Grand Theft Auto V

- - - - - Grand Theft Auto V GTA V Rockstar

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Who else is psyched for Grand Theft Auto V? I love me some GTA and just Rockstar games in general. They are one of the best developers in the industry today and this is looking to be the best GTA ever. My body is ready.

Features:

• Game world based on Los Angeles and southern California that is bigger than GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined
  • Three playable protagonist characters that players can switch between at any time
  • Owning property returns
  • Customizable cars
  • Player customization (haircuts, tattoos, clothes, etc. Not full, i.e. facial, customization.)
  • Weapon customization
  • Character-specific special abilities, such as slowing down time while shooting (ala Red Dead and Max Payne) and slowing down time while driving
  • A story revolving around heist missions that players get to plan out and execute with the help of player-chosen hired goons
  • Shooting controls are more like Max Payne 3 than GTA IV
  • Fully explorable underwater areas that can be accessed with small submersibles or scuba gear
  • Sharks, dogs, mountain lions and other animals are in the game
  • Stranger side missions return from GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption
  • In addition to radio station music, there will be an original dynamic score that plays during missions and adapts to the action (reminds me of Ocarina of Time)
  • Online multiplayer
  • For Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 (no announcements yet about PC, Wii U, PS4 or Xbox 720 releases yet.)
  • Release date: September 17, 2013

Trailer 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

Trailer 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Character Trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38HiYPMiI

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
As is to be expected from Rockstar, the story will most likely be superb. Am I psyched? Not really. I know it will be a good game, but I don't get as excited for releases as I used to. I'll buy it once it drops in price, being the Cheap McBroke that I am.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
They need to announce a special edition so I can preorder it.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

As is to be expected from Rockstar, the story will most likely be superb. Am I psyched? Not really. I know it will be a good game, but I don't get as excited for releases as I used to. I'll buy it once it drops in price, being the Cheap McBroke that I am.

I wish I wasn't the type to get hyped up so easily. Usually I avoid buying into it in this day and age, what with video game industry PR exaggerations and fabrications, delays and cancellations, but Rockstar is damn good at feeding the hype machine. I don't think I've been so hyped for a game since Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
This would be very difficult but I always wanted a GTA with destructable environments. Like, you shoot a building with a rocket launcher and it actually crumbles apart

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
I was more excited about South Park: Stick of Truth, than any other game coming out this year including GTA V. But since SP:SoT has been delay till only god knows when. I guess GTA V will have to do, in the mean time. GTA 3 changed the face of gaming, and welcomed the open world style of play that a lot of games have used. GTA 3 / Vice City / San Andreas were the "TITS" but GTA IV, lagged hard and was the worst of the GTA games (After gta3). I hope that GTA 5, brings back what made GTA San Andreas so great.... 3 main characters seem like over kill to me, I guess we will see.

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
This will be the game release of the year for me.

GTA IV was good but it was just not there. It didnt seem right. San Andreas was amazing.

Im not sure about the 3 characters though...

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I'm not ashamed to say I'm hyped about it. I've had mine on pre-order for the longest time. The character development looks great and I really like the 3 different playable characters. The city is going to be massive, I heard it took someone 30 mins real time to go from the outside edge to the center. Geez, I hope that's an over estimate. But GTA really changed the way we look at open world sand box games. I'm also hoping for a killer track of music, GTA has been known for that in the past.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Definitely pumped for the game. San Andreas was my favorite thus far and I'm stoked that they're going back to it with this one. IV was okay and honestly I never finished it. Maybe I will someday, but the story just wasn't doing it for me as much.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

This would be very difficult but I always wanted a GTA with destructable environments. Like, you shoot a building with a rocket launcher and it actually crumbles apart

That would be cool. I don't see it happening on a big scale any time soon. Maybe for GTA 6. I'm optimistic that there will at least be destructible trees in this game. In GTA IV, driving a big-ass APC tank at full speed and then being halted to a complete stop by a small tree was profoundly annoying.

I was more excited about South Park: Stick of Truth, than any other game coming out this year including GTA V. But since SP:SoT has been delay till only god knows when. I guess GTA V will have to do, in the mean time. GTA 3 changed the face of gaming, and welcomed the open world style of play that a lot of games have used. GTA 3 / Vice City / San Andreas were the "TITS" but GTA IV, lagged hard and was the worst of the GTA games (After gta3). I hope that GTA 5, brings back what made GTA San Andreas so great.... 3 main characters seem like over kill to me, I guess we will see.

I hope Obsidian doesn't disappoint with Stick of Truth. It looks promising so far. I'm really digging what I hear about Paper Mario-esque gameplay.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members

Definitely pumped for the game. San Andreas was my favorite thus far and I'm stoked that they're going back to it with this one. IV was okay and honestly I never finished it. Maybe I will someday, but the story just wasn't doing it for me as much.

Same with me. I felt the story was going no where. Just "Kill him" and "Kill him" and "Follow him". The story wasnt very good.

If it does take 30 minutes to go from the edge of the map to the city then that will be amazing! Only if that is time in a car. With a plane that shouldnt take too long...

ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Lurker

• Members
Bring it on Rockstar Games, my body is ready.
I can't believe you got him! You expert rooting-tooting, eagle-eyed, goth loving marksman! I love it. You managed to find a way to win. And everybody still loses!

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
Here's an interesting read. IGN posted an article on the history of GTA. It's all about the inspiration, development, and pitfalls.
http://www.ign.com/a...nd-theft-auto-2

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Interesting article. I didn't know some of that stuff. Like how Rockstar developed Body Harvest and that Nintendo was publishing it instead of Midway.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
Really hope this is an improvement on IV. Not saying it was bad but it was a little too depressing and realistic...I don't want to go bowling with my fat cousin, I want to blow shit up and mow down hookers with golf carts.
Tread Lightly

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
What were some of your favorite moments in any of the GTA games? I have to say one of mine is in GTA IV when Niko gets drunk on one of the first missions and you had to drive home with the screen moving around.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

What were some of your favorite moments in any of the GTA games? I have to say one of mine is in GTA IV when Niko gets drunk on one of the first missions and you had to drive home with the screen moving around.

Beating people to death with a double ended "toy".

Driving through the "Mojave Desert" on San Andreas to Horse With No Name.
Tread Lightly

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
[media='[/media]
Tread Lightly

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
I'm surprised people are posting vidyas of GTA IV missions being their favourite. I thought it was the more boring game out of the series. Vice City being the best..though that is subjective and everybody has their own favourite.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Vice City was my favorite game out of the bunch but 4 has the biggest city and best graphics out of the series so it also holds a place in my nerd heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=698n5RR8ZeU

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
San Andreas is my favourite. Still play it.
Tread Lightly

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!