Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 Cameo Wishlist (Comic Spoilers)

Telltale Season 2 Cameo wishlist Glenn Hershel Woodbury Governor Abraham Lilly

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
In season one of The Walking Dead video game we had cameo appearances by four - scratch that - three comic book characters.

Hershel
Glenn
Shawn
(Lilly was retconned into not actually being Lilly from the comics.)

So is there anyone from the comics that you'd all like to see make an appearance in season two?

I think there's precious few characters that could work as a cameo this season, depending on the setting. I was thinking of characters that we don't know a lot about, like Jesus, Negan or Dwight, but those cameos are unlikely to happen unless at least some of the season takes place in Washington, D.C.

There could be a cameo by the remnants of Woodbury and the "real" Lilly, but that doesn't seem like such a great idea. Robert Kirkman would probably just retcon the video game version of Woodbury into being another Woodbury.

Abraham and his group seem the most logical choice to me. They are a far-traveling group and they have their own mission beyond just survival. I could easily see them showing up for an episode and then pulling a Glenn by saying "we have to go now, kthanxbai!" Plus, I'd really just love to see Abe again.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
By the time of season 2 we will be well into the apocalypse, so we have to keep that mind.

I would love maybe running into Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, and their group. Abraham said they had had a bigger group at one point, including his wife, children, and others. It'd be cool to see Clementine/Krista/Omid run into their group at some point.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
I have said the same thing about Abraham... It would be cool if maybe his so called "bigger group" included Clementine or whoever the protagonist of the next game will be - I mean, he's dead now so the writers of the game can do whatever they want with him. I think it'd be better if they showed Abraham BEFORE he met Rosita and Eugene and maybe show what really went down with his family (it depends on how far into the outbreak Season 2 takes place because I think Abe lost his family within the first few months, and I'm pretty sure Season 1 of the game takes place within 3 months).

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

By the time of season 2 we will be well into the apocalypse, so we have to keep that mind.

That is, unless Telltale decides to be crazy and go back to the beginning of the apocalypse to tell story unrelated to the first season. Then we could have endless cameos by almost any comic book character. I don't think they'll do that, though. People will riot if Clementine's story isn't continued.

Agreed on Abraham, Eugene and Rosita. I'd love to see that group interact with Clementine's group. They could even be the group that stumbles upon Clem at the end of season 1.

Aside from Abe and his group, I wouldn't mind a Jesus cameo. I could buy that he was in Georgia and eventually traveled to D.C. . It makes as much sense as Glenn's "I have to go now. My planet needs me." reason for ending up in Atlanta.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

I have said the same thing about Abraham... It would be cool if maybe his so called "bigger group" included Clementine or whoever the protagonist of the next game will be - I mean, he's dead now so the writers of the game can do whatever they want with him. I think it'd be better if they showed Abraham BEFORE he met Rosita and Eugene and maybe show what really went down with his family (it depends on how far into the outbreak Season 2 takes place because I think Abe lost his family within the first few months, and I'm pretty sure Season 1 of the game takes place within 3 months).

Apparently, Abraham and his group traveled from Houston, Texas (I don't know if that's true or not, I remember reading it on the Walking Dead Wiki a while ago) to Georgia and then to D.C. with Rick's group. So if Abraham was with his family in Houston for the first few months of the outbreak, I'm not sure how that would fit in with the game, logistically speaking.

Still, I would love to see Abraham and his family in the very early days of the outbreak, if not in video game form, then I'd love to see Kirkman do an "Abraham Special" like he did for the Governor and Michonne. Or hell, I'd read a "Road to Alexandria" book from Abraham, Eugene and Rosita's perspective.

Draven

Draven

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHorsens, Denmark

People will riot if Clementine's story isn't continued.

Yeah, i really hope the bring some kind of closure to her, omid and kristas stories.

I woud like to se cameos from some of the lesser charaters, maybe some from Alexandria Safe-Zone like Heath or Eric & Aaron

"The North remembers"

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Yeah, i really hope the bring some kind of closure to her, omid and kristas stories.

I woud like to se cameos from some of the lesser charaters, maybe some from Alexandria Safe-Zone like Heath or Eric & Aaron

Agreed. I hope Telltale continues from where they left off, and I'm pretty sure they will. I don't think the fans would like it if they just left Clementine's story hanging. Clementine is to The Walking Dead video game fans, as Daryl is to The Walking Dead TV show fans. Telltale can't fuck with Clem now. (swear)

Heath, Eric and Aaron are good choices. It's easy to believe that they survived on their own or in a small group for a long time before getting to the safe zone. I'm also pretty (kind of [not at all] ) sure that Aaron and Eric aren't original Alexandrians. Heath might be because he talked about Davidson, but then he could just be referencing a well-known figure from before his time. I wouldn't mind overlooking any and all of that for a good cameo that benefits the game's story.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members

Heath, Eric and Aaron are good choices. It's easy to believe that they survived on their own or in a small group for a long time before getting to the safe zone. I'm also pretty (kind of [not at all] ) sure that Aaron and Eric aren't original Alexandrians. Heath might be because he talked about Davidson, but then he could just be referencing a well-known figure from before his time. I wouldn't mind overlooking any and all of that for a good cameo that benefits the game's story.

Heath, Eric, and Aaron are good choices! It'd be nice to see them in part because we don't know that much about them at all. We don't know if Eric and Aaron were together before the apocalypse or not, so it'd be cool to get some background information on them.

Olivia, Regina, Douglas, Spencer, and Davidson are the only ones who have stated that they've been part of Alexandria since the very beginning.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Olivia, Regina, Douglas, Spencer, and Davidson are the only ones who have stated that they've been part of Alexandria since the very beginning.

Really? I was almost certain that Olivia wasn't one of the original Alexandrians. I remember her saying that something was "before her time" in Alexandria. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else. :srug:

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members

Really? I was almost certain that Olivia wasn't one of the original Alexandrians. I remember her saying that something was "before her time" in Alexandria. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else. :srug:

WalkingDeadWikia says this, "Olivia is one of the known original survivors of the community group led by Douglas Monroe, along with Tobin and Aaron, as acknowledged by Douglas himself when speaking about Tobin's long-time leadership position."

So unless that is wrong then she is one of the originals! Which doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem like the type of woman to survive long on the road :(

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

WalkingDeadWikia says this, "Olivia is one of the known original survivors of the community group led by Douglas Monroe, along with Tobin and Aaron, as acknowledged by Douglas himself when speaking about Tobin's long-time leadership position."

So unless that is wrong then she is one of the originals! Which doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem like the type of woman to survive long on the road :(

I checked the issue that the wiki talked about. Issue 74, where Tobin talks to Douglas about letting Abraham lead the construction crew. Douglas didn't mention anything about Aaron or Olivia, aside from saying that Aaron brought Rick's group in. He just mentioned some Alexandrians that they had lost so far. That's the only conversation I can recall between Tobin and Douglas, so I'd say the wiki's wrong on that one.

Speaking of Alexandria though, I think it might be cool to see Alexander Davidson after his exile. I don't think that would really fit in timeline-wise, but maybe in season 4 or something.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
One of the developers said in an interview that they're looking at the possibility of incorporating TV characters into the game. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I like the game being in the same universe as the comics. Maybe I'd be okay with certain TV characters showing up, as long as they were alternate versions of them so as not to ruin the continuity. Like, if T Dog appeared, but had never met Rick's group, etc., I guess that'd be okay, but it's almost like, what's the point? It's iffy territory. I wouldn't want the game to become a third alternate TWD universe, with as much as I loved how the game and the comics were in the same world.

I wouldn't mind seeing Abe, Eugene and Rosita appear. An Alexandrian like Heath, Eric etc. would also be great, since we know not much of their back stories and it'd be nice to learn more about them.

It'd be neat if there were some quick cameo of a main character, like Michonne or Rick on a run, or Dale's RV or Governor's tank driving past. Like maybe they'd see them in the distance through binoculars or something, but they are gone before you can get their attention (or you choose to not approach). That's probably the only way a major character could appear. The bad guys are possible, too. It'd be interesting and scary if the cannibal hunters picked off a number or two of your group. I'm not sure what the timeline is for season 2, so the possibilities depend on that.

While they are still in Georgia in the game, though, I'd love to see an appearance of an iconic location, like the prison after it's been destroyed, or Wiltshire Estates (only this time they see the warning sign and keep on going).

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

One of the developers said in an interview that they're looking at the possibility of incorporating TV characters into the game. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I like the game being in the same universe as the comics. Maybe I'd be okay with certain TV characters showing up, as long as they were alternate versions of them so as not to ruin the continuity. Like, if T Dog appeared, but had never met Rick's group, etc., I guess that'd be okay, but it's almost like, what's the point? It's iffy territory. I wouldn't want the game to become a third alternate TWD universe, with as much as I loved how the game and the comics were in the same world.

I really hope that doesn't happen. The only original TV show characters that I think are decent enough to appear are Daryl and Merle and they've already got their own (shitty, though it may be) video game. There are some other characters that might fit in, like the Morales family, but I just don't care enough about them or any TV character that I'd want them to make a cameo in the game. I'd rather explore the back stories of beloved comic characters. That's even disregarding continuity issues.

It'd be neat if there were some quick cameo of a main character, like Michonne or Rick on a run, or Dale's RV or Governor's tank driving past. Like maybe they'd see them in the distance through binoculars or something, but they are gone before you can get their attention (or you choose to not approach). That's probably the only way a major character could appear. The bad guys are possible, too. It'd be interesting and scary if the cannibal hunters picked off a number or two of your group. I'm not sure what the timeline is for season 2, so the possibilities depend on that.

I thought about mentioning the cannibal hunters before and I wouldn't really mind them making an appearance, but we've already dealt with cannibals in the game with the St. John family. It might feel like a bit of a rehash. Then again, I think Telltale could make it work. We don't even have to find out the reason that the hunters are hunting the group; just find hints at their motives.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
More characters that could easily fit into season 2 are Morgan and Duane. They're absent from the comics for a long time after issue 1. Pretty much anything could have happened to them during that time. The only thing that has to happen between issue 1 and issue 58 is that Duane has to be bitten, die and turn.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I never thought about Morgan and Duane. That'd be really interesting, but you'd have to find a logical way to place the group in Kentucky to find them.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Yeah, I think that a lot of cameos would be hard to work in unless Telltale really wanted them to happen. Morgan and Duane are all the way in Cynthiana and Abraham and his group aren't in Georgia until well into (like a year, I think) the apocalypse. They might work better for season 3 or 4.

If we see any of these cameos, I think it's likely that there will be a time skip of a few months, like at the beginning of the first season.

Or maybe Telltale will retcon some stuff to make it all work, like they did with Shawn Greene. In the comics Shawn didn't die right away from the zombie bites --I think he lasted a few days-- in the game, he looked pretty damn dead to me after the zombies munched on his neck. I expect Telltale to play fast and loose with canon as long as they think it benefits the game's story.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
I think it would be funny to have a celebrity in it - no1 famous survived the ZA?! Then of course they would die horribly via walker
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
I would prefer that they keep it tight nip with the comics, I mean solid plausible cameos.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
So does anyone want to see Lilly, Molly or Vernon back for season 2?

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Molly is a great character, so I hope to see her again. I was a little surprised she didn't show up again in chapter 5.

Vernon can go straight to Hell.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I like the idea that Vernon and his crew will be a mystery forever. We'll have no idea whether or not he and his group survived on that boat.

Molly is awesome and she quotes Star Wars. I'd love to see her back and I think Telltale would, too, because they only had her in one episode. They're probably saving her for season 2.

Lilly, I don't really care about either way. I think Telltale will probably bring her back because she is unkillable in the first season and she isn't the Lilly from Woodbury anymore. On one hand Lilly is the most annoying character ever (besides Larry), but on the other hand, I'd like to have the opportunity to kill her in season 2.

Oh, and I think it's a given that Christa and Omid will be back, but it would be shocking if they were killed off-screen by the herd before the second season even started. Them's the breaks in a zombie apocalypse.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I also think it's better to leave Vernon be. If he took the boat out to sea, it's very unlikely we'd come across him again, unless it foiled quickly and he was able to swim back. It's most likely that they died out there somewhere, as I don't think Vernon had the boating experience Kenny had, and where could they go? It's for the best, as I'd want to kick his ass if I ever saw him again, even if I'm a different character.

Now that Lilly is no longer comic Lilly, I think it'd be pretty interesting to see her again. She had problems with Lee and Kenny, but none with Clementine, so a reunion between the two of them would be interesting. I wonder if Clementine would be forgiving at all, with the rest of the group out of the picture now? It'd be interesting to see, though I'd still be perfectly OK if her fate was also left a mystery.

I'm really hoping for Molly, Christa and Omid, though.

On another note, a lot of fans seem to think that Kenny may have survived, as his death was left ambiguous in both scenarios. I am one that thinks he is dead, but I do think there's a small chance he could make a surprise appearance.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I really hope that Kenny is dead, or at least his fate kept ambiguous. I like his character well enough, but I feel like he's served his purpose to the story. He was all about his family and a boat and he lost both of those. Then he died. I like the idea that his story arc ends there. If Telltale hadn't "killed" him in such an overly dramatic way (at least in the Ben version), then I wouldn't mind him coming back, but it would be such a cop-out for Kenny be like "Go, Lee! I'mma make a heroic sacrifice!" and then have him show up again in season 2.

So does anyone on planet Earth want to see Andrew, the prison inmate, cameo in the game? I loved that when Dale suggested going after Andrew, Rick just said "Fuck that."

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
Would rather not have tv cameos. That's what Daryl's game was for.

Anyways, i would love to see Abe and his group too. Maybe even Tyreese, Julie and Chris before meeting up with Rick. And just out of pure bias, I would love to see Axel since he's my favorite :P

Morgan is another I'd love to see. We never got to see too much of him even after he rejoined the group and he's also one of my favorites so seeing him would be great. It was mentioned that Morgan had killed some people to keep him and Duane safe so it would be an interesting twist if someone in your group gets killed by Morgan because they were threatening him or Morgan felt they were a threat. Would be a...different take on him, seeing him as a villain of sorts. Definitely heartbreaking because we know Morgan is a good man.

I think it would also be cool to see Martinez. We never saw much of him but if i remember correct he said he was in a school that was marked as a safezone before ending up in Woodbury, so it would be interesting to be in the school before and after it gets overrun by zombies and your group barely gets out of there.

Dr. Stevens and Alice would be nice to see back too. I'd like to see Dale or Jim too, just as a nice throwback to olden times :3 seeing Otis and Patricia at Wiltshire Estates would be cool too i guess, since they were there before going with Hershel. And Aaron and Eric.

I have a pretty big wishlist for cameos, but there's so many potential backstories they could explore ;-;
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

Draven

Draven

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHorsens, Denmark

Would rather not have tv cameos. That's what Daryl's game was for.

yeah i agree, keep the tv series and the comic universes seperated.

"The North remembers"

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!