Issue 144 Cover And Predictions

- - - - - 48 96 100 compendium

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Banned

300 + issues , Kirkman has stated he has at least that much planned out in advance.

Oh interesting, thanks :)

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members

There is a tagline -- it's an ellipsis, silence, pause, hesitation.

I'm guessing this is where Rick finds out about the Whisperers, and Carl's disappearance.

Maybe the pause is meant to be our reaction? If Rick does go, I'm sure we'll all be silent thinking, 'No way did Kirkman just do that.' Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

300 + issues , Kirkman has stated he has at least that much planned out in advance.

Which I still say is a number he just pulled out of his ass

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

Maybe the pause is meant to be our reaction? If Rick does go, I'm sure we'll all be silent thinking, 'No way did Kirkman just do that.' Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

That's entirely plausible, especially since this is apparently the end of compendium three. I hadn't realized that...! The previous two compendiums ended with jaw-droppers, so I wouldn't cross out the tagline being a nod to how the audience is supposed to feel after reading the issue. If that's the case, then my money's on Rick's death.

However, I feel somewhat confident in predicting that the ellipsis is more about Rick's reaction to troubling news, rather than us being in a state of disbelief. I'd theorize that either:

• Rick learns that Carl has decided to stay with the Whisperers.
  • Rick learns that Carl has started a war with the Whisperers.
  • Rick learns that Carl is dead.
  • Rick learns a vital new piece of mythology from Michonne.
  • Negan escapes and kills Eugene.
  • Gregory has caused Maggie's death.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

To be honest....if Rick died i wouldn't be surprised....the story seems to be more about Carl now. I think Rick will live until the end of the whisperers ( if he kills him) then it's Carl from then on.

If anything it's about hom finding out Carl is gone. He was already having problems with him leaving and now this. Too much to take in...atm.

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Banned

Which I still say is a number he just pulled out of his ass

How much longer do you see the comic going?

Svaldbard Seed Vault

Svaldbard Seed Vault

Infected

• Members
100% Rick's last issue.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

I kind of suspect Rick will survive this issue and the cover is more about him finding out about Carl joining The Whisperers, Gregory's execution, and Negan's escape all at the same time. However, I do see Rick dying six issues later to coincide with issue 150, since Kirkman will want to make it something to remember if it is indeed the halfway point of TWD (if it does go for exactly 300 issues that is) and it would serve as a nice transition to Carl being the new lead protagonist.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Surely rick will find out about Carl and everything at the fair next issue? 

Hope its not Ricks death, although I felt like the real Rick died when they did the time jump. Still not ready for it though.

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Also it looks like Ricks trimmed his beard quite a bit

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I kind of suspect Rick will survive this issue and the cover is more about him finding out about Carl joining The Whisperers, Gregory's execution, and Negan's escape all at the same time.

I think you may be right. At first I thought Negan's escape would be foiled but the x-factor of having ex-saviors in ASZ could aid him actually getting away.

I think the Carl - Lydia "marriage" or whatever the whisperer term is seems to be pretty obvious but I suppose there could be some kind of a twist.

With Gregory and Maggie - there's still lots to go wrong. You'd also have to assume Michonne's story is tied up in this issue somehow. She'll be at the fair, but how does she fit in with other arcs?

However, I do see Rick dying six issues later to coincide with issue 150, since Kirkman will want to make it something to remember if it is indeed the halfway point of TWD (if it does go for exactly 300 issues that is) and it would serve as a nice transition to Carl being the new lead protagonist.

I don't know about this one. I still think Rick is bulletproof.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

How much longer do you see the comic going?

Maybe 60 more issues. I see it stopping around issue 200

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Maybe 60 more issues. I see it stopping around issue 200

no way that is happening the comic sales are actually going up and the Walking Dead is always in the top ten best sellers list each week.

The only thing that stops this comic from continuing after 200 issues is if Kirkman dies.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationU.S.A.

Maybe Rick has to kill Negan in this issue. Finally fulfilling what he said in issue 100.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Sorry, Spratt. You're a slowpoke. A really smart and good-looking forum user made this thread two years ahead of you

http://www.roamersan...44-predictions/

Merge away, mods. And ban him for good measure

I hate the internet for making me put the "I'm kidding" disclaimer

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

I really don't want Rick to go, but I see this as just Kirkman trolling. Why do we even try to analyze these covers?

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members

I really don't want Rick to go, but I see this as just Kirkman trolling. Why do we even try to analyze these covers?

Sometimes they're legit but other times no. It's always a toss up.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

I was going to say this is the point that Eugene science tests reveal Carl is not his child and he is a cuckold.

but the facial expressions are not soul destroying enough.

His ears and tip of noise is red and his forehead on his left is reddish smudge too,  also he  looks dirty

also he looks worried + apprehensive he is also hunched and head bowed.

he also appears to be outside.

Is that a light shining into his eyes , an approaching vehicle or the sun,

My guess he is a prisoner and is being interrogated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Sorry, Spratt. You're a slowpoke. A really smart and good-looking forum user made this thread two years ahead of you

http://www.roamersan...44-predictions/

Merge away, mods. And ban him for good measure

I hate the internet for making me put the "I'm kidding" disclaimer

Merged for clarity when searching, plus I thought it would be interesting to see how any predictions from two years ago pan out. We'll save the bans for complete assholes, though.  ;) 

Jon is fine, dammit.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Or Negan teaches them how to make ice cream and they have a picnic while Olivia braids Negan's hair with Ice cube's "Today was a good day" playing on a boombox.

Seeing that this post was over half a year ago or so, your predictions of Olivia doing something with Negan's hair wasn't correct, but wasn't wrong too.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

hahaha

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

I don't think Negan would kill Rick immediately, but possibly kill Andrea to break Rick's spirit.  I would suspect Negan imprison Rick, but treat him more like a POW than an inmate.  Since Carl is following the Whisperers Rick needs to stay alive to give Carl a reason to return to ASZ.  I've been thinking maybe it will be Carl that kills Rick eventually, but perhaps more of a mercy killing.

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members

I don't think Negan would kill Rick immediately, but possibly kill Andrea to break Rick's spirit. I would suspect Negan imprison Rick, but treat him more like a POW than an inmate. Since Carl is following the Whisperers Rick needs to stay alive to give Carl a reason to return to ASZ. I've been thinking maybe it will be Carl that kills Rick eventually, but perhaps more of a mercy killing.

I think everyone is expecting Carl to eventually kill Rick, so Kirkman isn't gonna do it. Who knows though?

ChrisRealoaded

ChrisRealoaded

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSpain

I don't think Negan would kill Rick immediately, but possibly kill Andrea to break Rick's spirit.  I would suspect Negan imprison Rick, but treat him more like a POW than an inmate.  Since Carl is following the Whisperers Rick needs to stay alive to give Carl a reason to return to ASZ.  I've been thinking maybe it will be Carl that kills Rick eventually, but perhaps more of a mercy killing.

I'm also afraid for my lovely Andrea... I hope she doesn't die then and there.

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Before you claim that Rick's biting the dust, just remember how everyone was convinced Rick would die in the war just because Magna was in #127's cover.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!