Issue 144 Cover And Predictions

- - - - - 48 96 100 compendium

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I know this is a little early but I was just wondering if issue 144 is going to be the next milestone issue or if volume 24 would be the next milestone volume. Issue 48 was a huge issue in the Walking Dead. I don't think I need to explain why. Issue 96 introduced Hilltop and while there were no huge deaths, I think that was because issue 100 was right around the corner. Issue 144 will be the end of the Compendium 3 so I think that we may see a major death or several major deaths. What do you guys think? I know it's impossible to guess where the story is going to go from here but do you think volume 24 will be just another volume or will it thrust the story forward?

TWD-144.jpeg

THE WALKING DEAD #144
STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RATHBURN
COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
JULY 8
32 PAGES/BW/ M
$2.99

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
that's two and a half years from now.... I really hope TWD, is on to some other location and arc by that point. I mean, hell we have been with the ASZ for how long now? since issue 70, making it already over 3 years in the ASZ. SOMETHING has to move this "Thrust" this story forward, but I don't know if its just based of issue/volume/hardcover/compendium #'s

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

that's two and a half years from now.... I really hope TWD, is on to some other location and arc by that point. I mean, hell we have been with the ASZ for how long now? since issue 70, making it already over 3 years in the ASZ. SOMETHING has to move this "Thrust" this story forward, but I don't know if its just based of issue/volume/hardcover/compendium #'s

its only been roughly 2 years since the outbreak.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
We're still 34 issues away from that. A lot could happen in the meantime. Hell the Saviors/Negan arc may be over in 10 issues or less, then what? Conflict with Kingdom? Zeke seems to like Rick & his gang so far, so based on what we know, I really can't see them going to war after the the Saviors are dismantled. It would be nice to see them move on from Alexandria, but to where I'm not sure.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Mark my words the Kingdom is not what is seems and after Negan is outta the picture (he aint going anywhere soon) Zeke will try and rule all the land as the KING. He has already shown hatred for Gregory.
Just because Zeke seems friendly now dont mean he is going to stay that way , reminds me of a saying keep your friends close and you enemy`s closer.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Mark my words the Kingdom is not what is seems and after Negan is outta the picture (he aint going anywhere soon) Zeke will try and rule all the land as the KING. He has already shown hatred for Gregory.
Just because Zeke seems friendly now dont mean he is going to stay that way , reminds me of a saying keep your friends close and you enemy`s closer.

If that's the case I'd be willing to bet that's what Rick is doing with Zeke, Jesus, and Gregory. When Rick got to the Alexandria safe zone he had no problem overthrowing Monroe.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I can't wait for the day they have rick on a throne with Andrea and Rosita by his side variant cover 8)

_Shrike_

_Shrike_

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationa creepy basement

I can't wait for the day they have rick on a throne with Andrea and Rosita by his side variant cover 8)

yea!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Get your spam out of here

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I was referring to a spambot that was on here, by the way. The post was taken down

FJSP2627

FJSP2627

S-mart Employee

• Members
Tottaly agree with lurker, something bad will happen and ezequiel will turn on rick and kill someone important and start a war with ricks group vs the kingdom

Also i want the ASZ to burn down during the war with negan i posted my idea for that somewhere.... but then rick with have to go to another place

slouvahkey

slouvahkey

Infected

• Members
I think ish 144 will be the end of the saviors arc. By that time Spencer will try to take control in Rick's absence, refuse tribute to Negan and Alexandria will be destroyed. Rick and crew will end up living in the kingdom. The saviors will be defeated by a massive swarm of zombies collected by the rebellion with loud alarms and Negan will be the first full panel zombie bite death in years.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Something

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

lol reading these predictions was fun

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Geez. Over a year ago. It's weird seeing how much my wants from the comic changed in that time. Issue 144 seems closer and closer now

It'll be cool if this is the thread that changes into the official prediction one once the cover is released  :D

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

it oughta

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
Thinking 144 will complete the character arc of Negan. Fitting way to end the compendium, and I'm thinking Negan is a current favorite to kill Rick while Carl is apprenticing under Sutton.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Negan will stage a rebellion along with Father Gabriel and other survivors. They force several of the survivors that actively took part it AOW out, and might even kill a couple to prove a point (Michonne or Andrea, as much as I would loathe to see them to). The next couple of volumes would be Rick and co. Planning their attempts to overthrow Negan, and it would be like the prison battle only Rick is "the Governor" this time round.

The only problem here is that Rick can barely walk, so maybe Magna/Maggie/Jesus/Dwight/Ezekiel takes his place.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Or Negan teaches them how to make ice cream and they have a picnic while Olivia braids Negan's hair with Ice cube's "Today was a good day" playing on a boombox.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Or Negan teaches them how to make ice cream and they have a picnic while Olivia braids Negan's hair with Ice cube's "Today was a good day" playing on a boombox.

Love it.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

Negan dying would be most likely. Seems like it will be rather uneventful from here on out, prepare for some SLOW issues. 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Negan dying would be most likely. Seems like it will be rather uneventful from here on out, prepare for some SLOW issues.

I disagree. Depending on what Kirkman does, he can make the issues extremely eventful and exciting. Supply run and food shortages, civil wars and Mother Nature can provide interesting plots and character development.

It would be a nice turn from the usual "group on run, find safe haven, deal with it's obstacles, battle against a larger force and kicked out their house", and then rinse and repeat. Kirkman broke the formula with the group winning AOW, and he needs to do something else than resort back to that.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

I disagree. Depending on what Kirkman does, he can make the issues extremely eventful and exciting. Supply run and food shortages, civil wars and Mother Nature can provide interesting plots and character development.

It would be a nice turn from the usual "group on run, find safe haven, deal with it's obstacles, battle against a larger force and kicked out their house", and then rinse and repeat. Kirkman broke the formula with the group winning AOW, and he needs to do something else than resort back to that.

Oh I think there will be some exciting issues here and there. Plus, like you said, depending on the way Kirkman writes things from here on out, it could be rather exciting. To me, however, it seems that there will be some slow build-up coming. I am not suggesting as slow as after "No Way Out" slow, but somewhat slow. It honestly depends on if Kirkman gives focus to other people over Rick, which I hope he does, because Rick is still a bit stale. 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Oh I think there will be some exciting issues here and there. Plus, like you said, depending on the way Kirkman writes things from here on out, it could be rather exciting. To me, however, it seems that there will be some slow build-up coming. I am not suggesting as slow as after "No Way Out" slow, but somewhat slow. It honestly depends on if Kirkman gives focus to other people over Rick, which I hope he does, because Rick is still a bit stale.

Agreed on that point. Characters like Gregory, Gabriel, Olivia, Aaron, Heath we still don't know anything about, not to mention Magna and the new survivors they've found. Plus the time jump had reset all the surviving characters back to step one. We don't know them anymore.

As much as I liked the concept of it, volume15 was painfully slow at times because nothing seemed to happen. I want another "The Calm Before", because it offered insight on the characters' everyday life without making it too boring and redundant. Something always happened, even on their "boring" days. And the characters being well developed and likeable didn't hurt either, something our current cast is lacking unfortunately.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!