Biggest Kirkman Troll Cliffhangers?

- - - - - robert kirkman cliffhanger issue

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
I want to know what you guys think the biggest trolling cliffhangers that the trollmaster has ever pulled are. I think issue 47 is notable where we were led to believe Alice was a traitor (thank God she wasn't but she died anyway), issue 53 where Eugene said he knew how everything started and then shrugged it off next issue, issue 83, not because of Carl's 'death', but because of how easily the herd was dispatched. I guess you could argue that's a turning point in the series where zombies aren't a threat anymore but whatever. Lucille is coming is another notable one and I think issue 106 where nothing happened to Carl is another one to mention. Thoughts?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
"Lucille is coming" by far the worst troll ever

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
"Lucille is coming" is the biggest troll, but not the biggest troll cliffhanger.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
Finding out Eugene was full of it sucked. "Wait til you see what I did to your son"=longest month ever! I joined this forum because of this cliffhanger. I was hoping y'all would know.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Carl getting shot the first time

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Dwight being captured.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Jesus watching Alexandria.....

Savior mentioning "Paul`s group".....

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Finding out Eugene was full of it sucked. "Wait til you see what I did to your son"=longest month ever! I joined this forum because of this cliffhanger. I was hoping y'all would know.

I joined this forum because of that cliffhanger, too! At the very least Negan could've spanked him. What a load of crap

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Wiltshire estates snow falling off sign ....... ALL DEAD DO NOT ENTER

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
The prison "hey you guys........want some meatloaf?"

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I'm so happy that he didn't hurt Carl, if he had, I would've stopped reading, but I really thought he was going to try to raise Carl as his mini Negan....side note the ambigious parental threats were always the worst.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Susie and Rachel decapitated

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I'm so happy that he didn't hurt Carl, if he had, I would've stopped reading, but I really thought he was going to try to raise Carl as his mini Negan....side note the ambigious parental threats were always the worst.

Carl is the main character he aint going nowhere.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

Wiltshire estates snow falling off sign ....... ALL DEAD DO NOT ENTER

That was great! I love the origin of that sign!
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
"its a helicopter" issue 25

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
"RICKS BEEN SHOT" issue 44

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

Susie and Rachel decapitated

That was brutal. The twin zombie girl heads were horrible and the realization that everyone comes back sucked so bad, I was soooo shocked, my profile pic is from a cup of tea I had at a coffee shop on the day that I read that volume.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Rick takes the phone - issue 51

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Maggie hanging herself - issue 55

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
The hunters watching the group - issue 61

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Carl tells Rick he killed Ben - issue 66

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Douglas Monroe getting pissed about Alexander Davidson - issue 70

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Rick saying they will just take Alexandria - issue 71

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Morgan being bitten - issue 81

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Rick kissing Andrea - issue 90

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!