Walkers, Then And Now?

walkers

walker_182

walker_182

Infected

• Members
  • Locationmaywood, ca
Rewatching Season 1 and started thinking, why is it that the walkers seemed to have devolved since the beginning. Walkers were able to turn doorknobs, climb fences, use rocks, and had a more aware stare in their eyes, and could rip you apart if they got close enough. The walkers of the present are blundering idiots, running into barbed wire, and as seen in the last few episodes when they attacked andrea in the forest, all you have to do is hold a foot in front of you and they'll stay at arms length.

As a thought, would it be that when the series started, the walkers were freshly turned and hungrier, still somewhat aware of past thought, and seemed more agressive. but as the seasons progress and time passes on, they lost the little humanity and instsinct they had left, are starving and decaying, and have really nothing left in the tank?

Boss

Boss

S-mart Employee

• Members
the writers thought they were too smart in season 1, so they toned it down.

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest
Yep. They brought the zombies back to what they are in the comics.

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Yeah I don't think the zombies really develop into that. I think the writers just wanted to tone down the human movements and likeness.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Yeah I don't think the zombies really develop into that. I think the writers just wanted to tone down the human movements and likeness.

Or Mazzara wanted cheap cannon fodder. Even he realized you can't just kill main characters all willy nilly.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Welcome walker 182.

Here's a thread on that subject. Feel free to join in. :zombiethumbsup:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!