Will Jesus Rise Again?

- - - - - Jesus death zombies

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Do you think Kirkman will pull something clever and make it seem like Jesus dies in an issue but he comes back later alive with only some new wounds? Maybe he'll die and come back as a zombie? I wouldn't it past Robbie. Thoughts?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
As much as i hate to say it i think RK is going to replace Michonne with Jesus as the badass of Rick`s group.
Michonne`s recent comments on not wanting to fight anymore plus her interactions with Zeke make me think she is going to join the Kingdom.
Zeke`s supposed hatred of violence goes hand in hand with Michonne not wanting to fight anymore.
The other part of me says there are no happy endings in this story and Michonne will be killed soon.

Jesus will be used as a cliffhanger with everyone thinking he is going to die but he will survive , i dont think RK will use the obvious resurrection reference and will come up with a better way to troll us all.
It is still possible that Jesus will betray Rick`s group after the whole Negan thing blows over and he could be the Judas of the story.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I don't think Jesus works for Negan but I think it's entirely possible he's on Ezekiel's side and it seems as if he's the puppet master behind all of this

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
And I hope he's trying to make it seem like Michonne is going to die and then kill somebody else. I like Jesus but he's no Michonne.
I think when the war blows over, Michonne will be at the kingdom and then BAM! Ezekiel kills her in front of Rick's group and announces he's in charge now. It would be even more shocking if Jesus is the one to kill her. I just hope that if Michonne dies, it's by her own katana. I've imagined her fighting Negan and then he grabs her katana and slices the top of her head off

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I just think the Kingdom/Zeke is not what it seems and after the war with Negan is over they will pull some shit.
Jesus is supposedly really good friends with Zeke and we have no clue how far that friendship will go or what they have done together.
The Kingdom is the only community so far to refuse Negan`s trade offer , so how did they get away with it without going to war with Negan before Rick showed up ?
Some things dont add up so far with the information Jesus has given on the Kingdom or i should say not giving detailed information to Rick on the backgroung/history of the Kingdom. He didnt even tell them about the tiger until they showed up and there it was.
You would think that would come up at some point before getting there , oh i forgot my bad !
What does Jesus have to hide about his friendship with Zeke?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
"He's part of the network with the hilltop and the saviors, though they're more of a tumor than a participant."
"There are a couple of smaller groups we know of...but we don't engage them much."

Yeah. There's a lot that Jesus has been letting on that I'm surprised Rick hasn't asked about. Why hasn't Negan bashed in the brains of somebody from the Kingdom? Is he scared of them? If he was, then why does the Kingdom even need Rick? I don't even think Negan knows the Kingdom exists and Ezekiel is just taking advantage of this. (But then you could ask how did Dwight know about it?).

And why do Rick and Jesus think they have the upper hand in this war?

And I don't buy the reason Ezekiel gave for being called King Ezekiel. It's the same as the Governor. He just likes the authority of the title

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
it was mentioned that Zeke turned down Negan`s offer so i am pretty sure they have met.
Also Zeke says he hates Negan so i assume he has had contact with the Saviors in some way.

It really is ridiculous to think they have an upper hand in anything at this point. They still have no idea the true numbers of the Saviors and even if the people will fight for them after they find out they have been lied to the whole time.
What makes them think they wont just go along with the deal like the hilltop people seem to do.
They might get so pissed at Rick that they betray him to Negan to get out from underneath his form of tyranny.
What Rick is doing is not that different then what the Gov did to his people keeping the truth from them and risking there lives without them knowing.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
And even if everyone in Alexandria was on board, who would be a good fighter?
Rick, Carl, Andrea, Michonne, Holly, Rosita, Heath (maybe), Aaron (maybe), and Nicholas. What advantage do they have over the hundreds of Saviors? Ammo?
What about Hilltop. In one of the issues, Jesus says, "You're not alone. I'll help you fight and so will Kal." That's two people, probably off the top of Jesus' head but still. Kal isn't exactly on board with this anyway.
And the Kingdom? We don't really know much about them except for the fact that they have a tiger and guys with swords

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
PT I love you

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

PT I love you

How can you not i mean i am PorkTornado !

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

How can you not i mean i am PorkTornado !

You've probably answered this before but what is a pork tornado?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

You've probably answered this before but what is a pork tornado?

i stole the name from a band back in 1997 been using it as my online handle since then.
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Pork_Tornado

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
ah mystery solved

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
What is a gypsyrose?

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

What is a gypsyrose?

my two year old daughters middle name lol

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
nice cool name

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Wow. PorkTornado changed his avatar again. Twist of the century. I keep getting you and Gypsyrose confused now

nindza77

nindza77

Infected

• Members
I have no idea why you think Ezekiel would be a traitor? At first glance, actually resembles a governor. However, it seems to me quite different. He hates violence, care of the animal (like almost no one) - it seems to me that it might be the guy who grows weed.

I see no reason to be afraid of him, because I do not see how the beat Negan. He will die for sure, but remember the theme ended up in prison? Beating Negan mean peace in Alexandria, and that's what we saw. Time for something new.

I think Jesus just after all, will join Rick.

Coyote

Coyote

Infected

• Members
I agree, Ezekiel was obviously speaking from the heart in issue 110. He didn't seem to have any desire for power, he just seems to be like Rick. They both took on leadership to make the people around them feel safer.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!