Can Carl Be The New "devil Beside You..."

- - - - - Governor rick carl

TheDalkingWead

TheDalkingWead

S-mart Employee

• Members

As to the OP, Carl is currently mini Shane (who he really spent more time bonding with as a male role model). I agree w/ those who say Rick needs to take some time to PARENT that child. I like Rick but he's a lousy father in that respect. And if you look at Lori's S1 comments at the school, he always put 'serve and protect' before family matters, at least that's how I took it. She seemed frustrated that he didn't communicate well. I never liked her so for a long time I've assumed she was being a bitch. Now, I think there's a bit more to it.

Completely agree. I love Rick but from our limited point of view Shane WAS a better Father to Carl than Rick. Shane always listened to Carl, made Carl laugh, and made Carl his number one priority. Not that Rick is a bad dad, but he never makes Carl laugh, he puts the group first, also he promised Carl he would never leave him along again and went back on that promise several times. I could easily see how an impressionable kid in a terrible situation could believe that Shane was right in his tough stance and that Dad could be wrong.

I think it would be an amazing storyline to keep up the tension between Carl and Rick. The tension when Carl dropped the Sheriff badge was shocking.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
Carl has come a long way from that annoying kid who was always wandering off in the ZA. He is a stronger person but I don't think he's the person Rick hoped he would be. Rick is realizing that he's losing Carl to this new world, something Lori didn't want, but could it have been avoided? The world is Dog eat Dog and Carl adapted to it because children would adapted faster then older people. I just hope that's not a bad thing.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I'm sorry you were put in that situation. You did the right thing.

I agree with stick, you did the right thing. That D-bag deserved it.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

The tension when Carl dropped the Sheriff badge was shocking.

Which episode did that happen in again? I can't remember.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I would hate for it to be Carl too, but who else could it be? The rest of the group has shown loyalty to Rick even after his crazy state, only Carl realy questioned him which is fine because Rick could have used a break. But this time, after the bus of Woodbury people pulled in, Carl was clearly not happy with his dad's decision.

I doubt he would put his group in danger just because of that.

"There's no "I" in team" 

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members

Which episode did that happen in again? I can't remember.

That was in the finale

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Yes and he lied , I was a newer user then so I believed it , he told bs stories.

Now back to Carl :) lol

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
I want Rick or Carl to turn evil by the end of the show (it would probably have to be Rick even though that's less interesting but Chandler can't act for crap) and then the last season is Rick vs. Carl

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
The posts discussing interviews and the trailer have been moved to a similar thread in the spoiler forum. Please keep in mind what forum you are posting in.

edit: shoot, it messed up the OP's topic a bit. grrr...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!