Super Smash Bros. 4

- - - - - Super Smash Bros.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

Damn it, Nintendo. Where the hell is Captain Falcon, King. K and my man Snake (I doubt he will be in it anyway)?! C'mon, get your acts together. This game has my worried slightly and I hope it delivers to its full potential. 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
inb4 yoshi
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Phoenix Wright might be in the new Smash Bros

Ace Attorney got a hub on the Nintendo site. It's the first non-Nintendo published franchise to get a hub on the site. The tagline they gave him? "Phoenix doesn't win cases. He smashes them"

I'm probably reading too far into this

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members

Phoenix Wright might be in the new Smash Bros

Ace Attorney got a hub on the Nintendo site. It's the first non-Nintendo published franchise to get a hub on the site. The tagline they gave him? "Phoenix doesn't win cases. He smashes them"

I'm probably reading too far into this

lol i saw someone post about this elsewhere too. It's genius. Phoenix Wright confirmed

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Phoenix Wright confirmed

Pretty much. Let's hope.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

An assist trophy/item is confirmed! Doesn't sound like great news until you see what it is

Spoiler

Sakurai mentioned specifically not to attack it. I'm pretty sure most of us can guess why...(you can also use it to glide)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members

i don't get to come around the forums much anymore, but i figured i'd stop by and post this.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Smash Bros specific Nintendo Direct just announced for April 8. Get hyped. I'm hoping for some awesome stuff from this

edit: Sakurai's pic of the day comment: 

Spoiler

hnnnngggggggggggg

An assist trophy/item is confirmed! Doesn't sound like great news until you see what it is

Spoiler

Sakurai mentioned specifically not to attack it. I'm pretty sure most of us can guess why...(you can also use it to glide)

I can't wait to unleash cucco death storms 

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Spoiler

Oh my god, Isabelle! Nice! 

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Sakurai posted this and also added there were going to be a lot of Legend of Zelda items

Pe08boj.jpg

i don't get to come around the forums much anymore, but i figured i'd stop by and post this.

Aw :( . You're one of my favorite posters

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Lots of great stuff! 

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Good stuff, but I'm not very happy to hear that they cut all the multi-form characters. I don't know if Zelda/Shiek will be as fun segregated, or that making Charizard go solo is a good idea.

I am very glad to hear that the 3DS version will be coming sooner with the full cast, all-unique stages, and online features. All that, on top of 3DS running it at a high framerate (I consider that kind of essential in fighters), makes it an insta-buy for me. What doesn't sound great about a handheld Smash Bros.?

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

A written list of all the news, for those who would prefer to read: http://ie.ign.com/ar...nintendo-direct

"There's no "I" in team" 

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

3DS version is coming out first. Yeah bitcheeeeeessss!!!!

"There's no "I" in team" 

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Palutena is apparently playable in the new Smash Bros game! Hell yeah!

"There's no "I" in team" 

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Palutena was awesome in Uprising, so I'm glad she's in. She's such a troll to Pit, but in the likable and mischevious sort of way.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Palutena was awesome in Uprising, so I'm glad she's in. She's such a troll to Pit, but in the likable and mischevious sort of way.

True, she was my favourite character in Uprising. I loved the banter between her an Pit.

"There's no "I" in team" 

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

New characters for Smash bros. Captain Falcon, Robin (Fire Emblem) and... LUCINA!!!

I'd been saying that I wanted Chrom, but Lucina is 100,000,000 times better! I'm completely sold on this game now. Holy crap, man. Holy crap.

"There's no "I" in team" 

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Fuck yes, I got two of my most wanted characters in one video!!! I've got just about everything I want from this new Smash.

Now just allow me to customize Robin to my liking, please.....

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

"Time to tip the scales"!

Oh yeah, Fire Emblem: Awakening nostalgia! I sucked real hard at that game, but I just loved it so much.

If only they could somehow include Frederick's famous lines.

EDIT: You can also play as female Robin! Oh man oh man.

"There's no "I" in team" 

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

"Time to tip the scales"!

Oh yeah, Fire Emblem: Awakening nostalgia! I sucked real hard at that game, but I just loved it so much.

If only they could somehow include Frederick's famous lines.

EDIT: You can also play as female Robin! Oh man oh man.

"Pick a god and pray!"

Freddy-bear should have been an assist trophy!

And I know it's unlikely, but I really want to be able to customize the female and male Robins. It won't quite be the same for me unless I have my avatar fighting. "Now that's strategy."

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

A Fire Emblem character that isn't a Marth clone? It only took them 13 years.  :P

Robin looks pretty cool. I like that we're getting more mage characters.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

"Pick a god and pray!"

Freddy-bear should have been an assist trophy!

And I know it's unlikely, but I really want to be able to customize the female and male Robins. It won't quite be the same for me unless I have my avatar fighting. "Now that's strategy."

Agreed. My avatar had this slicked back brown hair. He looked pretty badass. He also married Tharja... If only she showed up in this game...

I bet people who married their avatar to Lucina are real happy right now.

"There's no "I" in team" 

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Agreed. My avatar had this slicked back brown hair. He looked pretty badass. He also married Tharja... If only she showed up in this game...

I bet people who married their avatar to Lucina are real happy right now.

Yes, it is great to have my virtual wife in Smash Bros. I'm a little disappointed that she's a clone of Marth, though. At least she wasn't relegated to Final Smash like poor Chrom. Sakurai was god-tier trolling everyone with Chrom's un-reveal.

tumblr_n8q1rnAizQ1talft1o1_250.gif

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

As a huge Paper Mario fan, I'm pretty to see that their incorporating a stage from it. I was disappointed that they picked one from Sticker Star, but apparently it'll transform into other stages from the series like a picture book. It appears to be 3DS only

tKdAqQm.jpg

zLsZnci.jpg

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Which version of the game are you guys getting? I'm going with the 3DS version since I don't have a Wii U, and don't really want one right now.

So excited to play as Robin and Lucina... This is gonna be great. By the way, did you hear that they seem to be including a stage based on Arena Ferox? (From Fire Emblem: Awakening)

"There's no "I" in team" 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!