Super Smash Bros. 4

- - - - - Super Smash Bros.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
So Nintendo announced a new Smash Bros. game for both the Wii U and 3DS at E3 a few weeks back. I've seen Melee and Brawl on a lot of our top ten lists in the "top 10 games" thread (no Smash 64, though), so I know you guys and gals must have some kind of opinion on this game.

Are you excited for it? Are you not? What do you think of the newcomers? Who do you want to see in Smash Bros. 4?

Here's the E3 trailers for those who have been living under a rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5nH1kToa8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw

Kijonco

Kijonco

Infected

• Members
Why in gods name is the wii fit trainer a playable character?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Yeah, I'm excited! This and a new Zelda will justify me buying a Wii U. I've always wanted Megaman but I'm not too excited for Wii Fit Trainer. I know it's supposed to be funny but it's a little out there

People I want on the roster? (Keep in mind that they said they're only doing one character per third party franchise so no Raiden or Knuckles)

Well, we had Sunshine Mario in Brawl so this should have Paper Mario! He'd have a completely different move set with his hammer! The options are limitless! If they want to be really ambitious, he can alternate between partners like Koops and Vivian who each have a single move that can aid him. Goombella could tattle but if you lined up the cursor, it does a little damage. Koops could just hit them with a shell. You'd ride Yoshi. Vivian would burn enemies. You'd probably have to use each one once per life to make it fair, though. Or they can be assist trophies...

Phoenix Wright! Imagine this. You get a message that says all characters unlocked and then...

Okami would be a good one

Ghirahim should be his own character and not an assist trophy. His final smash would be him turning into a sword and then Demise coming down and grabbing him

Luigi with the Luigi's Mansion moveset (like the vacuum cleaner)

A Link that can turn into a wolf

Majora's Mask Young Link! It can be similar to Pokemon Trainer or Sheik. If you hit down b, he puts on a mask and can turn into a Deku, Goron, or Zora.

A Tetris block! Better yet, a tetris stage! Avoid getting crushed by the blocks. Maybe someone with the gamepad can move the blocks!

Little Mac!

Leon Kennedy!

Knuckles Joe!

A Paper Mario stage would also be cool. It could be the actual stage and the audience would throw items to help. And while I'm still on the topic of Paper Mario, a Doopliss character would be cool. He could literally just copy any character during a match as he pleases

That's all I got for now

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Yeah, I'm a real big Smash Bros fan. Hardcore.

Can't fricken wait. That Megaman announcement had me shivering in excitement.

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
I want King K Rool and Banjo Kazzoie to be put into the game, although Banjo is now in Microsoft s hands...bastards...

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Why in gods name is the wii fit trainer a playable character?

Because she's the ultimate "WTF" troll character in the vein of Jiggly Puff, Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. . Nobody would have guessed that she'd be in. Besides, Wii Fit sold millions upon millions of copies. I'd say she's earned her place. Plus, the memes for her and the Villager are hilarious! "First she will burn your calories...then she will burn the rest of your body."

Yeah, I'm excited! This and a new Zelda will justify me buying a Wii U. I've always wanted Megaman but I'm not too excited for Wii Fit Trainer. I know it's supposed to be funny but it's a little out there

People I want on the roster? (Keep in mind that they said they're only doing one character per third party franchise so no Raiden or Knuckles)

Well, we had Sunshine Mario in Brawl so this should have Paper Mario! He'd have a completely different move set with his hammer! The options are limitless! If they want to be really ambitious, he can alternate between partners like Koops and Vivian who each have a single move that can aid him. Goombella could tattle but if you lined up the cursor, it does a little damage. Koops could just hit them with a shell. You'd ride Yoshi. Vivian would burn enemies. You'd probably have to use each one once per life to make it fair, though. Or they can be assist trophies...

Phoenix Wright! Imagine this. You get a message that says all characters unlocked and then...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXmlX_eV88

Okami would be a good one

Ghirahim should be his own character and not an assist trophy. His final smash would be him turning into a sword and then Demise coming down and grabbing him

Luigi with the Luigi's Mansion moveset (like the vacuum cleaner)

A Link that can turn into a wolf

Majora's Mask Young Link! It can be similar to Pokemon Trainer or Sheik. If you hit down b, he puts on a mask and can turn into a Deku, Goron, or Zora.

A Tetris block! Better yet, a tetris stage! Avoid getting crushed by the blocks. Maybe someone with the gamepad can move the blocks!

Little Mac!

Leon Kennedy!

Knuckles Joe!

A Paper Mario stage would also be cool. It could be the actual stage and the audience would throw items to help. And while I'm still on the topic of Paper Mario, a Doopliss character would be cool. He could literally just copy any character during a match as he pleases

That's all I got for now

Paper Mario would be awesome. I know people are thinking "aww, not another Mario clone", but you're right. He's unique and has so much moveset potential. I'd love to see him use his hammer and partners. Oh, and turn into a paper airplane for his recovery move!

Agree to disagree on Ghirahim. I'd rather have Demise than him. He could turn into "The Imprisoned" for his Final Smash. Or hell, Groose with his Groosenator. Okay, now I'm being ridiculous. I honestly think the Zelda series has enough representation. The only newcomers I'd want from Zelda is a Majora's mask Young Link who uses masks, like you say...or Tetra. I'd love to see her slash people up with her pirate sword and use the bow in a more integrated way than regular Zelda.

Little Mac, hell yes. I was surprised when he wasn't in Brawl and was relegated to an Assist Trophy spot.

Leon S. Kennedy, Jill Valentine or Frank West are characters I wanted more than Mega Man as Capcom's representative in Smash. I don't think Capcom will get another rep, unfortunately.

I hope Solid Snake stays in Smash, but I think he might not be.

My wishlist for characters (besides those already mentioned) is something like this:

Chrom, the Avatar and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening. I've got a feeling that Ike will be cut now that his game is no longer current. Awakening is out and is the most popular Fire Emblem game ever. Marth will probably stay because he's from the original Fire Emblem. I hope Chrom gets in as the main sword fighter, sort of a cross between Marth and Ike. Then I hope The Avatar and Lucina share a character spot and work kind of like the Ice Climbers, except you can switch between them. Fire Emblem needs more magic and lance users.

Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. She'd be a unique fighter from an unrepresented Nintendo IP. She uses a Gladius sword and magick. She uses guns in her game, but I don't think Nintendo will go for that in Smash, considering Snake's moveset in Brawl. Still, it would be kick-ass to see her shoot a shotgun at Kirby or Pikachu. Her Final Smash could be summoning one of the Ancients from her game to destroy the other fighters.

Mona from the Wario Ware games. I just think it would be cool to run over people on her scooter, club people with her cheer leading baton, whack people with her guitar and toss pizzas like projectiles.

Mike Jones from StarTropics. He's a cool, obscure character that was in a game called StarTropics that's a lot like original Legend of Zelda. He attacks with a baseball bat and a yo-yo, like Ness, but he has other weapons, too. Like baseballs as projectiles, slingshots and laser guns. Unfortunately, StarTropics was only released in North America, not Japan. So I think that hurts his chances considerably.

Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. I can think of no moveset or Final Smash for him, but he's an awesome character and Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games ever. I want him in the game in some capacity. He was in Brawl as a trophy and a sticker.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
Ah, Smash Bros. the ultimate Nintendo fanfiction game.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Ah, Smash Bros. the ultimate Nintendo fanfiction game.

Yup.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I'm just gonna leave this (greatest commercial of all time) here:

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Well, it certainly is the greatest

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
So Olimar just got confirmed for SSB4. That's...something...

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
Man, Smash Bros. is like my favorite party-fighting series of all time. I've spent too many hours with friends just messing around with it. Hopefully the online mode of this will be less, well, **** this time around.

Oh, and they took out tripping. Huzzah!

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I played Brawl online a little over a year ago and no one even fights anymore. They have "taunt parties." It's really weird.

Mary Mayhem

Mary Mayhem

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
This game is one of the main reasons why I will get a Wii U... I would love to have one right now but can't justify spending the money on it... however, once SSB has a release date... that will change

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

This game is one of the main reasons why I will get a Wii U... I would love to have one right now but can't justify spending the money on it... however, once SSB has a release date... that will change

In all likelyhood there should be a siginificant price drop this holiday season, to help compete with the new consoles coming out. I'm gonna hold off a purchase until the games I want are out. There's a lot of exclusives look forward to. Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, X, Mario Kart, ect. just off the top of my head.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

In all likelyhood there should be a siginificant price drop this holiday season, to help compete with the new consoles coming out. I'm gonna hold off a purchase until the games I want are out. There's a lot of exclusives look forward to. Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, X, Mario Kart, ect. just off the top of my head.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. The only games that I really want that are out right now are ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U. I already have the original Wind Waker, so I don't really care about that, but Mario 3D Worlds, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong and SSB4 all look fantastic.

I'll pick the Wii U up when most of those games come out.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
New trailer

Rosalina and Luma tag team is added. Should be interesting. I guess I got to get a Wii U soon

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
She's like Olimar meets Ice Climbers, but with extra range and flexibility. I like what I'm seeing.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
LOL at Villager from Animal Crossing and Wii Fit Trainer being 2 of the playable characters. Its so WTF that I'm kind of digging it.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Just looked at the official cast list. So far we have:

Returning: Marth, Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Olimar, Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit

Newcomers: Rosalina/Luma, The Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman

The only returning players that I'm surprised about is Olimar and I guess Marth/Pit... Though I'm happy Marth and Pit are included again.

Think any other returning players will be announced? Surprised that Yoshi and Zelda aren't on the list.

Know it's a long shot but would love if Meta Knight, Jigglypuff and Snake were announced.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I think we'll definitely get Nes, Yoshi, and Jigglypuff becasue they've been there since day one. I don't see them not coming back

I don't know about Meta Knight and Snake. I don't like the chances of them being included. I think we'll get a Pokemon from XY announced soon, though

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
Zelda just got confirmed in the daily update. Looks like she has a new attack.

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/

http://imgur.com/a/equAc

You need miiverse to view the captioned version of the picture, but luckily a friend on another forum I frequent has been archiving each one since this started up in June
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
Also, Meta Knight and Jiggz are safe. The man who created and is still making Smash Bros is also the creator of Kirby, so no way MK is out. He was planned to be in since Melee before he got in Brawl so I doubt he's going anywhere. And Jigglypuff is safe as is the rest of the originals.

Snake is really the only character whose fate is still in the air. The only reason he got in Brawl was because the creator of Metal Gear is friends with the creator of Smash, and had been begging him since Melee to put Snake in. He's also 3rd party so they would have to get the rights back to use him. I really want him to be back though, I love Metal Gear

Really, I expect minimal cuts. We all thought Toon Link would be the first to be cut but then he ended up being revealed for this very early on. So if Toon Link is still here then I'm sure the other Brawl newcomers can make it, since they have even less reason to be cut than Toon Link.

The rest of the roster isn't on the site yet since they're doing monthly (re)reveals. It seems like they're just trying to reintroduce us to the cast slowly. Like I think in July, we got Olimar. August was Luigi, September was Peach and Toon Link, October was Sonic, November was Marth and December Rosie and Zelda.

Also, most of the reveals have coincided with releases of games, but not all of them. We got Olimar with Pikmin 3, Toon Link with WW HD, Sonic with Lost World, and Zelda with ALBW. The others were just 'cuz. I think Peach's reveal coincided with the anniversary of her first appearance or something like that. But anyways, we'll probably get Yoshi with Yoshi's New Island

It doesn't look like they're doing hidden characters this time since they revealed Luigi, Toon Link and Marth before release this time, and they're usually hidden characters. I don't think they care about keeping the older characters secret anymore since its the 4th game and we pretty much already know who would be locked and not. They'll probably still be locked in game but I have a feeling we'll have all or most of the older characters revealed before release

Also, Ice Climbers were referenced in an interview earlier in the year when the series director was talking about development so they're all but confirmed too. I wouldn't worry about Yoshi since he got revealed a little late during the pre-Brawl days
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Damn. Buttons is on top of this shit

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Rosalina was the most deserving Mario newcomer aside from Paper Mario. I really didn't like the idea of Bowser Jr., Waluigi or Daisy getting in over actual good characters from other franchises and now that's looking less likely with Rosalina's inclusion. Plus, Rosalina is probably the most interesting and fleshed-out character in Mario canon, aside from RPG-exclusive characters.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!