Issue 144 Cover And Predictions

- - - - - 48 96 100 compendium

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh

Oh I think there will be some exciting issues here and there. Plus, like you said, depending on the way Kirkman writes things from here on out, it could be rather exciting. To me, however, it seems that there will be some slow build-up coming. I am not suggesting as slow as after "No Way Out" slow, but somewhat slow.

I actually really liked "We Find Ourselves", certainly far more than I liked No Way Out itself. So I don't really mind the possibility of the upcoming issues being like that, and I think there's a good chance I'm going to similarly prefer them to AOW.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

I actually really liked "We Find Ourselves", certainly far more than I liked No Way Out itself. So I don't really mind the possibility of the upcoming issues being like that, and I think there's a good chance I'm going to similarly prefer them to AOW.

I found "We Find Overselves" to be painfully slow at times, especially the Nicholas rebellion stuff. However, there was good stuff like Andrea x Rick and Rosita actually doing something. But it really depends on what kind of reader you are at the end of the day. My main thing with the current arc is that I think it needs to give focus to the undeveloped characters like Heath. As much as I love Negan, I don't want another jerking match between him and Rick.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I found "We Find Overselves" to be painfully slow at times, especially the Nicholas rebellion stuff. However, there was good stuff like Andrea x Rick and Rosita actually doing something. But it really depends on what kind of reader you are at the end of the day. My main thing with the current arc is that I think it needs to give focus to the undeveloped characters like Heath. As much as I love Negan, I don't want another jerking match between him and Rick.

Wait, what did Rosita do in that volume? I can only recall she broke up with Abraham and moved in with Eugene.

The only highlight of that volume was Rick and Andrea moving on from their past because it felt natural. We Find Ourselves should have been better than it turned out to be, but if failed to do so. We never got closer to find out anything about the new survivors except that Nicholas was paranoid and, umm, Aaron is inappropriate in his humour. I hope we don't get another repeat of that volume.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Not a huge fan of "We Find Ourselves" either, but I agree with Cthulu that it was miles better than "No Way Out"

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I actually quite liked No Way Out. It showed just how desperate Rick was to protect Carl at all costs, and the zombies had actually become a threat again. Quite liked the teamwork of the citizens and it showed that despite it all, there is still hope that they could completely wipe out the zombies. And Spencer got a punch to the face!!

Only thing I didn't like was the sudden Rick/Jessie relationship. Her husband was barely in the grave, and despite how much of a bastard he was he was still the father of her son. And Carl getting shot in the head. I would have been fine with it if he ended up dying or actually suffered extreme consequences, but it was all "Judith who" for a second then he remembered it all in a couple of days later anyway.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

No Way Out was the start of the "zombies are no longer a threat" thing. Plus, the art was at the absolute worst

The moment with Jessie was the only thing that redeemed it from being the worst arc in the series for me

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

well we've got to look at it this way, these people have spent 4 years dealing with this same threat, figuring out how not to die from it and learning from the people who do. it's only natural that this far into it, walkers are a minor threat. they know how they work for the most part, and they've found a way to exploit it.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

No Way Out was the start of the "zombies are no longer a threat" thing. Plus, the art was at the absolute worst

The moment with Jessie was the only thing that redeemed it from being the worst arc in the series for me

I never really looked at it that way. It was the moment they realised that zombies weren't a threat, but this had been the largest herd they had faced yet. There was the threat of being trapped and starved out, and they were completely terrified of even trying to escape. It was only in a moment of pure craziness they fought back and won.

Whilst the moment with Jessie was shocking, I never really cared for her that much or Ron. I think this was the first real mistake Kirkman had made at this point. He hadn't invested enough time in these characters, for me to care about them. A page of her seducing Rick wasn't going to make me shed tears that she died. I think that's what ended up making volume 15 such a downer, if I'm being honest.

well we've got to look at it this way, these people have spent 4 years dealing with this same threat, figuring out how not to die from it and learning from the people who do. it's only natural that this far into it, walkers are a minor threat. they know how they work for the most part, and they've found a way to exploit it.

Agreed. They're more like a force of nature at this point. I'm still suspending my disbelief at the fact they still exist in large numbers due to the fact that we've seen time and time again that they were rotting out and only a year had passed. Surely with four communities the large number of walkers in their area would be wiped out.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

Agreed. They're more like a force of nature at this point. I'm still suspending my disbelief at the fact they still exist in large numbers due to the fact that we've seen time and time again that they were rotting out and only a year had passed. Surely with four communities the large number of walkers in their area would be wiped out.

we only saw two or three examples of advanced decomposition, with no indication that all other walkers should be affected, and also, theyr'e roamers, they roam. you can clear an area but more will come. way to quote the man, abraham though =]

also with as much as we've reached this specific point of discussion, check out a book called the zombie survival guide. it's a fictitious work by the author of wwz, and set in that universe, but it presents a lot of interesting theories about zombies [specifically, decomposition] that i've chosen to apply to the walking dead until canon indicates otherwise.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
It was implied those zombies have been there since the beginning, and that had been a year. Now register all those who have turned in the first two years, all those would be wiped out during the time jump.

I agree to an extent on the fact they always roam, but it seems a bit contrived that all the zombies of America just so happen to follow Rick and company haha.

I'll check it out :D

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

well you've got to figure, there's MILLIONS of them, all roaming around following gunshots and whatnot. as for the decomposed zombies, in my book, they were isolated incidents. maybe specific examples of best case scenario decomposition environments, or maybe even that there is some kind of specific chemical or substance that accelerates their decomposition, or at least makes them susceptible to it by negating whatever makes them NOT rot. i feel like eventually rk will take it in that kind of direction, and he was just setting it up way ahead of time. he's always hinted at having a definite ending in mind.

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
I think 144 will end with either Rick dying or carl stepping up to a leadership role. And if it isn't those two its negans demise

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
Negan escapes, and kills Carl...Rick finally realizes he should've killed Negan 2 year ago.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Negan escapes, and kills Carl...Rick finally realizes he should've killed Negan 2 year ago.

That's Karma for you. I have a feeling it will bite Rick on the ass sooner or later.

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

TWD-144.jpeg

THE WALKING DEAD #144
STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RATHBURN
COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
JULY 8
32 PAGES/BW/ M
$2.99
Title: ...

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members
Rick looks really pale. I'm scared...

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

and with a massive forehead.......

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

riyia

riyia

Infected

• Members

His clothes remind me of Negan's current outfit. 

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

All I can think is "Drugged out Jessie Pinkman"

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

He does look pale, maybe... infected. Like I've been saying all along. Papercuts, guys, papercuts.

Z-murdock

Z-murdock

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMI

Guess i was right about the leak last week

agrassfedcomic.com

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members
Since there's no tagline for this issue and Rick is a pale as a drugged up corpse, maybe... This is it for him?

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

There is a tagline -- it's an ellipsis, silence, pause, hesitation.

I'm guessing this is where Rick finds out about the Whisperers, and Carl's disappearance.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Banned

How much further past issue #144 will the comics go? Remember, Compendium volume 3 is due out in October and it goes up to issue #144. Could this be the beginning of the end for the comic series? Or will it keep going? 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

How much further past issue #144 will the comics go? Remember, Compendium volume 3 is due out in October and it goes up to issue #144. Could this be the beginning of the end for the comic series? Or will it keep going? 

300 + issues , Kirkman has stated he has at least that much planned out in advance.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!