Issue 144 Cover And Predictions

- - - - - 48 96 100 compendium

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Before you claim that Rick's biting the dust, just remember how everyone was convinced Rick would die in the war just because Magna was in #127's cover.

Some people thought he was going to die. Then again we realized kirkman was just trying to hold off showing any of the characters we know on covers so we couldn't tell who lived and died. It was a big deal though because Magna was introduced. I figure she'll have a big role sometime.

I Heart Penny

I Heart Penny

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Before you claim that Rick's biting the dust, just remember how everyone was convinced Rick would die in the war just because Magna was in #127's cover.

And everyone thought he was gonna die in 112 cause of the cover too...

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

I was going to say this is the point that Eugene science tests reveal Carl is not his child and he is a cuckold.
but the facial expressions are not soul destroying enough.

His ears and tip of noise is red and his forehead on his left is reddish smudge too, also he looks dirty
also he looks worried + apprehensive he is also hunched and head bowed.
he also appears to be outside.

Is that a light shining into his eyes , an approaching vehicle or the sun,

My guess he is a prisoner and is being interrogated.

Nailed it !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

I thought the cb radio part with Eugene in 143 was definitely interesting.. He sold himself as a scientist, communicating on a radio that didn't even work. 

Obviously we've seen that he is a very intelligent guy. It'd be really cool and kind of a full circle if he was able to get that cb radio working, and there happened to be someone he was able to communicate with. Interested to see what else happens with that.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I thought the cb radio part with Eugene in 143 was definitely interesting.. He sold himself as a scientist, communicating on a radio that didn't even work.

Obviously we've seen that he is a very intelligent guy. It'd be really cool and kind of a full circle if he was able to get that cb radio working, and there happened to be someone he was able to communicate with. Interested to see what else happens with that.

I was wondering why more people weren't talking about this. It seems like a small easter egg, he may be able to contact someone in the near future.

Then again i bet i'm wrong and he does nothing with it.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Who is he going to call ghostbusters ?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

Who is he going to call ghostbusters ?

CDR Tom Chandler, commanding officer of the USS Nathan James (DDG-151)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

I was wondering why more people weren't talking about this. It seems like a small easter egg, he may be able to contact someone in the near future.

Then again i bet i'm wrong and he does nothing with it.

Probably not for a while even if he did. I just think it would be cool for him to actually get it working and actually contact someone. Before he was lying, but now he's true to himself and showing how valuable he is to society. 

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Probably not for a while even if he did. I just think it would be cool for him to actually get it working and actually contact someone. Before he was lying, but now he's true to himself and showing how valuable he is to society. 

He has already proven he's valuable with his bullets and bread making skills...

...what if he's trying to rid of Rick and become the new one?  He already has a "wife" who's baby is from another man...

...what if that CB radio is their Carl?!

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

"Give them Bread and bullets..."

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

"Give them Bread and bullets..."

"...receive a girlfriend who's pregnant with someone else's kid"

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
Previews up

aaw

aaw

Infected

• Members
144 "involves some key moments in the series"? This book has been one big rolling troll ever since Negan appeared. Every month it's either a troll cliffhanger or one of these promo trolls from Kirkman & co.

I predict Maggie eats an old pastry at the fair and gets food poisoning, then Rick talks some tough-guy sass-talk to Alpha and the issue ends with a two-page spread of Alpha angrily shaking her finger at him.

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Previews up

Not sure what to think. last preview I assumed less panels/dialogue = something major happening.

and if it wasnt for last issue id be suspicious of a one panel preview.

Looks to me like Alphas brought Rick back to Carl n Carl's wondering why Rick's lost his fightin talk

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I feel the troll coming........

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

I think Ricks wake up call will be very real when he shares this with the communities.  I think we are going to have a really big death in this issue and hope its not Michonne as she just came back!   I really do hope it was Zeke though.  He in my opinion hasnt brought a lot to the walking dead table.  As for Eugene and his radio.  I am guessing he is going to do what the termites were doing and try to broadcast a message. I also think its pretty late to broadcast, but better late than never.  Maybe he is also looking to connect the communities in cases of emergencies.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Maybe Alpha did kill Michonne, Andrea and Dante. That'd be a pretty bold move to wipe out the only other remaining originals aside from Maggie. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

If we go by that troll cover with Michonne`s sword remember that she does not have the sword Zeke does.

I am sure with the happy face we seen on Zeke last he is going to get killed.

This would add more to the mix with a power vacuum opening up at the Kingdom.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Wasn't the last issue suppose to be a huge deal amd really the only thing we saw was a giant herd? A bit of use already thought the were keeping them anyway..

I'm going into this issue with very low expectations.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

Rick catches Carl and Lydia shagging (her hair looks slightly post-coitally mussed). He yells at them for not using protection.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Whether it's a troll or not remains to be seen, but I agree that Ezekiel dying would be interesting because it will create a power vacuum in all the communities.

Maggie already has Hilltop problems as we seen

Dwight has enough problems he wants to step down

Rick is going to have issues once the fair ends and the Whisperers become more widespread known

Ezekiel dying would lead to an election or a hostile takeover

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

Well I'm sure there were conversations between members of all communities about the execution of Gregory that will add another crack in the balance of power and stability. I think word of Maggie's decision will spread quite quickly. Should she be jailed like Negan? I wonder how complex their social charter really is. Is there a line of succession in the Kingdom?

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
I'm fairly certain we will get a major death in #144. Michonne, Andrea, and Dante are all high on the list of at-risk characters since they are currently under whisperer control, but I think the comic has hinted at many other possibilities.

I think it could easily be Zeke, Sophia, or even Eugene.

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY

"Key moment" doesn't necessarily mean a major death, I suppose.  It could some major reveal, or plot shift. 

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

"Key moment" doesn't necessarily mean a major death, I suppose.  It could some major reveal, or plot shift. 

Aliens?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!