Andrea - It Kind Of Makes Sense

Comic Spoilers

KillThemWalkers

KillThemWalkers

Lurker

• Members
I really liked Andrea on the show. She had an interesting story line this season and I was very sad to see her get killed off. But I'm actually not too surprised. In the comic she is very one dimensional. She is the good shot, but that's about it. Even the recent storyline with her and Rick has been kind of blah... In the comic, I think it works because there are only so many square panels in an issue. Its cool to see her line up her shot and make her kill.

But, as a likeable tv character needs more dimension than Andrea had. Maybe they'll introduce a new female character to take over Andrea's long term spot.

Do you think the re-shoots that Gimple did for the last episode was to kill off Andrea where she originally survived in the Mazarra version?

justvic77

justvic77

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Actually I'm pretty sure the original shoot was Andrea not getting out of her cuffs. The Reshoots were for her to get free somewhat, and have her goodbye with Rick & Co.

A few stills have emerged that look to support this.
Also I don't seem to recall Andrea having a chain wrapped around her either.
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof

Actually I'm pretty sure the original shoot was Andrea not getting out of her cuffs. The Reshoots were for her to get free somewhat, and have her goodbye with Rick & Co.

A few stills have emerged that look to support this.
Also I don't seem to recall Andrea having a chain wrapped around her either.

See now why the hell wouldn't they use that? That looks so bad ass man! Didn't Dallas earn this scene? I mean this would have been the peak of that character but no. Instead his hard work is rewarded with........... no you're just dead now and Andrea has a moment with everyone.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
^ To be fair I think Laurie earned a scene a bit more pleasing to her, after being forced to continue with Woodbury plots despite being hated and sent death threats. The above would have been darker and grittier, but not really a fair end for Andrea for her fans to be honest who are being cheated out of seeing her comic storylines come to life later down the line.

.And she wanted Andrea to go out fighting - not just sitting there whislt a dying Milton attempts to strangle her with a chain.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
There are quite a few threads about Andrea's death, here is one of the most established ones and you can pick up the discussion there. :)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!