The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 16 - Welcome To The Tombs - Season Finale Review

rick the governor the jail woodbury the walking dead season 3 season finale

The Walking Dead Season 3 Finale - Welcome To The Tombs (383 )

What is your opinion on the Season 3 Finale?

1. Excellent (85 [22.19%] - )

22.19%

2. Good - Some Critiques (133 [34.73%] - )

34.73%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (102 [26.63%] - )

26.63%

4. Poor (63 [16.45%] - )

16.45%

Will You Be Returning for Season 4?

1. Yes (336 [87.73%] - )

87.73%

2. No (9 [2.35%] - )

2.35%

3. Maybe - I want to see changes (38 [9.92%] - )

9.92%

justvic77

justvic77

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Yeah Andrea's death is going to be a pretty big difference from the comic, but if you think about it, the first full scale attack that Comic TG made on the prison he got routed. Then the prison did have a time of reprieve from the Gov before he came in with more equipment and a larger force. And the Carl becoming the lil psycho is somewhere they were bound to go. Not including Shane, Comic Carl's first Live Kill was much colder.
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

ElGhosteh

ElGhosteh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas

You can bet Carl will meet up with Jody's mother or something next season. Book it.

Who's Jody

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
i am disappointed with this finale.

why would you kill a MAJOR original character who is still alive in the comics???

where the hell did the Gov and his sidekicks go?!

what happened to the epic firefight battle showdown???

i need to read the comics again...............

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
truly disappointing and To a season that overall disappointed me

Michonne

Michonne

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSomewhere in the South, USA
I am glad Andrea is gone. The actress did an amazing job and her final scene was very moving! But the way they wrote Andrea on the show, really made her character annoying for three seasons. I yelled at her when she almost killed Daryl. I yelled at her when she gave Beth a knife (when Beth was suicidal). She should have talked Shane into leaving Hershel's farm with her, after they *ahem* in the car. I yelled at her when she didn't leave with Michonne (when Michonne left Woodbury the first time). I yelled at her for not stabbing Governor. I yelled at Milton for not letting Andrea shoot the Governor when she had a shot. I yelled at her every time she paused to see if Milton was alive or dead, I yelled at the t.v.

When she paused to talk to Milton, I threw my sofa pillows. "Hurry Andrea!". It was as if Milton heard me yelling, when he told Andrea to hurry.

RIP (television version) Andrea.

**Me thinks Michonne and Andrea were more than just friends before they found Woodbury.

I am depressed that they did not leave the prison. They really need more budget for this show. It would be so much better to see them surviving while on the move.

I will definitely watch season 4.

ElGhosteh

ElGhosteh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas
Well, the Walking Dead has officially been butchered

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor

Is the gov just retourning as a new negan to a recycled alexandria now woodbury???....its becoming quite cheap

Yes.
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
Super tired as I have been at Sakura-Con all weekend but managed to still write a decent review.

First things first. Did 27 people die?! Because it looked more like 10? Or do they count walkers as well??

-Not expecting the Gov to be hitting Milton. My first thoughts were that he was punching Andrea. Although its definitely not Milton's fault because if they had walkers or not at the meet up it wouldn't have stopped Merle. I felt so bad for him.

Great lines from the Gov:
-"If I would have been like this from the start she would have been alive today."

-"In this life you kill or you die... or you die and you kill." Love this line!

-MILTON!!! I expected as much but then I didn't think it would happen right away. Still makes me sad though as I did like him more and more with each episode.

-At first I was understanding of why was Carl giving Rick attitude. I thought that he was mad that they were leaving because it was where Lori died and is buried and he wanted to stay and fight. However him pouting that he should be down there in the trenches I have to roll my eyes as at. Hershel seems to have some sense of the situation and while I do think it could have been another "Randal" issue, Carl did gun him down. I would have at least tied him up for questioning, that would make the most sense at the time.

-I did like how Rick and Michonne made up, good scene with good dialogue. But in retrospect it seems a bit unrealistic given how mad she was at Andrea for doing far less imo.

-Didn't expect the Gov to go crazy on his own people. Martinez's face was priceless.

-Would have liked to seen a scene with Allen mourning Ben but I guess we can only fit so much into a single episode.

-Yay Beth for killing a walker! I don't care for her too much but her taking that crow bar to the walker's head through the fence had to be the most bad ass thing she's ever done.

-"I know how the safety works" Great throwback line to the beginning of the series. So many feels about Andrea! SO. MANY. FEELS.

-Also the most emotion I have seen out of Michonne. She is a great actress when they give her the chance to be.

-Lori isn't there anymore. I noticed when Rick looked up he did not see her.

-Very disappointed the Gov isn't dead. Although I am curious about where the Gov, Martinez and the other guy are going/what they are going to do. I was actually surprised Martinez didn't try to kill the Gov he was looking like he "this mofo is crazy."

Overall, definitely coming back for next season but I am not satisfied with the ending. Anti-climatic and doesn't leave me "dying" to know what will happen next episode.

-P.S. How lucky is Yvette for being on that couch between Chad and Norman for the Talking Dead?!

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members
I know there were rumors that they refilled the ending - wonder if they did what was changed - I actually thought they originally would kill Andrea but then came back and redid it where she lived so it would be closer to the comics - guess I was wrong

DeadJ

DeadJ

Infected

• Members
I hope they took all of woodburys supplies back to the prison with them. That is a whole lot of new mouths to feed and they said before they were running out of supplies. And they better have grabbed the massive amount of guns and ammo that would be left after the gov shot all his people.

Pretty crap ending. Where did the gov go? He has nothing now and achieved absoloutely zero and it cost him his whole town and all his vehicles except his truck.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
I'm heartbroken over Andrea, and pissed at how stupid Rick and Co are by takingthe Woodbury residents to the prison. What the fuck? There's only 3 enemies and you decide to live in cells rather than a town that's currently up for the taking? Idiots.

And why not show just a glimpse of The Governor at the end? First they leave Merle behind in season one, and in season two the leave Andrea and now in season three there are more unresolved plot. Come on, man.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
I had a few complaints... One was that it fizzled out at the end. The governor going full psycho was incredible, I did not expect him to turn on his own in such a brutal, blood-thirsty way. Everything after that was a big 'meh', which really only left me with a series of questions. The first is: Where the hell is the Governor? He was so hell bent on getting the prison that he just sacrificed half of Woodbury in under a week, and then he just disappears? He didn't attack the prison, he didn't go back to Woodbury, he just went POOF. What happened?

I was extremely annoyed with Andrea's constant habit of pausing to stare when in the middle of life or death scenarios. She did it two episodes ago, just randomly pausing to take in what was going on, when she should have kept moving, and lost at least a minute or two worth of run time in her own self reflection. In this episode she did the same, pausing, stopping, ect, so it came down to the last few seconds... And it cost her big time. I also felt like she shouldn't have wasted her time with the second wrist when Milton was already heading for her, she had a weapon, she was capable of getting up and moving (Albeit limited), and didn't have twenty second trying to force open her other cuff. She should have raised the wrench, and prepared herself for a fight.

But, meh... Her and Milton's deaths weren't really shocking for me. I feel like they are knocking off the least likable characters to keep the bulk of the audience, so they were pretty expendable as far as rating were concerned. The most shocking thing, for me, was that they had Andrea go out like that, off camera twice. It sort of dulled the shock value, and was a bit pitiful considering how the writers tried to show how resourceful Andrea had become.

Another complaint was that everyone believed Rick and his group. They had exactly one witness to the Governor's brutality, who I didn't really buy surviving to begin with, and no one wondered if she wasn't forced to say Rick's group had saved her? For all Woodbury knows, the group of 'psychopaths' in the prison slaughtered everyone, and they walking right into a meat grinder.

It just didn't feel like a finale. They tried to rush the end, and it made it feel inconclusive.

popeye

popeye

Infected

• Members
Before Andrea was revealed to be dying I thought that they would return to the prison to find some of them dead ..

Shambo

Shambo

S-mart Employee

• Members

Yes.

Huh? Why are you responding to yourself?

cleojakob

cleojakob

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMA
It was good but I still feel like it wasn't a season finale episode. Will miss Andrea and even Milton. Last season the finale had me wanting more, not so much with this finale but I will be returning.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
I feel is though Andrea's misuse the season really put a damper on my emotions as she died. that is the second major character whom I do not feel an attachment for them after they die Lori being first. I hope that season 4 will do better in terms of developing characters. the Rick and Carl story is being well put together and the idea of adding to the group is always intriguing. I wish they did not have to kill Andrea but since they butchered her character this season iT had to be done

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Fuck you Mazzara.
That's my review
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I cant actually review it because I have an andrea bias. Obviously the old women and children will be slaughtered. Maybe a few like Karen will make it.

The positives of this episode was I finally think Karen may have potential

And Beth and Carol getting kills.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
The writers killing Andrea just showed how pointless her time in Woodbury was - why did they make us sit through those long hours of her in Woodbury if they were gonna kill her anyways? Or was it Mazzara and his famous "fan-service" at the last minute...

ElGhosteh

ElGhosteh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas

Fuck you Mazzara.
That's my review

That about sums up my feelings
:wallmad:

ElGhosteh

ElGhosteh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas
I wonder if the reshoot was better, and someone fucked up at the last minute

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Another complaint was that everyone believed Rick and his group. They had exactly one witness to the Governor's brutality, who I didn't really buy surviving to begin with, and no one wondered if she wasn't forced to say Rick's group had saved her? For all Woodbury knows, the group of 'psychopaths' in the prison slaughtered everyone, and they walking right into a meat grinder.

It just didn't feel like a finale. They tried to rush the end, and it made it feel inconclusive.

I thought I was the only one who thought, why didn't anyone question if Karen was forced to say those things? Tyreese opened those doors pretty damn quickly and they had just been trading fire not 2 minutes ago. I know Tyreese was suspicious of the Gov but he was also suspicious of Rick from what he had seen personally at the prison. Although Tyreese could think the Gov's actions are less than righteous that shouldn't effect what he thinks of Rick given Rick did trip out on them and threaten them. Not a huge deal but I did notice it as well.

Wolfie174

Wolfie174

Infected

• Members
And now I see why they switched showrunners once again............

xxbakerxx72

xxbakerxx72

Infected

• Members
I can't even really put my feelings. It just felt like a letdown, Andrea died? Ok, wasn't that impacting.
I do have some complaints:
Adopting a bunch of older people(I see redshirts)
Noone managed to kill the governor after he slaughtered his own people? I get it, supposed to build drama for next season but eh, it sucked. Plus, we didn't even get a dead Governor..wonder who he is going to murder next season. I also hope he isn't the main focus next season, that will feel too tacked on imo.

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

Fuck you Mazzara.
That's my review

Greatest review ever.

3VHWYjA.gif

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!