The Wire

- - - - - chad coleman lawrence gilliard jr. Omar

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
It's funny that this topic was created while I'm in the middle of re-watching the show (currently in season 4), but anyways I thought of more characters

Character you loved to hate? Norman Wilson, Herc Hauk, Stan Valcheck, most of Marlo's crew but Snoop and Chris Partlow were the most fierce obviously. Also Maury Levy is a great 'love to hate' character as is Cheese Wagstaff.

Charcter you hated to love? Of course Jimmy McNulty fits the bill here but I'd also add Clay Davis, Avon Barksdale, and Brother Mouzone

I'll add another category "Underrated Characters": Proposition Joe Stewart, Slim Charles, Leander Sydnor, Ed Norris, Ellis Carver

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
The cops fat supervisor was someone who I hated early on but provided many laughs in later seasons.

all this wire talk makes me wnat to watch it again. I will one day.

If you like the Wire you may like Treme as it has the same writers and many of the same actors.

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Lots of actors from the wire went on the better things. Irdis Elba, Dominic West, Micheal K Williams in Boardwalk Empire, Aiden Gillan in Game of Thrones, Clarke Peters in Treme, Amy Ryan was pretty funny on The Office. Lance Reddik had roles in LOST and Fringe.

Shows you what I know. I withdraw my previous comment. :) I work two jobs and commute 3 hours a day, so I don't watch much TV. I've never seen any of those shows except for LOST, and I only watched three seasons of that.
"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNortheast Texas

It's funny that this topic was created while I'm in the middle of re-watching the show (currently in season 4), but anyways I thought of more characters

Character you loved to hate? Norman Wilson, Herc Hauk, Stan Valcheck, most of Marlo's crew but Snoop and Chris Partlow were the most fierce obviously. Also Maury Levy is a great 'love to hate' character as is Cheese Wagstaff.

Charcter you hated to love? Of course Jimmy McNulty fits the bill here but I'd also add Clay Davis, Avon Barksdale, and Brother Mouzone

I'll add another category "Underrated Characters": Proposition Joe Stewart, Slim Charles, Leander Sydnor, Ed Norris, Ellis Carver

Great category. Sydnor was totally underrated and underused. I was surprised at where they had him going at the end, though. I loved Slim Charles, too... such an understated but powerful character. Also overlooked/underrated was Omar's third BF, Reynaldo. For some reason, I loved him. Maybe it was the reggaeton. ;-)

God...Valchek. I could barely even stand to look at that guy. For me, Herc was more comic relief, except for what happened to Randy because of him. He and Carver were like Beavis and Butthead until Bunny made Carver straighten up and fly right.

I actually hated to love Stringer Bell and Norman Wilson. Norman was creepy as hell, but had some of the best lines of the series.

Chris Partlow.... *shudder* He still gives me nightmares. Much more terrifying than Marlo, IMO.
"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!