Predict The Deaths For The Remaining

- - - - - deaths characters

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

No, he's not the central focus of the series...the central focus of the series that Kirkman has made abundantly clear is the change in Rick's character. I could see Rick dying in the second last volume, and the last 6 issues dealing with settling down finally. If you have something concrete to bring to the table, please share. Otherwise I'll stick with Kirkman's mission statement for the character and series over the gut feeling of one of it's fans. The odds are most definitely on the side of Carl dying first...

The end will be Rick, Andrea and Carl settling into a house in Cynthia Kentucky, New United States and Rick will be checking his mail only to get a papercut on the newspaper and bleed out on the front lawn.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Rick Hits his finger on the mailbox, it becomes infected and he dies.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

The end will be Rick, Andrea and Carl settling into a house in Cynthia Kentucky, New United States and Rick will be checking his mail only to get a papercut on the newspaper and bleed out on the front lawn.

Haha, like in After Armageddon.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

No, he's not the central focus of the series...the central focus of the series that Kirkman has made abundantly clear is the change in Rick's character. I could see Rick dying in the second last volume, and the last 6 issues dealing with settling down finally. If you have something concrete to bring to the table, please share. Otherwise I'll stick with Kirkman's mission statement for the character and series over the gut feeling of one of it's fans. The odds are most definitely on the side of Carl dying first...

Edit: "I promise Rick will not survive the entire run of the book."

It's confirmed right there. I am disappointed he revealed that, though

"Yeah, Rick could go at any time. I think that Carl could carry the book now. I know that there are interesting stories I could do with him, Andrea, or Michonne. To a certain extent, I think it would be interesting to follow Negan for a little bit and see what that story would be like.

I definitely think that Rick has been the anchor for the series and may be the anchor of the series for a long time. I do have plans for him and I know where his story is going, but I promise that Rick will not survive the entire run of the book.

I think the book will go past 300 issues at this point. Charlie and I absolutely love what we’re doing and it is exactly the thing I have wanted to do ever since I wanted to do comics. I’m having the time of my life. The book is going to go on for a long time and no one is safe… not even Rick."

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Haha, like in After Armageddon.

Haha. I remember when that came on History Channel. It was so bad that I never actually finished watching it.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
That was the STUPIDEST family ever. OMG.

Spoiler

The worst part is, most people WOULD be that stupid.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
hahah! really??? that sucks.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Okay I just youtubed the thing and watched the final scene. Big woops. haha

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
"With the walking dead, I want to explore how people deal with extreme situations and how these events CHANGE them. I'm in this for the long haul. You guys are going to see Rick change and mature to the point that, when you look back on this book, you won't even recognize him. I hope you guys are looking forward to a sprawling epic, because that's the idea with this one...this book is more about watching Rick survive than it is about watching zombies pop up around the corner and scare you...the idea with the walking dead is to stay with the character, in this case Rick Grimes for as long as is humanly possible. I want the walking dead to be a chronicle of years of Rick's life."
- Robert Kirkman

By my count only 2 years have passed since the outbreak. Carl will, die first...that will be the only thing that can further change Rick IMO...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
There have been numerous theories on how Rick could turn evil
http://www.roamersan...g-bad-spoilers/

But if you don't want BB spoilers, I'll just say it

First of all, I want to say I'd be fine with Carl dying if Rick became evil as a result but he'd probably just put a gun in his mouth afterwards. Also, if Rick and Carl died, I don't think any of the supporting cast is strong enough to carry the story. I still like that one user's idea (I think it was slouhvakey) who said that Negan should win the All Out War and kill Rick. Carl runs away and is on his own for a while (it would help make him become the central part of the story), meets other survivors, becomes stronger, and eventually returns to reunite with friends and exact his revenge

Anyway, here's how Rick could become evil (and get killed by Carl later on) without Carl dying

1. A child savior kills Michonne or Andrea and Rick kills them.
2. Dwight kills Michonne or Andrea (betrays Rick) and Rick is so furious that he holds Dwight down and kills Sherry in front of him before killing Dwight
3. Maggie is going to ruin the plan (this one was likely before issue 112) and kill Negan so Rick has to kill her before she can cause the plan to fall apart
4. I have another one that I'll post on the thread I linked because it kind of has Breaking Bad spoilers so I'll be vague here. Rick realizes to kill Negan he has to become worse than Negan and ends up using Hilltop or the Kingdom as bait and causes the death of an entire community to save his own

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
If anything it'll be the 4th option...the other ones are stretches. I'd like to see Rick capture a few saviors, kill one and let him turn, then sick him on the rest of the captured before sending them back to sanctuary...

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
It's important to go off of Kirkman's most recent statements, because he obviously changes his mind. He's said time and time again that he knows where Rick's story is going and that he promises he will die before the end. He's also said time and time again that when that does eventually happen, Carl will be ready and developed enough to take over.

Rick is the most important character, Carl's the safest character. Being safe is not completely dependant on your importance. Carl is the John Connor of the series, he's the next generation. He's going to outlive Rick.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Jeez, here you go: http://dailydead.com...e-walking-dead/

"Yeah, Rick could go at any time. I think that Carl could carry the book now"

"I definitely think that Rick has been the anchor for the series and may be the anchor of the series for a long time. I do have plans for him and I know where his story is going, but I promise that Rick will not survive the entire run of the book"

I'm not doubting what you said, I know Kirkman once stated that the focus of the series is the change to Rick's character, but over the years he has stated that Carl would carry on the story without him and it's not just about Rick's change, but it's about Carl's as well and most of everyone they encounter. Rick's not the entire main focus anymore, as evidenced by the current Hilltop/Kingdom/Saviors arc. Kirkman is trying to focus more attention about everyone's humanity in the series. Like I said before, Kirkman has stated that Carl can out live Rick. The odd's are most definitely not on the side of Carl dieing first.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Remember people. Nobody is saying that Carl is more important to the plot then Rick because he isn't, and that's honestly not debatable in the slightest. We're saying that Carl is ultimately safer. Being safer doesn't mean your more important to a narrative.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!
OMG JM, you beat me to it haha.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Rick will die before Carl its inevitable, the way Rick is putting himself into harms way all the time puts the odds in Carl`s favor.

I probably am the only one that WANTS Rick to die at this point because i feel like Rick`s story has run its course and like someone said there really is not anything left for him to evolve as a character imo.

To me the focus of the book has always been about Carl ever since he was introduced and how he grows up in this world and the horrific events he goes through to become the ultimate survivor and badass.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Personally what I think they should do with Carl is during this war, have him go missing for like 50 issues and then reappear. Perhaps he saves someone and it looks like he died in the process. He's assumed dead by almost everyone, but since no body was found Rick holds hope that he's alive, and that stops him from giving up.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Personally what I think they should do with Carl is during this war, have him go missing for like 50 issues and then reappear. Perhaps he saves someone and it looks like he died in the process. He's assumed dead by almost everyone, but since no body was found Rick holds hope that he's alive, and that stops him from giving up.

I don't want the search for Sophia but in the comic. I wouldn't mind if everybody assumed Carl was dead (Rick included) and Rick becomes darker and then Carl shows up later.

And I agree with PT that Rick's story has run its course. The only way for it to go is for him to turn into a villain, which probably won't happen. There's no place left for Rick to evolve

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe

I don't want the search for Sophia but in the comic. I wouldn't mind if everybody assumed Carl was dead (Rick included) and Rick becomes darker and then Carl shows up later.

And I agree with PT that Rick's story has run its course. The only way for it to go is for him to turn into a villain, which probably won't happen. There's no place left for Rick to evolve

Oh it wouldn't be like the Sophia search because everyone would assume he's dead. The reason I'm thinking maybe Rick shouldn't make that assumption is because Carl's literally his source of motivation to survive.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
"You've become the very thing, you swore to destroy"
Quoting star wars but I think it could be applicable in the future.

But I think Carl, Sophia, Andrea, hopfully Maggie and her baby, these are the ones I want to see survive.
As for Rick, of course I want him to live but y'know it won't happen.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Trolled! all of you. Rick is Kirkman's cash cow. Anything can happen You can not trust anything Kirkman says.

SnapVirus

SnapVirus

Infected

• Members
Rick will die. On the last square of the last comic.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I think Kirkman has to say Rick can die at any time to make things less predictable. If he said Rick will make it until the end or close to it, then we would have no suspense every time Rick winds up in danger. He needs to keep us guessing. I definitely see him dying before the end, but not much before it.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I'm telling you guys, death by papercut

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I'm telling you guys, death by papercut

It will be a tragic shaving accident

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!