Pixar Vs. Dreamworks (And Your Favorite Animated Movies)

- - - - - pixar dreamworks movies film animation

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
I think I'm going to say Dreamworks. If you asked me a few years ago, I'd definitely say Pixar but they've been off their game lately and have been releasing a lot of mediocre movies. Also, it's complete BS that Brave won best animated feature just because it had Pixar's name on it. Wreck-It-Ralph should have gotten it.

My favorite animated movie is Shrek 2, by the way.

Other animated movies I love (in no particular order) are Up, Wreck It Ralph, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Monster's Inc. Probably more

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
That's a hard one to decide, simply because Dreamworks have released twice as many movies in comparison to Pixar. However most of the movies Pixar have released have been awesome, for example Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Wall E, UP, Cars and The Incredibles. And I liked the Shrek movies, but not so much that I would choose them over Toy Story..no way, so I think I'm with Pixar on this one.

As for my favourite animated movies: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Chicken Run, Jungle Book, Lion King, Ice Age, The Land Before Time.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Forgot about the Incredibles. Add that to mine

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
I don't really have a preference. I think both companies produce great animated films for the most part, but if I had to choose, I guess Pixar would have a slight edge for me.

My favorite animated films: Up, Spirited Away, Lion King, Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story trilogy, Monster's Inc., and How to Train Your Dragon, which is probably one of my favorite films of all time.

3VHWYjA.gif

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
+1 for Spirited Away

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Dear glob, how did I forget about Nightmare before Christmas? That's one of my all time favourites.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Emperor's New Groove. Nemo, Toy Stories, Incredibles, Wall-E, Monsters Inc., Shreks, Ice Ages, All the Disney Classics.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
1: Wall-E , 2: Incredibles , 3: Nightmare before Christmas , 4: Spirited Away , 5: Up , 6: Finding Nemo , 7: Megamind , 8: Shrek , 9: Antz , 10: Monsters Inc.

I give the edge to Pixar on this one.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Duke and Ans you have further won my respect (as I like you both already but more so after now) Nightmare before Christmas is my all time favorite movie ever , I used to have it on VHS when I was little and watch it All the time I remember rewinding the tape to watch it lol.

And spirited away I first saw when I was in third grade and went over to an exchange students house , we became great friends and I taught him some of the English while in school , his name was Takamasa and his mom put on spirited away. Both movies give me fond memories so thank you both for that lol

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
I'm going to bail on the Pixar vs. Dreamworks question.

However, I am going to throw out a different favorite animated movie for consideration: Wizards, by Ralph Bakshi. If you haven't seen it, you should. Some amazingly quotable lines in the movie.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!