Judith Should Have Died

- - - - - Judith baby season 4

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Many may hate me for this thread, and its nothing against babies, its against the creation and treatment of this particular character in the show.
I’m wondering how they are going to handle baby Judith. When Lori was pregnant I thought for sure the baby would be still born because the writers would either not give attention needed to the circumstances associated with a newborn in the ZA. So far Judith has been the perfect baby “eats like a horse, sleeps like a rock” they have gone on runs to get formula diapers, clothes. Going forward each time the baby needs more things the “runs” are going to take the characters further and further from home base as they start clearing out what’s closest to the prison.
I personally don’t think the “baby” story line will work. They will either keep it going as it is kind of in the background, a reason to go for a run, or they may start to devote more time to the baby and neglect other characters. Is the show going to make mention of the baby teething, getting sick, growing out of cloths? I think if you are going to commit to something like a newborn in any kind of apocalyptical world the difficulties should be shown associated with it. Some may say well 200 years ago women did fine, but who in that group knows what women did 200 years ago to accommodate a baby’s needs?

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I don't hate you for this thread. If Judith were to die I wish it would have been in season 3. As soon as she starts to become my baby niece and nephew type things. I will be so upset when she dies. I don't see another option. Once the baby outgrows being replaced by different actors time jumps will be a MAJOR problem for the little actress that will play Judith.

I don't see many options for Judith besides death, as much as I don't want her to die I think she will

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

I don't hate you for this thread. If Judith were to die I wish it would have been in season 3. As soon as she starts to become my baby niece and nephew type things. I will be so upset when she dies. I don't see another option. Once the baby outgrows being replaced by different actors time jumps will be a MAJOR problem for the little actress that will play Judith.

I don't see many options for Judith besides death, as much as I don't want her to die I think she will

I know what you mean, my Godson isn't 6 months yet, I Love him like crazy, but I do see how much work and attention they need. I feel that if they are going to have a baby on the show it deserves more attention (story-wise) so we can see how the group is coping, but then that means cutting time from other characters, which is why I think it was a bad call for the baby to survive. If she dies later on its gonna be so overwhelming, unless they are saving that as a plot device to bring Carl and Rick back together after a season of fighting.

Viridiana

Viridiana

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPoland
At some point she probably will but think about it, we probably have a whole season or at least its first half before the prison story arc ends. "Stuff" about Judith like mentioned teeth or illness can add something to the plot and don't forget the Arthi-someting granny who surely is an expert at "what women did 200 years ago" and will be an asset to the team ;)

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Yay Arthritis Granny is becoming a forum sensation :P. She could become Judiths new caretaker now that Beth will probably be killing zombies a lot more often considering were a few fighters down

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Many things could be solved if someone would just get into a stimulation induced lactation. At least as far as feeding is concerned. If they had proper washing facilities, there would be no diaper runs, either. That doesn't solve the casting issues w/ a growing child tho.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
As long as they have a relatively safe home, like the prison, I think Judith can be protected just like everyone else. I also think TPTB could keep her protected as a replacement for Carl. I know many people think Carl can't be killed and I used to, but not anymore. TPTB have shown with Lori and Andrea that the days are numbered for those characters hated by a large portion of the fanbase. Many people expressed their dislike of S1/S2 Carl. People didn't start to like him until he became more badass. TBH, I still don't care for him all that much. However, Andrea has shown that being a badass won't necessarily save you and Carl's new storyline of wanting to kill every potential threat that comes along may alienate some fans. If this happens, I can see TPTB killing Carl, especially with Judith still around. Judith could be Rick's reason to go on, if Carl dies.

I also think Judith could add some much needed suspense to upcoming story lines, something very much lacking in S3. They could be enjoyable scenes if they take this opportunity to demonstrate the other characters resourcefulness and badassery. So, I don't think they have to kill Judith off if they do her story right. The question is: Will they do her story right?

Also, with Judith being so small, they can cast a different actress for her after they find the perfect fit. All they would need is a time jump between seasons. They can't do that as successfully with Carl.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I might be in the minority but I think having a baby in the storyline could be very interesting. I don't know if she will die in season 4, but if she doesn't I won't be upset.

We have not seen a baby in the comics for any prolonged amount of time, so it would be an entirely fresh storyline for the tv show and I think the writers are smart enough to find a way to incorporate the baby into the storyline.

They're lucky they're in the prison. On the road, a baby could be the deadliest part of the group.

JHamilton

JHamilton

S-mart Employee

• Members
As much as I like the dynamic that Judith brings to the group, she will be a difficult character to have around. Its not just about the protecting, caring for and raising of Judith, and the fact that IMO protecting her will lead to the death of at least one of the beloved characters that have already been established. Also logistically its kind of a nightmare production wise, having to get actors and the keeping up with the ageing progress. I think that she will eventually become a pivotal point in Carls development as well, as we see him going down a dark road now she has the potential to be someone who either brings him back from that through protecting her, send him farther by dying, or even his death.

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
Education would be interesting too. How much time would they have to teach her to read and write?

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
Does anyone know of a show or movie that did deal with raising a baby in a post-apocalyptic environment? What happened there?

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
Hopefully Judith survives to be a moody 13 year old teenager who now hates rick
and sulks in her cell. It would be fun watching rick deal with this situation in between herd attacks and bandit raids

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
I think in s4 we may see a core group stay at prison and then another group of three or so head off on an extended road trip to check something out

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
a baby based sub story arc, would be reDICKuless. Going on runs for baby needs, and dealing with a teething baby and dealing with ear aches and all the other BULLSHIT that comes with taking care of a new born is an awful idea. There is a reason that RK, killed off Shane's bastard baby, because dealing with a newborn is BULLSHIT. As a parent of 3 boys, 9/5/1 year olds, I don't wanna watch a show about dealing with baby shit, NOPE! I deal with all that shit, in real life. I don't want that in my Comic/Tv shows. There are already a bunch of kids in TWD story. Keeping Shane's bastard B, for "Plot" reasons is a VERY dumb idea!

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I thought Judith may have been the first zombie baby on TWD by s3 end but PTB went into a different direction (I'm a bit tired of seeing empty car seats in the cars stuck on the highways). As there were a few other kids that were on the bus during season ender then Judith will have a few others to interact with for awhile as she will be a bit older when the next season starts. As this season seems to be the divorcing point between graphic novel and tv series now seems to be Judiths time to thrive and survive.

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNew Zealand
I have little interest in any future Judith story lines.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Judith may not be the only baby on the show since that WB citizen, like Lori, was about to pop in episode 3. Either her child was born off camera or a pregnant woman could have been among the WB citizens on the bus. Unless that child died, Judith would not be the only baby to contend with.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
Trying to keep a baby alive in the za especially without their mom, is a really horrifying task. Glen & maggies run is what started the conflict between woodbury and the prison, and got michonne into the prison, so the baby supply runs can lead to more interesting things. I'm not sure where they'll go with it, I thought for sure that both judith and lori would die during childbirth, but I could see them making amc judith suffer the same fate as comicbook judith....also newborn bullshit? REALLY? At least it'll be a few years before she gets characters killed by running around like a dumbass. If they can't keep a baby alive they all may as well drink the koolaid.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Judith may not be the only baby on the show since that WB citizen, like Lori, was about to pop in episode 3. Either her child was born off camera or a pregnant woman could have been among the WB citizens on the bus. Unless that child died, Judith would not be the only baby to contend with.

You can see a woman holding a baby when the Woodburians are getting off the bus. It's probably the same baby, is my guess.

I don't think having Judith around is a bad thing. I actually think she is great for the group's morale, really giving them all a piece of hope. I also thinks it makes for good story, adding extra challenges in an already difficult situation, keeping her safe and healthy.

I don't think we will see a lot of "baby shit" like changing diapers, etc. We know all that stuff is done off-camera, so it's not like it's going to become a kid's show or something. Judith has already spent most of her time in the background, and she's been pretty safe behind the prison walls, so there hasn't been a really realistic way for her to die yet. I'm okay with it (though I'd be quite saddened) if she does die, so as long as it's good for the plot and makes sense and not cheap shock value. If done right, it could be good for Rick and Carl's development, but I just as much feel like keeping her around also provides plenty of good storyline opportunities.

I guess the only major problem with keeping her is a behind the scenes issue. Kids get big fast and she could end up looking much different from season to season, possibly portrayed by multiple kid actresses, but with the show's time jumps I think it's still feasible to work around.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
I don't hate you, sis!!

personally I have less than zero interest in a baby on the show. I have a kid and I'm not heartless, but I hope Judith dies asap. they are not in a part of this whole story where things are stable enough for a baby and I don't want any minute of the show to revolve around her. I'm guessing we see the last of her in the midseason finale.

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Zvivor

Zvivor

Lurker

• Members

. There is a reason that RK, killed off Shane's bastard baby, because dealing with a newborn is BULLSHIT.... I don't wanna watch a show about dealing with baby shit, NOPE! I deal with all that shit, in real life. I don't want that in my Comic/Tv shows. There are already a bunch of kids in TWD story. Keeping Shane's bastard B, for "Plot" reasons is a VERY dumb idea!

"Shane's bastard baby" -- LOL. Did Rick pay you to write this?

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
Technically She is an orphan now not a bastard

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Until a DNA test is run, there's no way to accurately ascertain if Judith is Shane's or Ricks.

Having a baby does throw an interesting dynamic and element of danger into the mix. But as mentioned, as long as they stay in the prison the baby should be alright. She has both Carol and Beth looking out for her. Carol is an experienced mother and probably loves the idea of a "do-over" since she lost Sophia.
If you all remember Full House, the Olsen twins practically grew up on the show in front of our eyes. They were months old when they were first cast and lasted until they were about 8 or 9 years old by the show's end. There's no reason why they couldn't do the same with Judith.
The writers also have to contend with the idea of killing an infant on the show. Even doing so "off-screen" (Rick comes back from a run finding out that Judith is dead by... whatever!) is controversial... but then the show has been that already to the extreme.
Spoiler

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

DwarfToss

DwarfToss

Infected

• Members
Hopefully they don't time lapse again to the season 4 premier only to have us find that she's ten years old.

Logan5

Logan5

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • LocationThe Endless River

As long as they have a relatively safe home, like the prison, I think Judith can be protected just like everyone else. I also think TPTB could keep her protected as a replacement for Carl. I know many people think Carl can't be killed and I used to, but not anymore. TPTB have shown with Lori and Andrea that the days are numbered for those characters hated by a large portion of the fanbase. Many people expressed their dislike of S1/S2 Carl. People didn't start to like him until he became more badass. TBH, I still don't care for him all that much. However, Andrea has shown that being a badass won't necessarily save you and Carl's new storyline of wanting to kill every potential threat that comes along may alienate some fans. If this happens, I can see TPTB killing Carl, especially with Judith still around. Judith could be Rick's reason to go on, if Carl dies.

I also think Judith could add some much needed suspense to upcoming story lines, something very much lacking in S3. They could be enjoyable scenes if they take this opportunity to demonstrate the other characters resourcefulness and badassery. So, I don't think they have to kill Judith off if they do her story right. The question is: Will they do her story right?

Also, with Judith being so small, they can cast a different actress for her after they find the perfect fit. All they would need is a time jump between seasons. They can't do that as successfully with Carl.

Nice post. I agree about Carl, I have never liked the character, or perhaps it is the way the actor is playing him. Either way no tears shed if he bites the dust. And I would go easy on the "I know many people think Carl can't be killed" kind of stuff :) , we all know no one is safe. Except of course the daring of writers , TG, apparently he can do anything. Totally agree about Carl and his "kill every potential threat" storyline but prefer the Judith storyline end as soon as possible.

Logan

259e5p1.jpg

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!