Movies/shows You Hate That Everyone Else Loves And Vice Versa?

- - - - - movies shows hate like opinion

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Simple question. Can I just ask that people be a bit more original than saying Twilight or if this involved games, saying Call of Duty? I'm talking about movies and shows that receive almost universal praise from audiences or critics and you never liked. Also, movies and shows that get bashed by everyone but you like.

Hate That Everyone Loves (this is top of my head. I'll try to think of more later):

Movies-Avatar

Shows-I won't beat a dead horse and I'll say Big Bang Theory

Loves that Everyone Hates (this doesn't have to necessarily mean love, but just things that you enjoy that everyone hates):

Movies-Spiderman 3

Shows-Simpsons(I know everyone praises the old seasons but everyone bashes the new ones and I still find some enjoyment out of them). Also, the 4th Season of Arrested Development

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Ooh controversial topic , I like it .

I hate South Park with a passion. I know , I know . Shoot me .

I was never an avid watcher of true blood but that show has gone to absolute shit .

I hate pawn stars as well .

As far as movies go I'm not sure ill think of something soon :P

Edit: and can we add singers too? Haha I know saying I hate Justin bieber is unoriginal but I have reasons and they aren't stupid ones involving his hair or how preteen girls love him.

He is so beyond overhyped , has no range at all. Can't belt any notes , can only use his baby voice and dance around the stage .

And usher is horrible too, I've had many lady friends say how hot he is, and honestly if he was attractive I'd admit it , but I think he's pretty repulsive :P and he can't sing as well.

Lana del ray produces decent indie music but she is overhyped as well and very hit or miss. Some of her live performances are just painful. She's very stiff in most of them and sounds as if she's in pain

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
Mad Men - I find this show so unbelievably boring.

Dexter - my friend keeps trying to get me into this show, but I just can't and I don't know why. The subject matter is interesting, the show just hasn't caught me. I'll try to at least watch the first season and give it a proper chance, but meh, don't see it happening.

Girls - I did enjoy a few episodes of the first season, but I cannot for the life of me understand why everyone showers Lena Dunham + the writers with so much praise for it. Because she's not traditionally beautiful and decides to get naked on TV? Cool, good for her, but I still don't see it as revolutionary in the slightest. The characters are whiney, spoiled and unsympathetic.

Never been a fan of Peter Jackson's LoTR trilogy.

I agree with JesusMonroe on Avatar (so terrible), as well as the 4th season of Arrested Development. The cast + creators made it clear on multiple occasions that the 4th season would be way different than the previous seasons, so I don't really understand why people were so surprised. Granted it wasn't as good as the first three seasons, but I still really enjoy the episodes.

I'm sure there are tons more I'm forgetting, so I'll add more when I think of them.

3VHWYjA.gif

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Hates what everyone loves:

Movies: Iron Man 3 everyone i know that has seen it liked it , i on the other hand thought it was terrible and a rape of a great original Iron Man story Extremis with giant plot holes.

Shows: Family Guy , it was funny for about a day get over it people. Game of Thrones ( i know shoot me but i am just not a fantasy fan the names alone turn me off) The Walking Dead , i just cant find anything i enjoy about the show anymore it makes me sad.

VideoGame: Assassins Creed Series just could never get into to it.

Loves that Everyone Hates:

Movies: The original Punisher movie staring Dolph Lundgren , Punisher War Zone staring Ray Stevenson , Blade 3 so cheesy you gotta laugh , The Revenant great "zombie" movie nobody seems to have seen.

VideoGame: Prototype series people hated it i loved it.

Shows: The Walking Dead , I love it even though i hate it i am so confused.... Aqua Teen Hunger Force , everyone i know hates this show for some reason i think its genius. PGA Tour Golf i have no reason why i love to watch this on the weekends.

Music: i think i am the only one that loves me some Kenny G and Zamfir master of the pan flute those guys rock.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Just the movies/shows...

Shows that people hate that I love:

True Blood - People say it's all about sex just because it's one of the few genre shows that has sex in it - people continue to bash it the way people bashed Game of Thrones for that short time (wasn't nearly as bad as the hate for TB).

Shows that people love that I hate:

Game of Thrones - Don't get me wrong, I've watched it but the fact that it took me about 150 people to make me watch it makes me hate the show at some capacity :P

The Vampire Diaries - "Vampire Diaries is more mature, True Blood is just sex!"

Movies that people hate that I love:

Iron Man 3 - People will continue to bash it just because of that one twist - yes the film has other flaws, but I can bet that people wouldn't even bother to point them out if they weren't so outraged over the twist.

Movies that people love that I hate:

Avatar - I don't care if it's James Cameron or the first 3D film.

The Dark Knight - Great movie but overrated because of Heath Ledger - people may disagree with me and yeah, Heath Ledger was amazing but his death just created over-hype for the film and as I said, still overrated in my opinion.

Harry Potter Franchise - Please.

World War Z - Just saw it, Brad Pitt just bought the rights to the adaption of the book so he could steal it's name. Nothing more.

Man of Steel - Great film but the fact that it's a reboot bothers me knowing that Superman was brought back to compete with the other companies (just like The Amazing Spiderman last year)... Not only that but I've read/listened to a bunch of interviews from Zack Snyder and man his ego is terrible. He just bashes every other superhero (film) that exists.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Underrated:

Movies: The Cable Guy, Funny Games, Inland Empire, Wolf Creek

Shows: Rubicon, Men of a Certain Age, Pushing Daisies, Life

Overrated:

Movies: Avatar, Titanic, Forrest Gump, the Nolan Batman trilogy (style-over-substance)

Shows: Family Guy, South Park, Big Bang Theory, pretty much anything Joss Wheadon related (sorry :unsure: ).

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama
Hate that everybody loves:

Movies,: Out of Africa and nearly all movies like it. Understand that hate is too strong a word but there is a strong lack of fondness. I am not a big fan of many chick flicks..

TV, Any of the so called adult cartoon shows except South Park just a little. Don't get me wrong I laugh when I am forced to watch them but I don't care to put them on my dvr schedule. I also don't care for any of the big network situation comedies.I dislike all the Big Brother type reality shows.

Love that others hate:

Movies, Equilibrium comes to mind. I think I am in a minority by liking it but it does have a following. I also like some remakes which some feel compelled to hate.on general principle. I like a lot of movies that have a lot of haters but they probably have more people that like them. I enjoy watching the Twilight series of movies that many feel it is cool to hate

TV, The series Lexx which ran for about 3 years and others, like Space, Above and Beyond, and Firefly that were canceled after 1 year. I know these shows had their fan following but their cancellation puts them in a hated category, I guess
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
Hate that everybody loves:
2 and a half men
why do people like this show (old seasons with charlie sheen not the new ones) I hate it, every episode is the same thing
Alan: my life is miserable
Charlie: I have a girl upstairs and I don't know her name
it's the same thing all over again every episode

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Oooh. This is interesting. StickofFury, I hate Pawn Stars as well along with any of those other related shows. I'm also not a big Mythbusters fan. Sure, it was interesting at first but they ran out of cool myths ("Do plants have feelings?" What?)

Dukesilver, I've never seen Mad Men but I found the Wire unbelievably boring when I saw the first season. I'll give it another chance because there has to be a reason that it's called the greatest show ever but it didn't impress me. As for Dexter, it's one of my favorite shows. It took me a few episodes to get into it, though. It didn't hook me immediately. If you watch the first season and don't like it, it's not your cup of tea. I hate it when people say they hate the 4th Season and have no respect to the creators and actors. Yes, the season has problems and you're allowed to not like it but do you know how much effort the writers and actors put into it to get everyone together, film scenes, get people like Tony Hale to fly across the country?

PorkTornado, I was going to mention the Walking Dead in my hate section but I decided not to. That's why I said "I won't beat a dead horse."

Boone, I completely disagree with you about the Dark Knight since it's one of my favorite movies but the Harry Potter franchise is one I completely, 100% agree with. I don't know why I forgot to mention that on mine. Also, I've never seen Iron Man 3 but I know the twist and it kind of sounds like the comic fans have a right to be mad. I guess the comic fans will hate it and the normal fans will like it. As for Man of Steel, I liked it but in terms of action they needed to know when enough is enough

Matt, I've never seen anyone who's seen Pushing Daisies! That's a great show but it got really stupid at times. I remember in one episode it was revealed that the pig pushed the woman off the bell tower Agree with Titanic but completely disagree with Forrest Gump and as previously mentioned, the Nolan Batman Trilogy.

Edit: Lukey, I completely agree with that. I have a strong distaste for anything with a laugh track (or studio audience that's told when to laugh) actually with a few exceptions of course (Drake and Josh, Cheers, a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother).

Edit2: All this GoT hate is making me nervous considering I just started watching it after hearing how good it is. Oh boy

I think if I wanted to add something else to my love but everybody hates, it would be Monk. It's my favorite show and while people don't necessarily hate it, it seems like nobody's seen it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Well the shows that bring in numbers I hate are, The Voice, so you think you can dance , sing, whatever..
Two and a half men, Greys Anatomy, Dexter after season 5, there are more but I think those are the big ones, I also dislike that Ty Pennington (?) show whee he builds massive dream homes for needy families, I'm all for helping needy families but maybe dont make such an extravagant home and give the family cash to go towards the up keep of the home. I feel like he makes this enormous house then its bye....how does the family pay the bills after ????

Movies Twilight, most Tom Cruise flicks, most Julia Roberts flicks (Snow White???)

TV shows I like, I wouldn't say they are disliliked they have smaller viewership maybe Supernatural, Firefly, Vampire Diaries, Documentaries on history, nature, real live villains

The one movie I love is Grease 2 I hate Grease 1. Grease 2 is without doubt a piece of trash but I love it, watch it once in a while and yes sing along, I bet no one loves a shittier movie than that! :wub: (love is in the eye, ear etc of the beholder)

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Season 6 of Dexter is horrible but Season 7 is good

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
I thought Man of Steel was quite bad.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I thought Man of Steel was quite bad.

agreed

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Ah Matt pointed out wolf creek is underrated , indeed it is very very underrated , excellent movie

Oh and to add to the overrated

Jennifer Aniston , she can only do romantic comedy (has she done literally any other thing besides leprachaun) and she might have a nice body but she isn't that cute and her voice is annoying .

Seth Rogen is beyond overrated and not funny . Same as Jen all he can do is play the immature stoner douchebag guy . Maybe it's because that's how he is in real life , lol

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
Talking of actors/actresses, I think Jonah Hill is really annoying.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
talking of actors, Edward Norton is amazing, who watched American History X, amazing movie, simply amazing

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Movie hates... 40 Year Old Virgin... I sat in the theater at the opening credits and sat there... watching... everyone else around me was laughing their asses off and I sat there waiting for my own funny-bone to be tickled... nothing... almost 1/2 way through the movie (where the girl threw up in his lap)... I walked out. Haven't regretted it since.
Serenity... having never watched the tv show I didn't get this movie at all.
Actor/Actresses hates... Steve Carell and Will Farrell ... sorry, but they're just NOT funny.

Likes... can't think of any off hand, I'll edit later.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
The Big Bang Theory is probably my least favorite ACTUAL show on TV (by actual, I mean not 16 and Pregnant and the Kardashians). I don't like the Walking Dead but I can see why others do. TBBT is such a steaming pile of crap. It has no redeemable qualities.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
what would i do if i didn't have a laugh track to tell me when to laugh......

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Movies/TV shows I hate:

The Avengers
Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
Saw

Dr Who - It's hard to justify why I hate it, I just do.
Downtown Abbey - I just don't see the appeal to it whatsoever, boring as hell.
Breaking Bad - I don't necessarily hate Breaking Bad, I can just never get into it, despite watching various episodes.

Movies/TV shows I love:

Death Sentence
Munich
Scott Pilgrim

I don't watch much TV apart from:

The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Dexter

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
For Breaking Bad, don't skip around with it. Just watch it from the beginning. If you don't like it, I guess it's just not your cup of tea, and that makes me sad. I've never met anyone who hasn't liked it before but to each their own I guess :/

SingingASong

SingingASong

Infected

• Members
How do you like the Walking Dead but not Breaking Bad??!?!!?!?!?!?!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
This was just too perfect. I love the top comments on this, too

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

How do you like the Walking Dead but not Breaking Bad??!?!!?!?!?!?!

.....because taste is subjective?

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Oh Ans I can see now I wont be invited to your wedding. I LOVE Downton Abbey and many, many,many Masterpiece Theatre, Loved I Claudius!!!!
Maggie Smith is hilarious in Downton Abbey. Ahh well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!