Lets Revisit The Prison Wall

prison tyresse

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Ok so in Made to suffer we got a real good look at the prison wall that was destroyed. This is where Tyresse and his group entered the prison. Later it would cause all kinds of problems as walkers were entering the prison via this area. As well Glenn went to investigate it when the gov attacked.

I would think this would be a major priority for Rick to secure the prison before season 4.

See the pic.

http://screencapped....p_display_media

First off how the hell did this happen? Looks like an explosion took place inside the prison and blasted debris outward.

And how do you fix this? Build a new wooden wall?

Jenners

Jenners

Roamer

• Members
I don't think we will ever know what happened. Probably a way to control contamination when the outbreak started. If it is re-visited in season 4 because it has had emphasis put on it and now there's a lot of people living in the prison they may just simply put fences up or maybe when we enter Season 4 it will already be done. Same goes to the fences that TG knocked down.
I love my town; This will not define us. 12/14/12. We choose love.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
In the pilot, when Rick escapes the hospital, there are walls downed to the surrounding buildings. I imagine that the downed prison wall was a failed military strike of some sort, or an internal explosion, maybe caused by a gas leak. Not sure if a gas leak or boiler explosion could take out a wing of a several-story brick building though. My money is on the first one.

I'm sure they'll be able to rig something up to block that whole in the wall. Maybe use the sheet metal from the bus they stole from Woodbury...that thing was part of the wall there.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Boilers are usually in the basement. My guess.. what ever happened, happened on the second floor... that's where the hole is widest. I would say a gas leak... or maybe a desperate attempt by people trapped on the second floor trying to get out? Hmmmm No fixing it without cement of some sort... I mean in theory you could take the debris and just use that instead of bricks.. but you still need something to bind it together... and mud won't suffice it. Unless you just do what they do at wood bury and just stack a bunch of heavy things behind the gaps.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Boota

Boota

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationKokomo, IN
If they can find some heavy equipment they could push all that rubble into a better wall than any of the fence.
"We went together like Kennedys and head wounds."--Lenny Kapowski, Mr. Undesirable

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
The building and the wall beyond it have the look of a bombed out building as seen in photos from WWII.
I too am surprised at the lack of priority of this section of the prison. Surprised that the writers didn't have the Governor send his troops in via this breach, or at least unloaded the walker bomb truck at that location, so that the defenders would have to fight a battle on two sides with limited man-power.
Unless they seal the fence breach, that is always going to be a point of entry for walkers and bad guys. They could seal up the interior routes where Tyreese and his group were found by Carl, in the dungeons but it won't attend to the problematic headache of walkers in the interior yard.
If I recall Tyreese and his group entered that area through a hole in the fence. As we've seen in earlier episodes those gaps can easily be fixed by wiring the openings shut. Still even after doing that I would post a patrol or a full time watch on that area, now that there are more people to care for & protect, there are more able bodies (even the grannies) to keep watch on that area and sound an alarm if there's a problem.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

Unless they seal the fence breach, that is always going to be a point of entry for walkers and bad guys. They could seal up the interior routes where Tyreese and his group were found by Carl, in the dungeons but it won't attend to the problematic headache of walkers in the interior yard.

Going in through the breach would be a difficult task for a sneak attack.

You have to deal with the walkers already inside.
You have to guess which route you have to take.
Know how to open locked prison doors. (Good luck locating a key.)
Be quite or they will know you are coming.
Worry about more walkers following you inside.

And the wildcards:
Look out for booby traps.
When the prison has power running, there are probably a hundred or so cameras which can be monitored.

If anything I would leave it open and exploit it as a kill point.

Ed Peletier

Ed Peletier

Infected

• Members

Going in through the breach would be a difficult task for a sneak attack.

You have to deal with the walkers already inside.
You have to guess which route you have to take.
Know how to open locked prison doors. (Good luck locating a key.)
Be quite or they will know you are coming.
Worry about more walkers following you inside.

And the wildcards:
Look out for booby traps.
When the prison has power running, there are probably a hundred or so cameras which can be monitored.

If anything I would leave it open and exploit it as a kill point.

I would just weld the doors shut that are connected to that area. They really don't need any part of that area anyway.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!