When's The Other Shoe Going To Drop?

- - - - - Negan Hilltop Dwight Saviors

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
When the Governor was the main conflict of the comic, there was always a lingering feeling that Woodbury was going to arrive at the prison at any moment and murder everyone. And Kirkman delivered on that. With Negan, I was floored when he was introduced. What an introduction for a villain! Now, it's just Negan with wives, and mood swings, and playing Ping-Pong. We've seen this before. We get it. He's funny and evil. Can this move on? I don't know if I'm alone on this. He just doesn't feel like a threat anymore. I feel like Ezekiel is going to take the reins as the new villain when Negan is dead anyway. I'm tired of this. Either kill him or give us something new. This is so boring. I know I'll get hate for this but I don't care at this point. How are the Saviors even a threat? They have chainsaws and axes but no guns from what I've seen. Fifty saviors attacked Alexandria and over a dozen were killed and not one Alexandria citizen was killed. Next time Negan shows up for supplies, Andrea should just snipe all of them. When the rest of the Saviors realize their leader hasn't returned, they all arrive in army formation and get massacred by zombies who were lured over by the gunshots and bullets from Rick's community. This shouldn't be an issue

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
That may be, as they just started their ammo producing operation...give them a few issues and they'll likely come to the same solution. Or Negan will take the guns, shells, and production kit on his next visit.

Chic

Chic

Roamer

• Members
I disagree that Negan is a bad villain, but I agree that The Saviors are manageable. Have five people with machine guns stay to the left and right of the Alexandria Safe Zone gates, completely out of sight, and when Negan and his people come, have Rick open the door. As they come pouring in, have the five people line up and take them all out. Then, have another five people with machine guns/pistols hide outside of the safe zone and take any out that try to escape. Then let Andrea snipe any stragglers. Even if a few remain, they are hardly any trouble. Surely there must be some explosive weapons between the three safe zones (Alexandria, Hilltop and Kingdom). In this case, they can either be used against The Savior Army or to level The Sanctuary and destroy their base at the core.

Yama

Yama

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew York
I think Negan is a great villain, personally. I also think what you're suggesting is more or less in the works, after all Rick is plotting, right? So it seems like it's going your way, not sure what you're worried about. It'll happen, haha.

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I like Negan and I think he's an interesting villain, much more so than the Governor. He also has completely different motivations from the Governor. Good ol' Brian Blake wanted to take the prison. Negan doesn't want to do that with Alexandria. He wants to run his protection racket. It makes sense that he doesn't want to slaughter the Alexandrians and is instead occupying time "ping ponging all over some titties".

However, I agree that Rick should have easily been able to take Negan out by now and that the Saviors aren't really all that threatening, with their puny melee weapons. I haven't read the Negan issues in a while, but I remember thinking Rick should have been able to kill Negan and his Saviors at the gates the first time Negan came for supplies, just like the marauders they killed before. Even if more Saviors were to come, I think they'd be able to easily defend against an attack, unless Negan's sitting on a tank, like the Governor was.

EDIT: My guess for why Rick has been putting off opposing Negan openly is because he wants to destroy the Saviors completely and take all of their supplies, before they even know what hit them. It makes sense that he's been gathering information and allies, but it is kind of weird that he told Eugene not to make any bullets, as that is Rick's biggest edge over Negan. I guess he changed his mind in 107, but I dunno if that's been confirmed or if The Euge is acting on his own.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Still way too early to call it. We're only just about to see the rest of the iceberg.
They also clearly have guns.
97- motorcycle group points guns at Rick an co.
98- guy pointing gun at Eugene , huge gun battle that occurs after Eugene's chomp.
100- gunshot to summon Negan.
They probably just don't have tons of ammo like ASZ apparently still has. They don't waste bullets on z's(they do however waste bullets to summon Negan)
ASZ has always had the higher ground when it's come to their battles , they have good coverage with their walls.
The saviors aren't unstoppable and they certainly won't last, but that doesn't mean that the problem will be solved easily.
Negan rules with fear and leadership like that always succombs to defeat.

With all that being said your arguement reminds me of the eagle theory with the lord of the rings, " couldn't frodo just hop on an eagle and chuck the ring in mount doom?". Yes, yes he probably could've.But that's not entertaining or captivating on any level.
Patience is a virtue, let the story unfold.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Also, I thought this thread was going to be about Spencer losing his other shoe.
What a sad guy that spencer is..
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Ha! The fate of Spencer's other shoe is definitely a dangling plot thread that needs some resolution.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
The Saviors have guns they just don't use them much and the first attack on Alexandria was lead by who ? oh yea that be Dwight's dumb-ass. Negan wanted Dwight to be killed in that raid "there is always next time" and more then likely Dwight was working on his own and Negan never ordered the attack so they didn't have the weapons they needed. I think Negan wants people to think they are manageable so he has an upper hand when he strikes.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I just want to point out that I don't think Negan is a bad villain like many people are suggesting. I'm just getting tired of these stupid ping pong scenes with him and him showing off his wives and all that. I know a war is on the horizon but it feels like Kirkman is just throwing in this Negan material to remind us he's still there

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Still way too early to call it. We're only just about to see the rest of the iceberg.
They also clearly have guns.
97- motorcycle group points guns at Rick an co.
98- guy pointing gun at Eugene , huge gun battle that occurs after Eugene's chomp.
100- gunshot to summon Negan.
They probably just don't have tons of ammo like ASZ apparently still has. They don't waste bullets on z's(they do however waste bullets to summon Negan)
ASZ has always had the higher ground when it's come to their battles , they have good coverage with their walls.
The saviors aren't unstoppable and they certainly won't last, but that doesn't mean that the problem will be solved easily.
Negan rules with fear and leadership like that always succombs to defeat.

With all that being said your arguement reminds me of the eagle theory with the lord of the rings, " couldn't frodo just hop on an eagle and chuck the ring in mount doom?". Yes, yes he probably could've.But that's not entertaining or captivating on any level.
Patience is a virtue, let the story unfold.

Nice catch with the guns. There was a reason they didn't use the eagles, by the way. I guess you're right, though that I'd feel cheated if Negan and his Saviors were killed very easily.

Salvatoor

Salvatoor

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAtlanta Survivor Camp
With Ezekiel and the apparent change of loyalty of Dwight, one starts to get the idea that Negan is manageable, and that he's going down, but then you see this:
Spoiler

And you get that he may go down, but he won't go down without a few more murders

I really like Negan as a villain, the governor was a little crazy and unpredictable, but in my opinion, Negan is scarier. He is more in control, and that makes the sudden cold-blooded murders a lot worse. He doesn't just give in to rage, he plans every act. He carefully establishes his reign of terror. Plus, he has a bigger army and a huge fortress (factory).

_Shrike_

_Shrike_

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationa creepy basement
OR, OR, just hear me out, we could just forget the stinky cliché of the villain who is super-powerful and in full control just until the final moment, when he is completely crushed through the use of unsuspected resources the good guys could afford.

Negan appears weaker. Yea. He's slowly starting to lose. It may be anticlimatic, but its realistic.

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members

The Saviors have guns they just don't use them much and the first attack on Alexandria was lead by who ? oh yea that be Dwight's dumb-ass. Negan wanted Dwight to be killed in that raid "there is always next time" and more then likely Dwight was working on his own and Negan never ordered the attack so they didn't have the weapons they needed. I think Negan wants people to think they are manageable so he has an upper hand when he strikes.

yes, this.

negan has a strange sense of honor, he doesn't attack unprovoked. he angers his enemy or makes himself seem weak to draw them into attacking or exposing their intentions so he can counter them. began isn't as dumb as some may think, he is a clever manupulating sociopath.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I thought this thread was going to be about Spencer.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

I thought this thread was going to be about Spencer.

Yea that's what I said lol

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yea that's what I said lol

lol I see that now. I didn't even read through the thread. derp.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

lol I see that now. I didn't even read through the thread. derp.

I meant to thank you in another thread when you posted that bro down gif , I've rekindled my love for south park.
Thank you good sir

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Anytime, bro.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Spencer already dropped a shoe.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
I think jesus of creepersville will be the real villian ;p
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

mutantfish

mutantfish

Infected

• Members
i don't think the ONE ping pong scene was lame I thought it was great, i think it shows that negan really isn't that bad when you don't make any trouble, it's better than spending your free time looking at dismembered heads in fishtanks.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

i don't think the ONE ping pong scene was lame I thought it was great, i think it shows that negan really isn't that bad when you don't make any trouble, it's better than spending your free time looking at dismembered heads in fishtanks.

agree
The ping pong scene was a great way to show Negan is not pure evil like the Gov and clearly tries to be nice to his people until he is forced to uphold the "new world order" or he is just a demented fucker............

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

agree
The ping pong scene was a great way to show Negan is not pure evil like the Gov and clearly tries to be nice to his people until he is forced to uphold the "new world order" or he is just a demented fucker............

I interpreted it a different way. I thought they were showing people were purposely losing because they feared Negan's wrath, which we already knew because of Dwight lying about Jesus escaping

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I interpreted it a different way. I thought they were showing people were purposely losing because they feared Negan's wrath, which we already knew because of Dwight lying about Jesus escaping

like i said or a demented fucker...................

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!