Other Ways For The Governor To Have Died?

- - - - - governor woodbury prison comics

ZykeLeight

ZykeLeight

Infected

• Members
Was I the only one who wasn't crazy about how the Governor died? It wasn't anything that really bugged me or anything I just think it could have been better, some random woman whom we've never met shooting the Governor in the back of the head seemed like a really abrupt way to kill him off. If i'm missing something please tell me, but what do you think would have been a more satisfying death for the Governor?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
there is no better death then what we where given it was perfect.
His own people turning on him and throwing him to the walkers = classic awesomeness.

What is with all these "what if " post recently ?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

hathawa

hathawa

Infected

• Members
It was well done. It was appropriate because it was the realization that to the Woodbury people that the Governor was a monster. They we led there thinking the people in the prison were savages. when they saw their leader killing innocent people they realized it was a lie all along and the Governor was an evil savage not Rick

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
It wasn't the predictable or the suspected "Rick is going to kill The governor".
His own group turning on him because of their own realization.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

slouvahkey

slouvahkey

Infected

• Members
Yeah, it was a pretty damn good ending honestly. Much more believable that it wasn't Rick achieving justice or any finalization whatsoever. (Rick still has no idea that the governor is dead.) Just think they could have left him alive trapped with the rest out of ammo, I liked the way it was done a lot better.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I was pretty satisfied with it. Yeah, it was sudden, but that made it more shocking. It was more realistic that way, though, as compared to a big theatrical ending where Rick blows him away with a rocket launcher or something.

It would have been interesting if the Governor hadn't died, and was still 'out there' somewhere as a constant threat, but with as far as Rick's travelled since then, it'd be extremely unlikely to run across him again. I still prefer it the way it is, with Lilly blasting him away from behind. His death was still brutal and well-deserved, even if it wasn't a main character pulling the trigger. You can also argue that Michonne's mutilation of his body was a worse punishment than his death, so all in all, he got what was coming to him.

OP, you should read Rise of the Governor if you thought the Governor went too soon and you want to explore the character a little further.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
edit: repost, sorry

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

there is no better death then what we where given it was perfect.
His own people turning on him and throwing him to the walkers = classic awesomeness.

What is with all these "what if " post recently ?

We're waiting for issue 111 and there's only so much you can talk about. I'm addicted to this site

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
The way it happened was perfect. Someone said this on another topic but Rick doesn't know the Governor's dead. The man who killed his wife is child is alive for all he knows. He never got any closure. It's moments like these that make Rick the character who he is today

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
Maybe instead of the quick shot to the head, Lilly could have riled all of the other Woodbury soldiers to turn on and attack The Governor by dragging him into the group of walkers. That way he would have to suffer through getting eaten alive and die a more slow and painful death than what he got. Anyway, I'm fine with the way the bastard died.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I too agree with TG got a perfect ending being killed by Lily. Negan on the otherhand, I want to know how that will go down.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

We're waiting for issue 111 and there's only so much you can talk about. I'm addicted to this site

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Hahahaha thank you for that. I'm at work and let's just say the day is quite stale.^^

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Hahahaha thank you for that. I'm at work and let's just say the day is quite stale.^^

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Lol that's probably the creepiest thing I've seen today.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Well tonight's nightmare will feature a creepy llama.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
If the Governor died any other way it would have been pretty cheesy and over the top.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Irrelevant but I love your username and profile pic, FunkeTime

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
Your pictures pretty awesome as well JesusMonroe! I could watch Arrested Development all day long, which is what I did last week when season 4 released.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Your pictures pretty awesome as well JesusMonroe! I could watch Arrested Development all day long, which is what I did last week when season 4 released.

Disappointed Franklin wasn't in it.
AD Spoilers
Spoiler

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
Spoiler

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Here's a topic on AD
http://www.roamersan...ed-development/

Issue 110+ Spoilers
Spoiler

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
Thanks for the link to the AD thread, Might have to check it out and see what others thought.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!