They're Already Infected!?

- - - - - Infection survival ricky jenner

untilmyreign

untilmyreign

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon
I really hate this plot twist. I've just finished season 1 & 2 but what is the point of the whole show if they're already infected? I mean, why didn't Rick just let them die and die peacefully? I really hate this, was Jenner perhaps lying?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I really hate this plot twist. I've just finished season 1 & 2 but what is the point of the whole show if they're already infected? I mean, why didn't Rick just let them die and die peacefully? I really hate this, was Jenner perhaps lying?

Welcome to the forums.

We've already seen people turn who have died but haven't been bitten so it is an established fact that eveyone is indeed infected.

untilmyreign

untilmyreign

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon
How did they get infected exactly? No scratches or bites?!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

How did they get infected exactly? No scratches or bites?!

Before I go any further, I want to ask if you are up to date with the current episodes. I don't want to spoil anything for you.

untilmyreign

untilmyreign

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon
I don't really care about spoilers so don't worry and I am on the first episode of season 3. I'm a newbie, if you will.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members

I don't really care about spoilers so don't worry and I am on the first episode of season 3. I'm a newbie, if you will.

At a guess the virus is airborne. It went into the air and everyone is infected with it. However the virus is in two parts...

Virus 1: Everyone is infected with a virus. No matter how you dioe you become a walker. (Unless you die by head trauma)

Virus 2: You are infected by being bit / scratched, this virus kill you. After you die virus 1 brings you back as a walker.

untilmyreign

untilmyreign

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon
Ah. I got confused because I thought that they would all just randomly turn. What's the point of breeding then? There is no way out

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members

Ah. I got confused because I thought that they would all just randomly turn. What's the point of breeding then? There is no way out

No, they wont randomly turn :D If people could randomly turn then you would be safer living on your own.

Everyone is already infected but are babys infected? And even if you are infected you can still live a good life. Just make sure someone has a gun ready when you die.

untilmyreign

untilmyreign

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon
That is true but if the disease is airborne then surely babies will get it to, either that or the mother will pass it on to the baby. I know but there is no way out, the disease is always going to be there unless they find a cure but the scientists fled and now Herschel is bitten so they don't have a doctor. So eventually everyone will be one. I mean they have to get overrun at some point...

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members

That is true but if the disease is airborne then surely babies will get it to, either that or the mother will pass it on to the baby. I know but there is no way out, the disease is always going to be there unless they find a cure but the scientists fled and now Herschel is bitten so they don't have a doctor. So eventually everyone will be one. I mean they have to get overrun at some point...

And this is the part where you watch the rest of the season and I dont give you spoilers ;)

untilmyreign

untilmyreign

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLondon
Damn. Thank you anyway!

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members

Damn. Thank you anyway!

Glad I helped... And because I cant help that doesnt mean you can read the Season 3 forum :P

Join in some discussions in the season 3 forum when you have watched it...

I will see you there!

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Eventually new burial rituals will have to be observed so that people who die will be "taken care of" so to not turn. Otherwise as previously stated, they can have a regular (if not normal) life. Those who die and turn before they're taken care of will just be one of the occasional hazards of their day to day lives.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
That is why it is called "The Walking Dead" :P

Viridiana

Viridiana

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPoland
Say 20 years have passed and they have reestablished the society, they should plant a minibomb in every newborn's brain that would do a small boom, destroying the brain when discovering the person's been dead, for, say, 5 minutes. And everyone should lock themselves in their room at night, so that they wouldn't die and turn in their sleep and then eat their relatives.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
How nice, the thought that a bomb could malfuntion blowing your head up.

Nice...

zombieland

zombieland

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHouston
Yeah this plot point doesn't make a lot of sense and I feel like they could have done without it.
It's confusing.
So, everyone is a carrier of this virus. Every living, breathing human being has this disease. So... Why when you get bitten/scratched by a walker do you suddenly become one? Don't you already have the virus? That's like having the flu, and while you have the flu, someone else who has the same strain flu as you sneezes on you. Um, so what? I already have it. Can't get it twice.
Or if you have AIDS, you can't be infected twice, cos guess what? After the first time, I already had it.
Just makes NO sense to me whatsoever.
I think they'd have done better to make it so the survivors were somehow immune to it. I know that would ruin a lot of the drama of the show, but hey, zombies are pretty dangerous w/o the whole becoming a zombie thing. Just being eaten alive is pretty wicked bad. That's enough to make me wanna run fast and carry a big gun!
anyways, it's silly to debate the science of a make-believe virus. But honestly, I feel like even for make-believe, that's a pretty weak plot, making it so everyone is infected and will become a walker once they die. Really weak.
Oh, this Twinkie thing, it ain't over yet.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members

At a guess the virus is airborne. It went into the air and everyone is infected with it. However the virus is in two parts...

Virus 1: Everyone is infected with a virus. No matter how you dioe you become a walker. (Unless you die by head trauma)

Virus 2: You are infected by being bit / scratched, this virus kill you. After you die virus 1 brings you back as a walker.

The person above...

This should explain.

Viridiana

Viridiana

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPoland

How nice, the thought that a bomb could malfuntion blowing your head up.

Nice...

Yeah maybe but everything could malfunction in your organism and not only kill you but also make you a walker, no?

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Everyone has the virus, but it is in a dormant state while they are alive. After death is when it mutates and takes control of the body. Possibly, the virus becomes more deadly or infectious after the mutation process.

The other theory is that bites don't give you the zombie virus, it just leads to a bad infection (from the rotting flesh and maggots in a walkers mouth which kills you, then you turn after you die. But that leaves the question as to why fresh zombies, like a person who had literally just turned, could bite someone and they'd still get the fever.

howboutthoseos

howboutthoseos

Infected

• Members
My wife and I recently discovered the show and watched seasons 1 and 2 in a span of a week. Wow - what a show! This topic has been bothering me since I scrolled through this forum, but it occurs to me that the doors is still open for the writers to build in a future cure that would cure carriers (ie all of humanity, which is apparently carrying the disease and will turn after death) even if it wouldn't protect against the dangers of a bite or bring back existing zombies to living humanity. In this scenario, theoretically humanity could survive by killing off all existing zombies. Thoughts?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

My wife and I recently discovered the show and watched seasons 1 and 2 in a span of a week. Wow - what a show! This topic has been bothering me since I scrolled through this forum, but it occurs to me that the doors is still open for the writers to build in a future cure that would cure carriers (ie all of humanity, which is apparently carrying the disease and will turn after death) even if it wouldn't protect against the dangers of a bite or bring back existing zombies to living humanity. In this scenario, theoretically humanity could survive by killing off all existing zombies. Thoughts?

I think the trip that Rick and Co. made to the CDC was to tell the audience that we aren't going to get answers (and I'm ok with that), but I could be wrong.

howboutthoseos

howboutthoseos

Infected

• Members

I think the trip that Rick and Co. made to the CDC was to tell the audience that we aren't going to get answers (and I'm ok with that), but I could be wrong.

I'm OK with that too. My main point is that I disagree with the OP regarding "what's the point of the whole show..." because in theory, the door is still open for there to be a cure for the carriers.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I'm OK with that too. My main point is that I disagree with the OP regarding "what's the point of the whole show..." because in theory, the door is still open for there to be a cure for the carriers.

I disagree with the OP, but for different reasons. I think it's about survival in an extremely bleak world. The door may still be open for a cure, like you said, but I hope not.

Ashley J Williams

Ashley J Williams

Infected

• Members
I think It's pretty simple, really. When you die, you come back. I was surprised this was such a big revelation tbh. If you watch ANY Romero zombie flick, anybody that dies, for whatever reason, becomes a zombie. Romero also did the amputation staves off infection thing in Day Of The Dead

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!