8. GTA: Vice City
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
10. Manhunt

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Do a top 20 if you want, Duffy.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I'm really surprised people put TWD in there top 10, I mean it was a great game but at of all the games out there, come on now 8)

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

Do a top 20 if you want, Duffy.

I shall once I get out of this hell hold! You should do one to

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I'm really surprised people put TWD in there top 10, I mean it was a great game but at of all the games out there, come on now 8)

your posting on a Walking Dead forum yet you find it odd people pick The Walking Dead ?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
The Walking Dead would've been on mine if the choices had more impact and if episode 5 was better

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Well what WD are we talking about? I still haven't played Survival Instinct, but Telltale's was awesome.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
We're talking about Telltale's. I don't think top 10 games and survival instinct will ever be in the same sentence

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

We're talking about Telltale's. I don't think top 10 games and survival instinct will ever be in the same sentence

Indeed.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Yeah, maybe I was biased because I'm such a big fan of the Walking Dead franchise, but I thought Telltale's game was incredible. I played through it several times, and I only do that with my favorites. Also I grew up as a huge fan of those old point and click adventure games and I'm a big TWD geek, so it was a winning combination for me.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I remember last summer I was coming home from the airport and I knew episode 2 had been released while I was gone. I got home, downloaded it. And played it. That episode was my favorite. Episode 1 piqued my interest but episode 2 showed what an apocalypse truly is. When Larry died, I screamed so loud that I woke my family up. The choice to steal food from the car had me sitting there for ten minutes trying to decide.

Episode three had a lot of deaths and I got close to crying. I was truly invested in it at this point.

With episode four, at this point I figured that the choices didn't matter much but I thought episode 5 might change depending on who left with you at the end. I was into this episode and when Lee got bitten, my jaw hit the floor and I got chills.

With episode 5, I remember playing it and thinking, "That's it?" It kind of left a sour taste in my mouth

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'll give everyone a moment to put the Last of Us on their list haha

10. Super Mario Galaxy
9. Sly Series
8. Shadow of the Colossus
7. Heavy Rain
6. God of War 3
5. Ace Attorney Series
4. The Last of Us
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Every 3D Legend of Zelda

KittenMittons

KittenMittons

S-mart Employee

• Members
10. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Borderlands 2
8. Binding of Isaac
7. Super Smash Bros Melee (Melee > Brawl IMO)
6. The Last of Us
5. GTA IV
4. Far Cry 3
3. Halo 3
2. Minecraft
1. The Walking Dead
Join the R&L GTA Crew! http://socialclub.ro...ers_and_lurke

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Is The Last of Us really that great? I kind of stopped playing Naughty Dog games after the first Uncharted. I thought it was kind of mediocre. It tried to be half action game and half platformer and neither aspect of it was very compelling to me (which is weird, because Crash Bandicoot games -- the ones made by Naughty Dog, at least -- are great platformers).

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
It's really good. And there isn't a platformer aspect to it anyway. It's difficult, but fair. It's perfect survival horror. I'd also recommend playing the Uncharted sequels because I never liked the first that much but I loved the second and third

Swingin Negan

Swingin Negan

Infected

• Members
  • LocationGlory Hole Theme Park.
1. Paper Mario

2. GTA Vice City

3. Comix Zone

4. Red Dead Redemption

5. Bioshock

6. Fallout: new Vegas

7. Legacy of Kain: Defiance

8. Psi Ops

9. Left 4 Dead 2

10. Sims 2
The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I have not gotten into video games that recently so my choices will be ones from when I was younger and a few that have caught my eye a year or two ago.

1. Red dead redemption
2. Left for dead
3. Blood omen 2 (ps2)
4. Theif deadly shadows (old Xbox)
5. Resident evil 4
6 . Super Mario brothers 3 (gameboy)
7. Mario party 4 or 5 well maybe both.
8. State of Decay (most recent game I've pljayed that's been passable)
9. Halo ( a recent one I believe , not the story part I didn't play that , but infection mode)
10. Call of Duty waw , (once again online multiplayer mode , not the campaign because I don't play those)

Honorable mentions goes to Animal crossing for GameCube , and Evil Dead fistful of boomstick

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

1. Paper Mario

2. GTA Vice City

3. Comix Zone

4. Red Dead Redemption

5. Bioshock

6. Fallout: new Vegas

7. Legacy of Kain: Defiance

8. Psi Ops

9. Left 4 Dead 2

10. Sims 2

Which Paper Mario?

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

It's really good. And there isn't a platformer aspect to it anyway. It's difficult, but fair. It's perfect survival horror. I'd also recommend playing the Uncharted sequels because I never liked the first that much but I loved the second and third

Sounds good. I love survival horror and I've been hearing nothing but good things about The Last of Us. I'll give it a rent and see how I like it.

Which Paper Mario?

I assume he means the original Paper Mario on the N64.

SingingASong

SingingASong

Infected

• Members

4. Far Cry 3
3. Halo 3
2. Minecraft

Halo and Minecraft? Very overrated.
And Far Cry is good but not worthy of being one of the best. You should play more games. You're missing out

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
10. TC's Ghost Recon Future Soldier both SP and MP
9. Gran Turismo series
8. inFAMOUS - still playing through the inFAMOUS 2
7. GTA San Andreas
6. Far Cry 3
5. Ico - still playing Shadow of Colossus
4. Mafia
3. Heavy Rain
2. God of War 1, 2, 3
1. The Last of Us

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members
10.) Oblivion

Lets get this stated right off the bat. I'm a sucker for RPGs. Oblivion I logged 100+ hours on my character, I just had to raise my alchemy to make more potions I would never use. It was like crack. And no, Skyrim is not above Oblvion on the .list. I got bored of Skyrim a lot faster.

9.) Red Dead Redemption
Uhm... So, the people who made GTA created a same style game only with a western theme? The game speaks for itself. I mean, John Marston is a bad ass. All there is to it.

8.) Halo 3
Alright, we can say the Halo games are overrated. And I agree with you, besides one small aspect. The multiplayer. Argue that Reach or Halo 4 are better, but Halo 3 was core Halo. I guess it helped the K/D didn't matter and I was ridiculously good at it. Not tooting my own horn. Well... a little bit.

7.) Paper Mario
Now as I said, I'm a sucker for RPGs. Mario is cool too and has grown with me through childhood. So, any RPG with him is going to appeal to me. Remember Super Mario and the Legend of the Seven Stars? That game blew my mind. And this game bettered that! Even with the silly paper theme. What's with Nintendo? Yarn Kirby too?

6.) Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
I'm saying what game is my personal favorites. Although I loved the game when I was younger, I love game more than it now. I'm sorry Ocarina of time. Your ship as sailed. At least you're still #6!

5.) Fallout 3
This game really flew under the radar for me, for quite awhile. I would usually be all over this, but my brother informed me of a game with Oblivion mechanics but more in the real world after the apocalypse. I played the game, and I must say... I liked it more than Oblivion. Probably the realism. I'm a sucker for something that could actually happen opposed to a dragon biting my face off.

4.) World of Warcraft
Call it what you will! This game has logged many hours of fun for me in my high school years and bit beyond. It's sort of like a drug, you quit for awhile and then.. unfortunately. You go back. Realize how a crisp apple has gone rotten. And quit again. Still, the game deserves a spot for what it was!

3.) Suikoden
108... 108 People to recruit across a giant land. Some can make elevators for your giant castle? The more people you recruit, the bigger your castles get? And the more people you can get during army fights? That's right. Army fights. They're kinda silly looking, but still. Pretty awesome. There's even a guy willing to make a hot tub for you, not to mention crazy warriors like a guy who wears a lion head skin. Hardcore.

2.) Mass Effect Series
So, I'm not really a Sci-Fi guy. Sure, Star wars is cool. But, this game had a really crazy, original story that I felt as though I was creating. I chose the fate of people during the storyline, I made decisions that made people die. You would travel to plants, learn the lore of the vibrant created world of Mass Effect. It's something I got really into, and although Mass Effect 3 was a bit of a let down. The games were still amazing!

1.) Earthbound
Ever play this? Well if you haven't, you're Ness. You know... that guy from Super Smash Bros. And you have to go save the world from an evil entity named Giyagis who is being helped by your former next door neighbor Pokey. Buzz Buzz a Bee from the future tells you the Giyagis is going to take over the world so you have to go collect sounds in a stone equipped with Baseball Bats, Yo Yos, Bottle Rockets, and three other friends Paula, Jeff and Poo. The adventure is vast and the game takes a long time to complete. Still, its challenging, funny, and a great game. My personal favorite.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Have you played Thousand Year Door, Gingerbeard? Or were you referring to the franchise at number 7?

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members

Have you played Thousand Year Door, Gingerbeard? Or were you referring to the franchise at number 7?

I did and I was referring to Paper Mario and Thousand Year Old Door. Not that silly stuff on the Wii.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I did and I was referring to Paper Mario and Thousand Year Old Door. Not that silly stuff on the Wii.

There's one on the N64 that some people consider the best. That's what I was confused with.

Thousand Year Door, though...that's such a flawless game

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!