Why Did Andrea Have A Fever So Quickly?

zombie virus Andrea season 3 finale zombie bite

Barry Cade

Barry Cade

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorth of the Wall. Seriously. I am 200 yards from it.
It's quite obvious to me that Andrea was excited because: Michonne. And it was the love story that US TV couldn't stomach. Ergo: Andrea karks it. Michonne stops revolver hitting floor. Cannot stop shell casing-cum-Andrea's-bonce. Twas'nt a fever. Just love. And lawyers.

Don't Dead Open Inside...

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

It kinda bothered me how zombified he looked too, seeing as how Andrea was killing him very shortly after he died. Seems like it would have been more realistic to have him bluish like a dead guy rather than the full n green face in the time that lapsed between him dying and her ending the process. Like it was mentioned earlier, it's probably best when watching a show about zombies to not expect it to conform to my idea of scientific logic or sensibilities.

Nicotero said on the Talking Dead that they made Milton more grey because of the blood loss and weakened state he was in when he died.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

It's quite obvious to me that Andrea was excited because: Michonne. And it was the love story that US TV couldn't stomach. Ergo: Andrea karks it. Michonne stops revolver hitting floor. Cannot stop shell casing-cum-Andrea's-bonce. Twas'nt a fever. Just love. And lawyers.

As always, Barry, I love to read your interesting take on things. :lol:

I hope this means that you will stick around for the break and entertain us.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

I'm sorry about the problems you have with your teeth.

Milton just struck me at someone who would be a bit anal with his hygiene.

Actually, the first two changes we see in a zombie are the eyes and the teeth, so it does make sense that their mouth would be swarming with all kinds of nastiness.

I wished they had kept his glasses on for the final scenes, there is something much creepier about him with his glasses on.

Don't be sorry, Serenity! :P It's a small hassle for me, sure, but I didn't mean to sound like I'm trying to give a sob story lol.
While I completely agree that Milton always came off as the kind of guy who'd always be well-groomed, I was both giving a cheap joke and a lame (inbetween the lines: excuse for poor writing) theory for how Milton's bite went down.

And I agree also on Milton being way creepy with his glasses! Now imagine if maybe the glasses were kept on during a beat from the Governor and they'd be broken a bit into his face. Yikes.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Andrea's whole death was bullshit so don't worry about it. Bullshit. That's your answer.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationWorking for Corning Life Sciences

Andrea's whole death was bullshit so don't worry about it. Bullshit. That's your answer.

Agreed!

**PHAGE**

**PHAGE**

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe River Styx

It really doesn't matter whether It was Andrea or another character, the original question was about how the virus operates. If you don't think the plot dynamics leading to her death were well done (the time wasting talk with death's door Milton etc) , or the fact that she died at all; fair enough.

If your problem is with how she actually died, then every virus related death on the show is bullshit, and If I were you I wouldn't waste my time watching it.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
Phage, there are some people who liked Andrea, you are missing the point. You insulted a great many people with your post, especially Leela. We are not idiots and we know how the virus works. That being said, a great many of us thought Laurie Hokden's character was given the shaft and not correctly developed during this season. That is the real outrage.

You sound like a real immature person, who doesn't care about others feelings. Maybe if you had some sympathy you would see the bigger picture. You sound like you have a lot of growing up to do. Leela is the biggest Andrea fan, and you owe her an apology, oh wait, you don't know how to apologize as you lack any feelings for others' beliefs.

Leela, I am truly sorry for the way this person undermined your post. I understand how you feel.

Again we know how the virus works, you get bit, you get the fever, you die, you reanimate.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
^No excuse to hijack a thread when there are plenty of other threads on the subject of Andrea's death, though. The purpose of this one was clearing up how the zombification works.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
I just felt bad for Leela. Phage was a bit pompous when he said
"If your problem is with how she actually died, then every virus related death on the show is bullshit, and If I were you I wouldn't waste my time watching it."

I believe that statement was mean and uncalled for.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Phage, there are some people who liked Andrea, you are missing the point. You insulted a great many people with your post, especially Leela. We are not idiots and we know how the virus works. That being said, a great many of us thought Laurie Hokden's character was given the shaft and not correctly developed during this season. That is the real outrage.

You sound like a real immature person, who doesn't care about others feelings. Maybe if you had some sympathy you would see the bigger picture. You sound like you have a lot of growing up to do. Leela is the biggest Andrea fan, and you owe her an apology, oh wait, you don't know how to apologize as you lack any feelings for others' beliefs.

Leela, I am truly sorry for the way this person undermined your post. I understand how you feel.

Again we know how the virus works, you get bit, you get the fever, you die, you reanimate.

Look, if you have a problem with a post, report it. Don't resort to the same behavior that you're condemning, which is exactly what you did when you called this user immature and tell them they have some growing up to do. And please don't hijack a thread in this way, we have another established thread about Andrea's death already. Lastly, Leela is a big girl and can take care of herself. She's not the only one on this site that was saddened and upset about Andrea's death.

Logan5

Logan5

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • LocationThe Endless River
My problem with the Andrea's death (and I am far from a fan of the character) is that in the last episode (I think) she killed a number of walkers with just her small folding knife. I just find it odd that she could not handle Milton with a pair of pliers. It seemed to me she had gotten out of both handcuffs and was able to move freely.

Again just seems odd a seasoned walker killer (which included killing them up close with stabbing weapons) could not kill Milton without getting bitten. Of course spending valuable time chit-chatting with Milton while trying to pick up the pliers was pretty stupid too. I think it was a disservice to her character to be killed off in that manner.

Logan

259e5p1.jpg

**PHAGE**

**PHAGE**

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe River Styx

It kinda bothered me how zombified he looked too, seeing as how Andrea was killing him very shortly after he died. Seems like it would have been more realistic to have him bluish like a dead guy rather than the full n green face in the time that lapsed between him dying and her ending the process. Like it was mentioned earlier, it's probably best when watching a show about zombies to not expect it to conform to my idea of scientific logic or sensibilities.

The reason why he's that dark grey colour is due to the blood loss from being gutted by the Governor. According to Mr Nicotero.

**PHAGE**

**PHAGE**

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe River Styx

Look, if you have a problem with a post, report it. Don't resort to the same behavior that you're condemning, which is exactly what you did when you called this user immature and tell them they have some growing up to do. And please don't hijack a thread in this way, we have another established thread about Andrea's death already. Lastly, Leela is a big girl and can take care of herself. She's not the only one on this site that was saddened and upset about Andrea's death.

If I offended Leela then she has my sincerest apologies, that wasn't my intention. I tried to make it clear in the post that I wasn't sure what she meant by bullshit. My intention was to defend the show. I did express that if she thought the way in which Andrea's death was handled by the writers was poorly executed then I sympathised with her, that's what the expression "fair enough" commonly means in the U.K. I actually hoped that Andrea and Michonne would be reunited and kick some ass. I'm aware that there has been a lot of irrational hatred towards the characters of Andrea and Lori from certain quarters of the net. I don't subscribe to that type of nonsense.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
+1 Phage. It's sometimes difficult to read into what a person is saying w/o seeing facial expressions. You also probably were unaware of Leela's deep affection for Andrea's character. You handled that last post very nicely, if I may say so. I am NOT trying to be condescending; I am sincere. I probably get misunderstood far more than I realize on here.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I just felt bad for Leela. Phage was a bit pompous when he said
"If your problem is with how she actually died, then every virus related death on the show is bullshit, and If I were you I wouldn't waste my time watching it."

I believe that statement was mean and uncalled for.

Some people don't like Andrea some of us do. Ive heard worse than Phage and all of us Andrea fans are dealing with Andreas death not just Leela. Leela will live, just like me you, blasko, Matt g. Lioness, TangoJ, glass, Chic, etc will live.

But its nice you stood up for her. Just next time maybe wait until someone does something more rude :P

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

If I offended Leela then she has my sincerest apologies, that wasn't my intention. I tried to make it clear in the post that I wasn't sure what she meant by bullshit. My intention was to defend the show. I did express that if she thought the way in which Andrea's death was handled by the writers was poorly executed then I sympathised with her, that's what the exp<b></b>ression "fair enough" commonly means in the U.K. I actually hoped that Andrea and Michonne would be reunited and kick some ass. I'm aware that there has been a lot of irrational hatred towards the characters of Andrea and Lori from certain quarters of the net. I don't subscribe to that type of nonsense.

You handled it a lot better than most people who don't like Andrea do. As I said before all of us Andrea fans will live. I like Leela and she has a strong passion for Andrea and Laurie Holden but she doesn't need special treatment.

I don't think she wants it that way. I wouldn't

TangoWhiskey

TangoWhiskey

Infected

• Members
Even the cleanest human mouths are full of bacteria. It's very easy for a bite wound to get infected. My friend was in an unfortunate argument in a bar once and the other guy some how managed to bite his hand, taking a fair chunk of skin out of his fingers. His wound became infected very quickly despite going to hospital and getting antibiotics and as far as I know, the guy who bit him wasn't a zombie.

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Because it was convenient for the story line.

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Pardon me for being obtuse but are you implying that Andrea and Michonne were 'more than friends'? The thought has crossed my mind. Merle's too, I think.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Pardon me for being obtuse but are you implying that Andrea and Michonne were 'more than friends'? The thought has crossed my mind. Merle's too, I think.

Its crossed my mind also. But we 'll probably never find out :(

**PHAGE**

**PHAGE**

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe River Styx
Yeah, IMO it's certainly one thing that Merle was right about. I'm not entirely sure but I think I read somewhere that in season 4 there will be some back-story for selected characters. It could be part of a Michonne flashback ?

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
Maybe everyone has half the virus in them. With a bite the other half gets into ur system and they have alittle party inside you. After a "normal" death perhaps the half u have changes to the full blown version.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!