7. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Heavy Rain
5. God of War 3
4. Ace Attorney Series
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Every 3D Legend of Zelda

I'd love to hear all of yours.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
This is probably the toughest top ten list I've ever made. Actually, I just realized that it's physically impossible for me to do a top ten list of my favorite video games. I love all of my favorite games almost equally. Will you settle for a top eleven list? I tried to pick one game per franchise because if I didn't, my list would be almost nothing but Mario and Zelda games.

11. Dead Rising
10. Hotel Dusk: Room 215
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
8. Grand Theft Auto IV (with Episodes From Liberty City DLC)
7. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
6. Resident Evil (Game Cube Remake)
5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
3. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

As a bonus, here's my top ten video game franchises list:

10. Pokemon
9. Total War
8. Max Payne
7. Resident Evil
6. Super Smash Bros.
5. Mario (RPGs)
4. Grand Theft Auto
3. Metal Gear
2. Mario (platforming)
1. The Legend of Zelda

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
why would you go from 10 to 1?? I'll get back when I play through The Last of Us, I can easily see it on top of my list, or bottom, I'm confused now...

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I won't speak for Jesus, but for me it's because number one is supposed to be the exclamation point to a top ten list. On these lists, people always want read number one last. When I read a top ten list that starts with number one, I always think "okay, I know the number one pick now, why do I care about number two-through-ten?" The number ten spot just isn't as important, so it makes no sense to end a list there.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
In no particular order aside from Socom topping it all.

1: Socom U.S. Navy Seals (1,2,3, and Combined Assault) * I count them together since I only ever played the online portions with my clan.*
2: Metal Gear Solid 3
3: Sonic the Hedgehog 3
4: Uncharted 2 (Loved single player and online)
5: GTA: San Andreas
6: Killzone 2 (Loved the online)
7: Battlefield 3 (Online)
8: Tekken 3
9: NBA JAM ON FIRE EDITION
10: Batman Arkham Asylum (Edged out Infamous 1 in a tough decision)

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I need to mull this over and narrow it down....

And I agree, a top ten list usually starts with number 10 and counts down to 1.

KittenMittons

KittenMittons

S-mart Employee

• Members
Keep in mind that I may have forgotten a few. Also, I could only think of 9.

9. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Borderlands 2
7. Binding of Isaac
6. Super Smash Bros Melee (Melee > Brawl IMO)
5. GTA IV
4. Far Cry 3
3. Halo 3
2. Minecraft
1. The Walking Dead
Join the R&L GTA Crew! http://socialclub.ro...ers_and_lurke

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Since I kind of cheated and put franchises on my list (I didn't want half of the list to be Zelda), I think Sly 2>Sly3>Sly 4>Sly 1 and for Ace Attorney I think AAI>AA3>AA>AA2>AA4 and for Zelda I think Wind Waker would have to be my favorite of the 3D ones followed by Twilight Princess and then Ocarina and then Majora and then Skyward (I still like Skyward better than 2-10)

I'm glad to see Paper Mario on your list, RickRhymes. I've never played MGS before and I don't really like Mario Galaxy 2 that much. With MG 1, I got all 242 stars and loved every minute of it. With MG 2, I got bored and played the bare minimum. It felt like the same game with the addition of Yoshi and I didn't like the hub world as much and a lot of the levels kind of blended together and didn't set themselves apart from one another. It felt kind of soulless, too.

Surprised to see Arkham Asylum but not City on your list, thelastpaul.

KittenMittons. I was originally going to tie Galaxy on my list with Sunshine but I was thinking that I might not enjoy it that much if it wasn't a Mario game and just Freddy with a Water Pump. I can't know for sure but it's definitely on my favorites for Mario Games. I could play Binding for hours on end so I agree with you there. I think Halo is horribly overrated, though. Never enjoyed it that much. It's just not fun. As for saying Melee is greater than Brawl...I think the debate on which game is better is a battle on this topic that you don't want to see happen. It'll be bloody and people could die. I'll just say I respectfully disagree and Brawl is infinitely better because it has more characters, stages, items, and it's just more fun to play. I've heard people say Melee has better mechanics but it's always felt clunky to me. Plus, something people need to accept about the SSB series is that it's a party game. There's a reason that neither is heavily recognized in the fighting game community. And Brawl with its larger roster and items wins over the part game department

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
God this was hard to narrow down to JUST ten. And I'm still not 100% sure of the order I'm putting them in, but these games are at the top of the list for favorite games I've played in my life. I tried to keep in mind the level of obsession I had while playing them.

10. Mario 3
9. Dragon Age
8. Balder’s Gate 1/2
7. Tie Fighter
6. Diablo 1
5. Zelda: Skyward Sword
4. KOTOR 1/2
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Skyrim
1. Red Dead Redemption

And on a side note, last week I discovered that Bethesda released the first KOTOR as an ipad app, so I paid the ten bucks (!!) and downloaded it. So. Much. Fucking. Fun. It seems a bit retro now seeing it came out ten years ago, but sooo much fun. They did a good job transferring it over to a touch screen. I've never paid this much for an app before, I thought the five bucks was pricey for the Stargate SG-1 Unleashed game I bought.

ETA: As you can see, I cheated a bit on my list, putting both the first game and the sequel to a couple....lol

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'm glad someone else likes Skyward Sword, Steph. And it's fine if you cheated and put sequels on the same spot. Look at my list, haha

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
God I loved Skyward Sword. Almost as much as Ocarina. You'll be happy to know my 7 year old looooooooves the hell out of that game too. She's pretty good at it too. I started her out by doing all the farming for me lol

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Since I kind of cheated and put franchises on my list (I didn't want half of the list to be Zelda), I think Sly 2>Sly3>Sly 4>Sly 1 and for Ace Attorney I think AAI>AA3>AA>AA2>AA4 and for Zelda I think Wind Waker would have to be my favorite of the 3D ones followed by Twilight Princess and then Ocarina and then Majora and then Skyward (I still like Skyward better than 2-10)

I'm glad to see Paper Mario on your list, RickRhymes. I've never played MGS before and I don't really like Mario Galaxy 2 that much. With MG 1, I got all 242 stars and loved every minute of it. With MG 2, I got bored and played the bare minimum. It felt like the same game with the addition of Yoshi and I didn't like the hub world as much and a lot of the levels kind of blended together and didn't set themselves apart from one another. It felt kind of soulless, too.

As for saying Melee is greater than Brawl...I think the debate on which game is better is a battle on this topic that you don't want to see happen. It'll be bloody and people could die. I'll just say I respectfully disagree and Brawl is infinitely better because it has more characters, stages, items, and it's just more fun to play. I've heard people say Melee has better mechanics but it's always felt clunky to me. Plus, something people need to accept about the SSB series is that it's a party game. There's a reason that neither is heavily recognized in the fighting game community. And Brawl with its larger roster and items wins over the part game department

I had to have either Paper Mario 64 or TTYD on that list. Those games are my childhood. And replaying them recently, they're just so well-made and they're also really funny. I like TTYD better than the original Paper Mario because every chapter is really fun and unique.

Metal Gear Solid is great, especially the original on Playstation (or The Twin Snakes on Gamecube[it's a remake that gets a lot of hate, but I like it]) and MGS3. Their story is pretty good, if a little convoluted and crazy at times, and the stealth gameplay is fun. MGS games also have some of the most creative boss battles in video game history.

I probably prefer Mario Galaxy 1, but I like them both a lot. It almost feels like Galaxy 2 is just an expansion pack, but I don't mind that because all of the levels are fun.

I agree with you about Brawl. There's just a lot more to do in that game when compared to Melee. There's more gameplay modes, more customization options, more stages and characters. I do wish that Brawl maybe played a little bit faster and wasn't as floaty, but at the end of the day, you're right that it's a party game. It's supposed to be fun, and it is. Melee and SSB64 are still legendary, though.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

why would you go from 10 to 1?? I'll get back when I play through The Last of Us, I can easily see it on top of my list, or bottom, I'm confused now...

I'm with you. This list would be hard because I may forget about games I loved in the past. So many new games come out that are great.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
10.Pokemon Red Version
9. Final Fantasy 7
8. LoZ: Majora's Mask
7. GTA: Vice City
6. Final Fantasy 8
5. Starcraft
4. Runescape
3.Conquors Bad Fur Day
2.LoZ: Orcarnia of Time
1.(From what I can tell) The Last of Us

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
10. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
9. Red Dead Redemption
8. FarCry 3
7. Forza Motorsport 4
6. Batman Arkham City
5.Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
4. Skyrim
3. GTA 4 (soon to be 5)
2. Counter Strike 1.6
1.Dead Rising 2 Off The Record

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

10.Pokemon Red Version
9. Final Fantasy 7
8. LoZ: Majora's Mask
7. GTA: Vice City
6. Final Fantasy 8
5. Starcraft
4. Runescape
3.Conquors Bad Fur Day
2.LoZ: Orcarnia of Time
1.(From what I can tell) The Last of Us

nvm my number 1 is kingdom hearts 1 & 2 and now possibly 3)

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
DD I love how you put a game that's not even out yet as your number one.

I forgot about Kingdom Hearts on my list, but I played the hell out of those games. So excited for the third one coming out next year.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Oof. This is a tough one.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Mega Man 2
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Mega Man 3
6. Goldeneye: 007
7. Super Mario Bro. 3
8. Diablo 2
9. Star Craft 2
10. Sonic the Hedgehog 3

ElGhosteh

ElGhosteh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas
In no particular order, because fuck order.

1. Half-Life 2
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. Super Smash Bros Melee
4. Elder Scrolls Oblivion
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves
7. Halo 2
8. Portal
9. Batman Arkham Asylum
10. Tony Hawk American Wasteland

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
1) Donkey Kong 64
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Timesplitters 2
4) Uncharted 2
5) Star Wars Battlefront
6) Super Smash Bros Melee
7) Batman Arkham City
8) Pokemon Crystal
9) Infamous
10) Banjo Kazzoie

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
Okay, I thought about this for a long time and here they are in whatever order...like seriously, I just randomly put numbers by them and stuff. Portal really is my number one though.

8) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7) The Walking Dead (Telltale)
4) Left 4 Dead 1/2
9) Half Life 2
5) Red Dead Redemption
10) Bioshock
3) Super Mario Bros 3
2) The Last of Us (Yep, it was really that good)
6) Silent Hill 2
1) Portal, both of em.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
No particular order:

Civilization 4

Fallout

Fallout 2

Xcom

Harpoon

Ultima Online

BattleZone (coin-op)

Ultima 3 (Exodus).

(I feel old...).

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I remember Ultima Online. A friend in HS made me a mod on her shard for a while. I never really got into it though and stopped playing.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Top 10 games? Is this some sort of sick joke? After the release of The Last of Us and upcoming games like Watch Dogs and The Division my mind would explode in having to decide what would be my top 10...I just can't. :(

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Top 20 would prob be better

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!