Most Overrated And Underrated Characters?

- - - - - character overrated underrated

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Or do you mean Carol tried to kill herself twice?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

That_Guy_From_NY

That_Guy_From_NY

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationQueens

She's deff responsible for her own actions, but you can't say she would have tried it if he didn't cheat. Its like bullied teens that commit suicide, sure it was their choice but it was made because they couldn't handle their tormentors, and to wash the bullies hands clean because it was the victim's choice is bullshit. Also id like to note that 2 of tyreese's gfs killed theirselves, and his daughter made a suicide pact.

He didn't bully her into anything. She was a big girl, it's not his responsibility to coddle her emotions. He's only a man and he made a mistake sure, it was fucked up; he shouldn't have done that but he didn't make her crazy and weak and he's not at fault. She had a daughter too, she was a pathetic human being and she decided to make the choices she did. So he cheated on her, she needed to get over it and move on with her life, raise her daughter and be an adult.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Overrated: Michonne, she hasn't been interesting since the prison and thats when I hated her the most, and now she doesn't want to fight and will probably leave ASZ.

Underrated: Emo Carl, I think Emo Carl has what it takes... I emphasize Emo.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

Or do you mean Carol tried to kill herself twice?

No, after she killed herself someone offered him condolences and he said she was weak and that he had another ex kill herself and he had no sympathy for her.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

That_Guy_From_NY

That_Guy_From_NY

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationQueens

No, after she killed herself someone offered him condolences and he said she was weak and that he had another ex kill herself and he had no sympathy for her.

Maybe he just likes hot crazy chicks *shrug*.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

He didn't bully her into anything. She was a big girl, it's not his responsibility to coddle her emotions. He's only a man and he made a mistake sure, it was fucked up; he shouldn't have done that but he didn't make her crazy and weak and he's not at fault. She had a daughter too, she was a pathetic human being and she decided to make the choices she did. So he cheated on her, she needed to get over it and move on with her life, raise her daughter and be an adult.

I never said he bullied her I just likened it to bullies to illustrate the cause and effect relationship. Yeah she is weak and killed herself for stupid reasons, and what she did to her daughter was awful.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Overrated: Michonne, she hasn't been interesting since the prison and thats when I hated her the most, and now she doesn't want to fight and will probably leave ASZ.

I don't know how to feel about Michonne most of the time, to be honest. I don't know if it's the writing or the character. I think it might be the writing. Kirkman has never really paid much attention to her. It's like he takes her from being a cold badass to a complete emotional mess, no in between.

I also don't understand her obsession with being with a man all the time. She threw herself at Tyreese, then at Morgan, then at Heath, and now she's all over Ezekiel. What's up with that?

She seems to be getting more attention lately, though, so I'm staying open minded. At least she's self-aware and knows there's something she needs to fix. I loved her recent scenes with Rick and Andrea. Yeah, she snapped at Rick and was all emo with Andrea, but it shows she's at least communicating. She's starting to realize that she needs people in her life and that she needs to talk. I think Michonne is even more emo than Carl, the difference is she tries to hide it. I don't want her to hide it anymore. I think she has the potential of being quite extraordinary if they made her human, instead of just a katana yielding killing machine.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
I take Michonne's MO with her sexual partners as an expression of a need to connect with other human beings, something she seems to struggle with. I don't get the impression she sees it as throwing herself at men, but going after what she wants in a somewhat predatory way. She's mentioned not being able to relate to other women in the ASZ, and has perhaps always felt that way, even before the ZA. It would fit her character. Perhaps she harbors a bit of resentment about not fitting in with other women....that would kind of explain not minding going after a taken man.

I could see a friendship with Andrea being a beautiful thing.....I was actually wondering why they hadn't interacted much right around the time they had their recent chat.

she's at least communicating. She's starting to realize that she needs people in her life and that she needs to talk. I think Michonne is even more emo than Carl, the difference is she tries to hide it. I don't want her to hide it anymore. I think she has the potential of being quite extraordinary if they made her human, instead of just a katana yielding killing machine.

:zombiethumbsup:

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
Michonne just likes black men and she's only had like 5 to choose from and she thinks race trumps relationship. I get Michonne but she has been under utilized since arriving asz. She probably gunna get killed soon with all of her character development.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
michonne told andrea to fuck off after she caught her talking to her imaginary bf.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

You're acting as if this is happening in a situation now. This is the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. People are on edge. Everyone people have cared about is dead. Even the survivors' last traces of hope are diminishing. Now, Tyreese cheats on Carol for a new girl who just arrived at the prison. I'm not saying what Carol did was right but Tyreese definitely could've handled the situation better given what happened.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
And I think Michonne just likes to be with other men is because she needs some sort of attachment to somebody. She's lost her family and she was an outsider. She needs someone to connect with to function. When Tyreese died, she started talking with her boyfriend again. She doesn't interact much with anyone in the group besides Rick and Carl. Especially when Michonne lives in a world with so few people, she probably feels so alone all the time and just needs someone to hold her together.

As for the black guys, I don't know. It could just be an attraction. She could just like black guys. Simple as that

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Overrated and Underrated in terms of what? How much the fans like them? - If that's the case then...

Overrated
Tyreese. Oh my motherfuck... this guy. I don't hate him, i think he's a cool character - but SOOOO overrated.
Jesus. In the comics since the early 90's - only is just starting to get some serious panel-time but everyone seems to worship him
I want to say Michonne, but i think she's earned her popularity.

Underrated
Sophia - To be fair we hardly see her so it's hard to judge opinions and all. But she's been through just as much as the others if not more. I think we'll see some big stuff for Sophia soon.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I think JM and I R Biter are right about michonne reaching out. But I don't think she goes after taken men because of her resentment toward women for not fitting in with women. I don't fit in with women but I wouldn't use it as an excuse to steal a man. I don't think that michonne is a hater of interracial dating, dead vs alive is all that matters in the za, but I do think its more than sexual preference Every survivor in the za is the last hope for humanity but I think there would be pressure on people of minority groups as the last of their race/culture/ancestry to carry that on, and I think that's how Michonne justifies breaking up interacial couples as opposed to trying to get Gabe to break his vows. I would've liked to see her with Jesus but Zeke is awesome, she was just scared he was a repeat of the guv and she'll take him out the second he does anything remotely tg-esque.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I love the Jesus, but the thing he needs is...more of an personal attachment. His character is a bit overrated when we come down to that. He hasn't gone through anything like Michonne or Abraham did...yet. He is cool with an nice design, but his chracter is...a bit flat as of now.

Abe was an badass, but he was also emotionally damaged and very well written. He had alot of depth. Which is why i still keep him as my favorite character, well after his death.

Jesus is badass, but i'am still waiting for more of an personal plot on his behalf. As of now, he's an very good ''cool'' guy, but he's not Abe.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

I love the Jesus, but the thing he needs is...more of an personal attachment. His character is a bit overrated when we come down to that. He hasn't gone through anything like Michonne or Abraham did...yet. He is cool with an nice design, but his chracter is...a bit flat as of now.

Abe was an badass, but he was also emotionally damaged and very well written. He had alot of depth. Which is why i still keep him as my favorite character, well after his death.

Jesus is badass, but i'am still waiting for more of an personal plot on his behalf. As of now, he's an very good ''cool'' guy, but he's not Abe.

Im hoping for this as well.
Give us some development for Jesus.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

Bitergram

Bitergram

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
Overrated: The Governor. I like him, but never really accepted him I guess. Michonne torturing him was my favorite part of all of Compendium one.

Underrated: Sofia for obvious reasons, and Maggie.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Overrated: The Governor

The Governor is kind of cartoonish. He's just a basic, mustache-twirling villain with a lot of psychopathy thrown in for good measure (you can say that about most villains in The Walking Dead, but most of them aren't rated so highly). He's only memorable to people as a good villain because he was basically the first villain. He set the bar for brutality and he and his army were directly responsible for killing off most of the main cast. Just because The Governor's actions were taken to the logical conclusion and are memorable, doesn't make him a good villain.

Underrated: Martinez.

I thought Martinez was awesome, until he turned out to be not-so-awesome. Despite being in very few issues, I thought he had a lot of good character moments. His death was also an important part of Rick's character development. Seeing Martinez put side-by-side with the Gov like this, I noticed that he is a way better villain than The Governor, because of how ambiguous and normal he was. Even after betraying the group, he wasn't a clear-cut villain. He was three dimensional character.

Honorable mentions:

Overrated: Hershel Greene

Everyone seems to love him and I like him well enough, but I don't see how he's so great. He was kind of forgettable to me.

Underrated: Tobin.

He was cool. Too bad he had to die.

Underrated: Denise

If Leela hadn't reminded me of Denise, I would have forgotten that she existed. She has an abundance of personality, but so far not too much to do. I hope Robert Kirkman develops and utilizes her more before she dies.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Haha. My friend's favorite is Martinez. When I let him borrow Compendium one, he was like, "I love this Martinez guy." And then he read more and was like, "NO!"
I agree about the Governor somewhat. I do think he was a great villain but there was a point where he became laughable with him getting his ear bitten off, getting bitten on the neck, getting castrated, amputated, and eye spooned out and shot and slashed at several times....yeah. He's still better than the show Governor, though. To give credit in regards to the injuries, I think the show handled it better where he just lost an eye and his daughter. Other than that, he sucked on the show

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I think the Gov gets so much credit is because he was the first time we got to see how fucking crazy people could become in the ZA.
Yes we had some freak out moments with Shane and Hershel but the Gov was really the first guy that we seen to use the ZA as a means to become the crazy fuck he was.
RK was making a point with the Gov and his over the top shit that we aint in Kansas anymore Toto.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
What about Thomas? Or do you not mean people who are inherently evil but people who became evil as a result of the zombie apocalypse?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

What about Thomas? Or do you not mean people who are inherently evil but people who became evil as a result of the zombie apocalypse?

right not like Thomas who was a serial killer and evil to begin with , he was in jail remember. The Gov became evil because of the ZA.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I think the hunters and hillbillies were just as scary and evil as the governor, if not more so, and were all probably worsened by the za, but what made the governor a bigger threat was his political power. Before tg it was crazy individuals that were the threat to the group and the zombie but tg set the stage for survivors vs survivors. I think tg was scarier after michonne mutilated him(that was unbearable to read even tho tg deserved every bit of his punishment, removing his fingernails was the most gruesome to see imo).

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

hathawa

hathawa

Infected

• Members
the Governor was a great character.
changed the walking dead forever. a true sadist who while brutal could also manipulate with the best. He deceived an entire town in to attacking a group he started a war with. convinced them they were savages when he himself was a savage. an example of what can happen to a person in the za.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

He's still better than the show Governor, though.

Oh, most definitely. Spencer Monroe is better than the TV show Governor. Father Gabriel is better than the TV show Governor. Donna is better than the TV show Governor. Barbara is....okay, that might be going to far.

The Gov became evil because of the ZA.

Not that we'd really know that just from reading the comics. I think Doc Stevens said he was good once, but that's about it. For all anyone knew before the novels came out, he could have been evil from the start, too.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!