Is Judith Really Dead?

- - - - - Judith

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa
So in waiting for the next comic, i started over, again, and just got to around issue 50, so just after they loose the prison... and i was just thinking, do we really know for sure that Judith is dead?

Do you think that we will ever return to the prison? The Woodbury left overs could still be there? They could have taken Judith in if she was still alive? I mean we saw the bullet go through Lori, but we can only assume it hit Judith as well?

I think it could be quite an interesting turn to return to the prison, not for long, but still interesting... How far is the ASZ from the prison? Do we really know? Is there maybe a fictional "Map" of where the characters have been and are going?

Your thoughts?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
This topic has been beaten to death, though it's usually in relation to Lori, not Judith, being alive. I'm pretty sure Kirkman himself has stated that Lori is dead, but I can't find the link at this moment.

In regards to your other question, the prison was somewhere in Georgia, whereas ASZ is in Alexandria, Virginia, which is several hundred miles apart. There is a Walking Dead Google Map that someone made. At first glance, it looks pretty accurate, though I'm not sure how truly accurate it is.

Though this may be considered a duplicate topic, I'm going to allow it for now. There's potential for some interesting discussion here...
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa
Cool, Sorry i didnt mean to make a "Duplicate" topic, and yes iv seen way to many articles all over the place about why Lori is alive, but not much about Judith? and i think it was mostly because of how she died in the TV series... It was very poorly done in my opinion, but in the comic its pretty damn certain she's dead...

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Judith is dead. She better be dead.

If they ever brought her back into the storyline and she somehow survived and someone somehow got her to Rick I would roll my eyes.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Robert Kirkman has confirmed they are both dead , the weight of Lori`s fall on Judith is what kills her.
This is the main reason Lilly kills the Gov because he makes her kill both of them.
The fact they are dead should be a non-issue its pretty clear they are both killed.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

Robert Kirkman has confirmed they are both dead , the weight of Lori`s fall on Judith is what kills her.
This is the main reason Lilly kills the Gov because he makes her kill both of them.
The fact they are dead should be a non-issue its pretty clear they are both killed.

yeah I heard the same thing about Lori crushing Judith.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
Judith definitely died during the prison escape. She was either hit by the shot that killed Lori, or crushed by Lori when she fell.

I believe he bigger question would be: Did Judith reanimate? Did the blow crush her skull leaving her dead dead, or did she become zombified? Was she immune? We will never know....

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
we will never know for sure. I have always said I thought judith was alive. Just because kirkman says oh she's dead Doesn't make it true the master troll that he is. And no, the fall didn't necesarily kill her either that is just speculation or a troll. I have read that panel over and over again and I don't see without a doubt that she died. What I say is that it is one of those moments that makes this story so interesting because Kirkman likes to leave some stuff up in the air which leaves the situation up for so much debate. Like Jeff Grimes or the crazy lady on the horse. We may never know 100% without a doubt what happened.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Judith definitely died during the prison escape. She was either hit by the shot that killed Lori, or crushed by Lori when she fell.

I believe he bigger question would be: Did Judith reanimate? Did the blow crush her skull leaving her dead dead, or did she become zombified? Was she immune? We will never know....

Kirkman confirmed that since the prison was overrun with zombies, Lori and Judith became "zombie chow."

Other things that have been confirmed that I see a lot of theories about:

Kenneth was a typo (not confirmed by Kirkman but it was in that book)
Andrew is dead
Alexander Davidson is dead
Jeff Grimes will never appear in the comic
We will never see Woodbury or the prison again (in the comic)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Of course Judith is dead.

First of all, she was probably shot. If not, she was crushed by Lori's dead body. Then there were all of those zombies around, looking for something to munch on. Lilly and the Woodbury army didn't scoop her up, so she is certainly dead.

Oh, and Kirkman confirmed it.

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
IIRC Kirkman said in a Letter Hacks shortly after the prison massacre issue that he didn't show Judith getting shot in same panel Lori did because "showing a baby getting blown to bits would've been in bad taste" or something like that, but that she's definitely dead and was crushed by the weight of Lori falling on her. Lori's body probably just shielded her from the bullets but then just like Super Sonic in a Sonic game, couldn't save her from getting crushed to her death. Lilly then walks over and says her "you made me kill a baby" line which is just confirmation that she saw a dead baby over there.
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Yeah, Lilly actually kneels down and examines Lori and Judith's bodies, and gets very upset when she sees that the baby is dead. If Judith was alive, Lilly would have known; Judy would have been moving or something. We didn't see the baby's dead body, sure, but we did see her lifeless little hand. If she was hurt enough to just be knocked unconscious, she still wouldn't have recovered without immediate medical attention. They were also completely surrounded by zombies, and nobody took Judith when the remaining survivors ran into the prison... so even her body was probably feasted on by zombies. I just don't see any logical or realistic way she could have possibly lived, and even in the off-chance that she DID survive, how unlikely would it then be for Rick to come across her again one day, or even know that it's her.

Wow, what a depressing discussion, haha. Good news, though. We will probably find out for sure when the Fall of the Governor novel comes out, as it will show the prison/Woodbury war from Woodbury's perspective, and we'll find out what happened to Lilly and the other survivors at the prison.

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa
Some great replies so far, I especially like the one about whether or not Judith came back... or if she was immune... or if they were both just completely consumed... I hope they touch on what happened at the prison after the gov was killed in the fall of the governor...

I actually forgot about the "mission" to Washington when i posted this article, and now that i remember how far Rick and them have travelled i think its very unlikely they will return to the prison or woodbury, and like Jesus Monroe said, thats apparently confirmed... Which makes sense i suppose...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!