Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 Cameo Wishlist (Comic Spoilers)

Telltale Season 2 Cameo wishlist Glenn Hershel Woodbury Governor Abraham Lilly

kill3r

kill3r

Infected

• Members

Would rather not have tv cameos. That's what Daryl's game was for.

Anyways, i would love to see Abe and his group too. Maybe even Tyreese, Julie and Chris before meeting up with Rick. And just out of pure bias, I would love to see Axel since he's my favorite :P

Morgan is another I'd love to see. We never got to see too much of him even after he rejoined the group and he's also one of my favorites so seeing him would be great. It was mentioned that Morgan had killed some people to keep him and Duane safe so it would be an interesting twist if someone in your group gets killed by Morgan because they were threatening him or Morgan felt they were a threat. Would be a...different take on him, seeing him as a villain of sorts. Definitely heartbreaking because we know Morgan is a good man.

I think it would also be cool to see Martinez. We never saw much of him but if i remember correct he said he was in a school that was marked as a safezone before ending up in Woodbury, so it would be interesting to be in the school before and after it gets overrun by zombies and your group barely gets out of there.

Dr. Stevens and Alice would be nice to see back too. I'd like to see Dale or Jim too, just as a nice throwback to olden times :3 seeing Otis and Patricia at Wiltshire Estates would be cool too i guess, since they were there before going with Hershel. And Aaron and Eric.

I have a pretty big wishlist for cameos, but there's so many potential backstories they could explore ;-;

I'm Prety sure the game is like7 or 8 months in around the time the group is fighting Woodbury also I would love to see the ruins of the prison or even Hershel's abandoned farm

Bitergram

Bitergram

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I want to know what happened to Glenn, unless there is some continuity between the mediums all we know is he went on a supply run.

Cameos would be cool but I want new perspectives.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I want to know what happened to Glenn, unless there is some continuity between the mediums all we know is he went on a supply run.

Cameos would be cool but I want new perspectives.

The game and the comics are in the same universe, so Glenn wound up with Rick's group as he did in the comics.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
The beauty of season 1 was that the core characters were new. I don't want a heavy involvement from characters I'm already familiar with and have already formed an opinion on. I was swept away by Lee and Clem in the first series.
Tread Lightly

KingEzekiel

KingEzekiel

Infected

• Members

One of the developers said in an interview that they're looking at the possibility of incorporating TV characters into the game. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I like the game being in the same universe as the comics. Maybe I'd be okay with certain TV characters showing up, as long as they were alternate versions of them so as not to ruin the continuity. Like, if T Dog appeared, but had never met Rick's group, etc., I guess that'd be okay, but it's almost like, what's the point? It's iffy territory. I wouldn't want the game to become a third alternate TWD universe, with as much as I loved how the game and the comics were in the same world.

I wouldn't mind seeing Abe, Eugene and Rosita appear. An Alexandrian like Heath, Eric etc. would also be great, since we know not much of their back stories and it'd be nice to learn more about them.

It'd be neat if there were some quick cameo of a main character, like Michonne or Rick on a run, or Dale's RV or Governor's tank driving past. Like maybe they'd see them in the distance through binoculars or something, but they are gone before you can get their attention (or you choose to not approach). That's probably the only way a major character could appear. The bad guys are possible, too. It'd be interesting and scary if the cannibal hunters picked off a number or two of your group. I'm not sure what the timeline is for season 2, so the possibilities depend on that.

While they are still in Georgia in the game, though, I'd love to see an appearance of an iconic location, like the prison after it's been destroyed, or Wiltshire Estates (only this time they see the warning sign and keep on going).

I completely agree with this.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
I just wish they would hurry up & release season 2! I get the feeling Zombie Kenny will make an appearance
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I just wish they would hurry up & release season 2! I get the feeling Zombie Kenny will make an appearance

I'm getting antsy as well. I haven't heard any updates recently on Season 2. But I'm also getting the feeling we will see Zombie Kenny.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
"Telltale plans to tie Season 2 in closer with the television adaptation of The Walking Dead, and is investigating the possibility of creating ties between characters in the television show and those in Season 2"

Ugh...

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Fuck that^^
I Believe In Rick Grimes

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

"Telltale plans to tie Season 2 in closer with the television adaptation of The Walking Dead, and is investigating the possibility of creating ties between characters in the television show and those in Season 2"

Ugh...

It can't actually tie in with the TV series, as it's already set in the comic universe. There will probably just be some nods to the TV series, that's all.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
They will probably put TV original characters into the game. No big ones like Merle or Daryl. Smaller characters like Oscar and Jimmy.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

They will probably put TV original characters into the game. No big ones like Merle or Daryl. Smaller characters like Oscar and Jimmy.

But it would destroy the entire premise that this game is canon

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

But it would destroy the entire premise that this game is canon

Oh yeah I know that, I never said I would be cool with them doing this. However this is probably what they will do. I hope that they just scrap the whole concept, as it will just tick people off to know end.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
Telltale's game takes place in the continuity of the comic books. Don't worry about TV characters showing up, their writers are good enouh to come up with their own awesome characters.

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members

Telltale's game takes place in the continuity of the comic books. Don't worry about TV characters showing up, their writers are good enouh to come up with their own awesome characters.

I hope so... but after all the spin off tv show and the "last minute" 2 books fo "the fall of governor" there are so many changes in order to get more $$$ ... so since the Tv Show is more popular than the comic book it wont suprise me they would like to ad tv show characters just to make it more "commercial"

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

I hope so... but after all the spin off tv show and the "last minute" 2 books fo "the fall of governor" there are so many changes in order to get more $$$ ... so since the Tv Show is more popular than the comic book it wont suprise me they would like to ad tv show characters just to make it more "commercial"

TWD sold over two million copies. There is no need to commercialize it.

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members

TWD sold over two million copies. There is no need to commercialize it.

yup.. i have the same opinion.. but remember lately all related to TWD have been about the $$ (Daryl & Merle video game, suspicious last minute decition to split the last book in 2 parts, Hiunday everywhere, Daryl everywhere)

TWD Season 1 and 400 days did great, together sold around of 21 million episodes... Lets just say that 3.5 million people bought the game ... worldwide (PC/PS3/XBOX/IOs/Android/Vita).. thats nothing taking consideration only in USA last month the issue 116 sold 352k the first day.... and the show in USA have a rate of 11 million viewers every sunday (not counting people who watch it later or people who watch it in other countries or watch it online) ..season 4 premier got 16 million viewers

a marketing or sales person with all that info could say TWD Seaon 2 shouldnt sell less than 5 million games (25million episodes)

taking consideration mostly of TWD fans are fans just because the tv show and not many people have read the comic (you can also see it in this website, comic related topics are commented by the same people all the time... but the tv show topics have so many people writing that sometimes is impossible to follow conversations) ... so.. in terms of sales... adding TV Show related characters might increase the amount of people interested in buying the game.. more so if they announce the game during TWD commercials

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
I would not be surprised if they make Daryl "Squirrel Man" Dixon the main protagonist. Of course Telltale would be forced at gunpoint to do this.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Would rather not have tv cameos. That's what Daryl's game was for.

no worries there. the game is suppose to cannon to the comics

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
I might be a little late to the party, but I'd love to see Abraham and whichever group he was with at the time, and Negan. Only for cameos of course.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

no worries there. the game is suppose to cannon to the comics

Supposed to be. But Kirkman and co have stated in interviews that they're interested in exploring the tv world in the Telltale game as well. Would be an awful decision IMO.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
I'm not quite sure how embedding this sorcery works, but here's a new Clem Vine.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/825B16054E1022646946231463936_19aae0fdb9c.4.4.15173251689033484374_dSJpkNyljmnNQauXK7o7ry_.DtdMVZhSVelh7DSX26Byzaw44xrRiDlhCvBepzep.mp4?versionId=TrtX.lSr66xPP98OiyDkLntTGmwvyQB2
Jon is fine, dammit.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Awesome! I'm assuming the blood was just Clementine going all Tyreese with the hammer. The setting reminds me of the St John's Farm towards the end of the story..such a good episode.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
It's a long shot, and highly unlikely, but i would KINDA want Jesus to appear.

Not as a big role (although i wouldnt say no to that), but just an appearance, really.

We do know that he is barely at the Hilltop most of the time, and usually travels far and wide in search for new communities. (So if we will...like, meet Tavia and her community, then maybe he could make an appearance as well. Maybe he will ask them to join, and stuff happens and the safezone is breached. In the chaos, Paul flees *but in a cool way*, and Clem does as well. They do not meet up or anything like that, they just meet eachother for that short period of time.)

I dunno, i just REALLY want to see Telltale do some kung-fu action.

And if this city is meant to be DC, then the possibility could be even higher.
Spoiler

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Did anyone notice the Eduardo (of the Kal and Eduardo duo) look-a-like in the teaser trailer for Season 2, Episode 2, "A House Divided"?

Walking Dead Wiki says that his name is Matthew for some reason. I'm guessing that the game files have his name. Oh, well. It's still sort of a cameo, I guess. They look exactly alike. Maybe they're twin brothers who share a deep appreciation for hoodies.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!