Governor Argument

Governor Sleeping finale

Bothrium

Bothrium

Infected

• Members
Hello everyone, My mother and I were having an argument about the Finale of Season 3 (So Spoilers) and I was wondering if you people could help me out. She was stating that it would be hard for Martinez and the other guy too sleep after watching the governer slaughter everyone, but I was stating that he wouldn't kill them in their sleep because they have listened to him and obeyed him. She belives that he might just kill them because he is a sociopath and unpredictable, but I think he only kills the people that disobey his supreme leadership. What do you guys think? Who's right?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
He may not kill them in their sleep but they have to realize that their days are numbered if they stay with him. They certainly can't think that he wouldn't hesitate to kill them for any reason.

I don't believe that they left with him out of any loyalty to him. They most likely knew that if they didn't leave with him that they would have been shot, as well.

Bothrium

Bothrium

Infected

• Members
Still I feel he would not kill them without reason.

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
well, i have NO sympathy for either Martinez or Bowman, and i hope the psycho Gov does kill them, as they were both leaders of the death squad that so brutally ambushed and murdered those Nat'l Guard soldiers. i want to see a three-way gunfight between them, like Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and that ugly bandit dude in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, except the Gov kills both of them, and they wound him, he makes it for awhile, but then dies, turns, and is staggering along the highway as a walker, and Michonne runs him over in her car. lolz

Bothrium

Bothrium

Infected

• Members
Thats some Governor rage you got there slick.

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSan Diego

well, i have NO sympathy for either Martinez or Bowman, and i hope the psycho Gov does kill them, as they were both leaders of the death squad that so brutally ambushed and murdered those Nat'l Guard soldiers. i want to see a three-way gunfight between them, like Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and that ugly bandit dude in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, except the Gov kills both of them, and they wound him, he makes it for awhile, but then dies, turns, and is staggering along the highway as a walker, and Michonne runs him over in her car. lolz

Actually that would be awesome.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

He may not kill them in their sleep but they have to realize that their days are numbered if they stay with him. They certainly can't think that he wouldn't hesitate to kill them for any reason.

I don't believe that they left with him out of any loyalty to him. They most likely knew that if they didn't leave with him that they would have been shot, as well.

I agree with you. The Guv isn't the type to kill people in their sleep. He wants you to see death coming, he wants you to know he is going to kill you. Those two may be with him for now but if they're smart, they'll slip away first chance they get. It shows that if you're with the Guv you won't last long.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
^ I feel like this is the same guy who was the "caller bomber" on the Talking Dead.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
What if the two of them simply abandon The Gov at night when he's sleeping? They stay with him for a few weeks, witness his sanity slipping even more, while at the same time realizing he's a losing cause, and ths decide to strike out on their own. That would be the most interesting scenario to me.

Plus, I imagine the writers still are going to want to make him semi-sympathetic (if we're supposed to be following him around throughout the season, like I'm sure we will be), and killing the two of them would both negate that and seem pretty over-the-top and silly in its own right.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I think the gov would put them in a situation that would get them killed.

"Bowman guard this exit while I scout around back."

[Gov makes his escape while Bowman's screams are heard in the distance.]

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I don't think he would just kill them for the hell of it. If so, he would have killed them with the Woodbury army. I think he kept them around to selfishly aid his own survival, as it is much harder to make it alone. However, I don't think he would hesitate to shoot them without remorse at the first sign of disloyalty.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
I still think they should've shot him when he was shooting bodies out in the field. Perfect opportunity... or at least blown his brains out when he was sitting in the truck. A guy that I've followed suddenly turns around and slaughters everyone on MY side? Uhh, no thanks... he's got to go.

But of course... it wouldn't make for good television.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I think the logical explanation for why Shumpert and Martinez didn't kill the Governor was for one or both of these reasons. A.) They were both in shock over what they were seeing and didn't know what to do or say, and B.) They didn't know whether to trust one another over the other's loyalty to the Gov. So maybe Martinez was thinking, "Oh shit, he's crazy, maybe I should take him out.. but would Shumpert shoot me if I do?" Then before you knew it, everyone was dead and the Governor was telling them to come along. At that point they probably figured their chances were better going with him in the car rather than staying behind alone.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

I think the logical explanation for why Shumpert and Martinez didn't kill the Governor was for one or both of these reasons. A.) They were both in shock over what they were seeing and didn't know what to do or say, and B.) They didn't know whether to trust one another over the other's loyalty to the Gov. So maybe Martinez was thinking, "Oh shit, he's crazy, maybe I should take him out.. but would Shumpert shoot me if I do?" Then before you knew it, everyone was dead and the Governor was telling them to come along. At that point they probably figured their chances were better going with him in the car rather than staying behind alone.

Yeah the actors did a good job portraying shock during the massacre so I reckon that is a good enough explanation as any. I mean yeah, WTF he's killing everyone? I do get the sense that they'd probably defended themselves if TG pointed his weapon their way.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

I agree especially about their chances out on the road. Shumpert and Martinez have proven to be "good soldiers" following orders and so forth. Although the Guv. is batshit crazy they may still rely on him for the ideas and plans to survive the ZA. Numbers do count when trying to survive so they probably figured 3 are better than 2. They may just try and stay on TG "good side" until they get more numbers or find another group that they can join. They showed TG as being pretty invincible (when Andrea left him with the walkers) but I think, crazy as he is, he knows that gong forward he needs people, especially if he plans to exact revenge on Ricks group.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!