eugene isn't you ;)

Besides, I saw that he had assistants in there helping him. The materials could be faulty or even human error in the casting process that jams up the guns.

I don't deny that something easily could go wrong - in fact, I hope it does! :P

I'm starting to get excited about the next issue!!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!