"walker" Vs "biters"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 157 posts
Team Prison has always called them "walkers".

Team Woodbury calls them "biters".

I can't remember if those originally on Hershel's farm called them anything specific when we met them in season 2, but they call them "walkers" now.

Question: in TWD universe, does the word "zombie" not exist? Did none of the characters ever watch a George Romero movie? The ZA starts in 2010, so it is a year after "Zombieland" came out. I be Glenn probably wouldve seen the movie.

Why don't any of the characters refer to the creatures as "zombies"?

Kind of like in the TV show "Elementary", where none of the characters think "Sherlock Holmes" is a strange name for a detective in 2013 NYC who has a sidekick named "Watson". In that universe, the legendary hero never existed.

Just weird that nobody on TWD ever refers to the infected as "zombies". Like the word doesn't exist.

Hialmar

Hialmar

Infected

• Members
  • 73 posts
I was under the impression that the terms zombie and the whole zombie genre of horror films never existed in TWD universe.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 157 posts
Do you know/remember how the people on Hershel's farm referred to them when we first were introduced to those characters? I doubt they called them "walkers", since Hershel believed they could be cured.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Do you know/remember how the people on Hershel's farm referred to them when we first were introduced to those characters? I doubt they called them "walkers", since Hershel believed they could be cured.

Hershel called them 'people'. He refused to call them walkers and was certainly not happy with Maggie calling them that.

And Dave and Tony referred to them as 'lame brains'.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 157 posts
Forgot about Dave and Tony.

Just wondering if any character will ever refer to them as "zombies".

I am guessing Dr. Jenner just referred to them as the "infected" or "test subjects".

Also.. I haven't read the comic, but do they ever get any insight as to what triggered the ZA?

Viridiana

Viridiana

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPoland
I think it was stated by Kirkman himself that in the TWD universe all the zombie films etc. don't exist and neither did the concept of a zombie before the apocalypse began.

Abraham

Abraham

Infected

• Members
  • 57 posts
In The Walking Dead Universe, zombie movies and all zombie fiction doesn't exist, which is why they never use the word zombie in the T.V show, and it is only used a handful of times through all of the comics.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I've always liked Resident Evil terms for them. The Infected. Just sounds gross but other than that, I would use walker. It would be interesting to see other survivors and hear what their terms were.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
I thought that the concept of zombies existed already in the comics-verse? I distinctly remember Kirkman stating so a couple times.
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,217 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
Here's a thread on that subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!