If You Could Choose 3 Characters To Survive Till The End Of Twd (Comic Book)

* * * * * 1 survivors characters TWD comicbook

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I agree with Jones! I hope that after Rick dies they give Carl his own comic as an adult with Sophia and Baby Glenn and Old Michonne.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

ZykeLeight

ZykeLeight

Infected

• Members
Carl
Andrea
Michonne

Styrofoam Boots

Styrofoam Boots

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSuburban Chicago
Carl
Sophia
Maggie

Glenn too if he wasn't already dead.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Am I the only one kind of sad that we can pretty confidently guess who's going to live to the end (or at least past Rick). I used to love the feeling of not knowing who was going to die next and knowing it could be anyone (besides Rick or Carl) but now it seems like too many people won't die for a very long time. I have faith in Kirkman but since issue 83 and slightly in issue 100 (I had the feeling Glenn would die), it's been a while since he's surprised me.
Edit: Scratch that, he did surprise me in issue 107 when Carl was perfectly fine and in issue 98 with Abe's death but 107 was disappointing. The surprises are still very far between. I mean, if there were so many twists and turns we'd eventually get desensitized but it feels like lately the story is kind of just going down the path of...well a writer. I know it is going down the path of a writer, but I don't feel like I'm part of the world anymore.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
I think the problem is people are expecting too many deaths far too soon and often. I think this is partly the show's fault with its "everybody dies" shit. Why are we so obsessed with "the next death"? Let's just sit back and enjoy.

I know earlier in the comics a lot of characters were introduced and killed off quickly (Jim, Amy, Hershel's family, Donna, Julie and Chris, etc). But you have to understand those were the early days of the infection. The characters didn't know much about the walkers or the virus, they were outnumbered, they were very naive and weak. Now it's been two years and they are better prepared, not just against walkers, but against people, too. Sure, an accident might happen and Heath might get taken down by a zombie. But I feel like at this point in the series deaths would be scarce. Of course, that has us wondering who will be next, but I don't understand this mentality that someone needs to die in every single arc. Says who? And why? That doesn't make sense. It makes more sense that these people have evolved so much that they are better equipped to live.

Also, during those early days Kirkman had the room to introduce red shirts he could get rid of easily. But as I've read the series I get the feeling that no one he introduces is a red shirt anymore. Not since Abraham/Eugene/Rosita. I can't think of a single character right now who is unimportant. Everyone from Tara, to Kal, to Eugene, to Holly, to Andrea, to Rick, to Carl... everyone is important now, everyone gets their own job and their own personalities, and as a writer I imagine it's hard for Robert Kirkman to be like, "well, I guess it's the end of this arc. You, dude I've been growing attached to for a couple of months. I'm gonna kill you just cause."

Kirkman seems to care more about his characters now and I'm glad. I don't wanna see anyone die for shock value. I think he learned that lesson when he killed Tyreese. I think he's now careful about who he gets rid of. So I don't think we're gonna see much carnage and I certainly don't want to lose anyone from Alexandria (even fucking Spencer) because the audience expects it. I love these characters, I care about them. I want them all to live.

We've gone from man vs zombie.
To man vs man.
And now I'm really looking forward to man vs civilization. That's more interesting to me than getting a death every 15 issues or so. YMMV.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Also, during those early days Kirkman had the room to introduce red shirts he could get rid of easily. But as I've read the series I get the feeling that no one he introduces is a red shirt anymore. Not since Abraham/Eugene/Rosita. I can't think of a single character right now who is unimportant. Everyone from Tara, to Kal, to Eugene, to Holly, to Andrea, to Rick, to Carl... everyone is important now, everyone gets their own job and their own personalities, and as a writer I imagine it's hard for Robert Kirkman to be like, "well, I guess it's the end of this arc. You, dude I've been growing attached to for a couple of months. I'm gonna kill you just cause."

I don't think a surprising moment is a death, necessarily. Just a twist in the plot that changes the game. I feel like almost every new character besides Eugene and MAYBE Heath is a redshirt or a character I just don't care about

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Carl, Andrea, and Sophia.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Kirkman seems to care more about his characters now and I'm glad.

I agree with this I just wish he would give some of the Alexandrians some damn development. They've been in the scene for 40+ issues now and we still know almost nothing about Eric, Holly, Olivia, Heath, Aaron, Denise, etc. Even Rosita, Eugene, and Gabriel we know very little about and they've been in this series for almost 60 issues.

We've gotten a little bit from them, but I'm hoping we actually start getting to know these characters. I feel like us hardcore comic fans know these characters, but if one of them were to die most of the casual readers wouldn't even bash an eye lash. They probably wouldn't even realize that someone like Olivia has a name and has been in the series since issue 70.

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members
I personally could care less about most of the people in Alexandra. Heath... Sort of. But, if he died I wouldn't really be too broken up. I think Kirkman needs some new REAL main characters.

Anyway...

1.) Carl
2.) Michonne
3.) Negan ;)

FunkeTime

FunkeTime

Infected

• Members
Carl
Maggie
Eugene

FJSP2627

FJSP2627

S-mart Employee

• Members
Carl, Sophia abd Andrea.... but don't forget there will be some new characters as the series continue

ElGhosteh

ElGhosteh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas
1. Andrea
2. Carl
3. Heath

Luke Ass

Luke Ass

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBristol, Rhode Island
1. Carl
2. Negan
3. Spencer

Spencer is like that crybaby guy Upham from saving private ryan, he will be totally useless the whole time, and then be one of the only ones to stay alive.

And negan well... He's just perfect, I love him, and then I also hate his fucking guts all at once, he's just such a kick ass villain.
Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky....

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
Eugene
Maggie
Sophia

I guess I've just really grown to like Eugene lately, despite his 180 on the bullets thing. He really seems like he's grown up a lot ever since Abe got owned, and I really want him to live till the end so his best buddy Abe can live on through him in a sense. He just really seems like he has potential to be a really awesome character and part of me hopes he even becomes one of Rick's most trusted allies at some point.

And I have Maggie and Sophia on there for virtually the same reasons. They both lost all their family members so I want them to make it until the end to capture that tragic feel that they're the last ones of their family left. It's hard to say who got it worse, since Maggie had her huge family who all were killed, while Sophia is just a child who lost her parents and then lost her dad again. Which is why I had to put them both here. I hope Kirkman does more with these two.

"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I used to think Maggie or Michonne had it the worst but it's definitely Sophia. I hated Carol so much. Not only did Sophia lose everybody she's ever loved, but Carol tried to kill herself in front of Sophia and Sophia was there when her Mom died. The worst part is that since she's just a child, a lot of the things that happen to her are beyond her realm of understanding.

Quires on deers

Quires on deers

Infected

• Members
Rick.
Dwight(if he survives this whole negan story arc he could really become an interesting character)
Jesus

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
Primary: Andrea, Rick, or Carl

I honestly love all 3 of these characters and hope they all make it. My gut tells me they won't. If I knew that NOT ALL of these 3 would survive - I'd guess that Andrea gets it first. I could see Rick finally meeting his demise and Carl talking over as the main character, I would imagine this wouldn't happen for a while, giving Carl more time to learn and develop under his father's tutelage. That way - Rick lives on as part of the leadership traits he instilled in his son.

I get the Creeping feeling that Andrea (My favorite female character w/ Michonne a close 2nd) will not survive the current sory arc. As in - Rick will defeat Negan, but at the cost of his love - Andrea. I hope this doesn't happen but get the feeling that it will.

Secondary: Eugene, Michonne, Ezekiel/Jesus

I want to see if Eugene is able to succeed. We've seen quite a bit of growth from him, and It shows that Rosita is starting to grow on him. I've said before I think that Kirkman might be setting Eugene up to be the traitor and have him switch allegiance to the Saviors. If that's not the case, I am very interested in Eugene's ability to be helpful. He has very little value as a fighter but I don't think that any community that we've seen thus far has put someone like Eugene to work using his specific talents. Bullet production is just the first step - I could see Eugene having the critical thinking skills to apply to similar projects that might yield incredible benefits to the group.

Michonne needs more focus. We have seen her struggle to develop as a character - she herself acknowledges that her time dealing w/ the undead has completely transformed her into something that she's not. I think, depending on what happens within the next few issues, that a relationship w/ Ezekiel could help with repairing her damaged personality. She already seems much different - playful and flirty, something we've never seen before. In the past she's simply thrust herself at men, almost operating at man-like level herself, looking for instant gratification w/out emotional investment.

I'm very interested in the other communities that we've been introduced to. Jesus is probably the best new character we've seen recently - but we are getting to see some solid characters at the Hilltop, blacksmith guy (forget his name off top of my head), Kal, and Eduardo, etc. Hopefully we will continue to get more info on The Kingdom. As it sits now - we don't really know ANY characters from there besides Ezekiel. If and when Rick's group takes heavy losses, we may find these other communities as a primary focus. Who's to say that ASZ will survive the coming war - perhaps the survivors will emigrate to Hilltop or Kingdom following their home being destroyed or taken over by The Saviors.

LisaTheZombieSlayer

LisaTheZombieSlayer

Infected

• Members

1) Carl

2) Sophia

3) Maggie or Andrea

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

1) Negan

2) Axel

3) Glenn

Man I seriously miss Axel, I loved that guy.

GloriousInfidel

GloriousInfidel

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSanta Barbara

1) Jim

2) Axel

3 Dale

At its core, this is really a story about those guys....

Nah, but really, I wanted Carl to live till the end, but now I'm annoyed with him for some reason...

I want to see Sophia again, just to see how she's gotten one.

I'll put it at 

1) Carl

2) Maggie

3) Sophia

for right now, thought that could change in the next few issues, considering the fact that I don't know these characters anymore, you know?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
1) Maggie, because she's suffered enough.
2) Maggie's baby, because Maggie has suffered enough.
3) Sophia, because she/Maggie has suffered enough.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!