Meanwhile In Soviet Russia...

- - - - - russia video

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland
I just found this video. A group of enthusiastic people in Russia being inspired by the Walking Dead filmed a short film about zombie apocalypse in Russia. Unfortunately no English subtitles :(

The film is called "Sinners" as one of the characters is a religious fanatic and it is what he calls all the other characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr5jDuRKDo
Hei, If you're russian speaking, join us in creating the Walking Dead Wiki Project - http://ru.walkingdead.wikia.com

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
Would be a lot cooler if I knew what the hell was being said. Still cool though.

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationSouthern Md. Chesapeake Bay
alexpetrov, very nice. i liked it. I don't have to even speak Russian to know, that half the comments were probably like holy shit what is going on here. I did notice at the car scene the Zombies appeared more like rage type zombies instead of the roaming, stumbling type zombies.
Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland
The video starts with a Girl and a Guy driving somewhere in Russia. A song "Blood Type" by a russian band "Kino" is playing and the Guy is trying to sing. This visibly annoys the Girl. She turns the music off, but the Guy continues to sing without music. She fastens the seatbelt and suddenly stop the car.

The Guy: "F*cking shit, my nose!"
The GIrl: "I'm tired. Your turn to drive", then she gets out of the car, "Don't cry, we have a first-aid kit, I'll patch you up".

It is seen that somebody sneaks in the trunk of their car. They continue driving. The girl is looking on the map.

The Guy: "Where we are?"
The Girl: "In the middle of the hole"
The Guy: "Give the map to me"
The Girl: "I said in the hole" and shows a hole in their map to him.
The Guy: "You know, when you're angry, your nose is very funny twitching"
The Girl: "What? My nose isn't twitching"
The Guy: "It is right now"

The Girl looks in the mirror and in this moment the car hits a walker.

The Guy: "Wow, I've always wanted to do this"
The Girl: "Idiot! What was it"
The Guy: "A speed bump"
The Girl: "Whatever, keep your eyes on the rood"

the radio starts talking

The Guy: "Shut up, or we'll miss it again".

The radio: "Today is 15th June 2016. We can provide a refuge in a fenced camping site "Forest Fable" 5 kilometers from the town Alyoshkino. We accept only lawful people of slavic ethnicity. Nor pets allowed. We don't accept military people also. What else to say... ideal conditions, shower, hot water, hot food, big rooms, jacuzzi... f*cking shit, I'm tired of this... nobody listens to it anyway."

The transmission stops.

The Girl: "I would give anything to take a hot bath right now"
The Guy: "Please have a little patience. It won't be long before we get there".

they drive further and pass a sign with "Alyoshkino" written on it. The Guy tries to ask directions from a walker that is pierced by the sign, but then shoots him in the head.

Cue opening

They drive by the road in forest and accidentally they drive on an empty bottle and this causes a wheel of the car to got broken.
The Guy: "Well? Was it really a short way?"
The Girl: "If somebody would kept his eyes on the road as much as on my tits, that wouldn't happen"
The Guy: "I've seen better roads" and after leaving the car quietly adds: "And better tits"

He opens the trunk to get a spare wheel, and reveals the "hitchhiker". The Hitchiker tries to run, but the Guy catches his leg and he falls. The Guy points his gun on him.

The Hitchhiker: "Don't shoot! You'll hit the wheel!"
The Guy: "I don't care!"
The Hitchhiker: "Please, don't kill me. I am normal. Moscow is flooded by them"

The Girl comes closer
The Girl: "Who are you?"
The Hitchhiker: "Lady, please don't let your husband to kill me"
The Girl: "He isn't my husband"
The Guy: "She isn't my wife"
The Hitchhiker: "I've heard the radio. Let's go to that camp together"
The Girl: "The won't take in"
The Guy: "They take only slavic people in" (Implying that the Hitchhiker looks Chechen).
The Hitchhiker: "I'm Russian! My name is Ivan. Let's say that you're my wife (to the Girl) so they'll let us both in"
The Girl: "I haven't heard such a proposal in my life"
The Guy: "You're romantic, aren't you? Give the wedding ring back (meaning the wheel)"
The Hitchhiker: "If you promise to take me with you. I always bring luck"

behind his back a group of walkers is seen.

The Guy: "I see a lot of luck behind you"

He fires several shots and they start to flee. The Hitchhiker throws the wheel towards walkers and run with them. In the forest the Hitchhiker fells and is being attacked by the walker and cries for help.

The Girl stops and says:

The Girl: "We have to help"
The Guy: "There are lots of them. They'll manage with him without us"
The Girl: "Help him"

the Guy shoots the walker in the head. And says: "Happy now?"

Next walker stops nearby the Hitchhiker who is covered by the body of a dead walker.

The Hitchhiker: "Please don't eat me brother, don't eat"

Apparently walker can't smell him and continues to run after the Girl and the Guy.

Meanwhile the GIrl and the Guy found a house in the forest and run into it. While they close the door a man (The Preacher) with a shotgun appears behind them and points the shotgun to them.

The Guy: "Oh, Devil"
The Preacher: "One more devilish word, and you'll meet him right now, you bastard of Satan. Drop your gun. On your knees, sinners. It is time to clear your souls. And rid them of sufferings".

The Preacher takes a sip of vodka. And then eats a piece of cucumber.

The Girl: "Is this a holy water?"
The Guy: "Yeah, and that is a holy cucumber?"

The Preacher points the shotgun on him.

The Guy: "Please, don't shoot"
The Girl: "Please don't shoot, we didn't want to scare you. We are not like those, we are alive"
The Preacher: "And your souls are not. Pray and you'll be forgiven"
The Guy: "Man, you don't understand. We're normal.
The Preacher: "Pray, sinners"
The Girl: "We were just looking for refuge. We won't hurt you"
The Preacher: "I was also looking for refuge. But the Lord abandoned me. And my brothers and sisters were torn apart by the creatures of Devil right on my eyes. I've been waiting for my time since that (lowering the shotgun)"

at this time the Hitchhiker start to knock in the door:

The Hitchhiker: "Please, let me in!"

The Preacher: "Liars! You brought a sinner with you!"
The Girl: "He is just one"
The Hitchhiker: "Let me in, there are hundreds of them out there"
The Preacher: "Who is he?"
The Guy: "We've just met him. Shut up you finally! (to the Hitchhiker)"
The Girl: "Holy Father, we need to let him in, he is alive, he'll get eaten there"
The Guy: "If we don't let him in, he'll bring all the walkers around with his screams"

The Preacher gives a sign and the Guy let the Hitchhiker in.

The Hitchhiker: "Oh God, do you know how many of them are over there?"
The Preacher: "Another lost soul"
The Hitchhiker is scared and wants to get out: "Let me out!"

A herd of walkers is approaching the house and start to attack.

The Guy to the Preacher: "Shoot!"
The Preacher: "I don't have any rounds"
The Guy: "Keep the windows!"

The GIrl starts to barricade the window and asks the Preacher for help: "Please help"

The Preacher: "Let's pray brother and sisters. Let's save at least our souls"
The Guy: "We'll save our hides first. Help her!"

Not much important is being said during the action scene, so I'll skip it.

after the action scene:

The Hitchhiker (at the door): "Learn how to knock first!" (presumably to the walkers)
The Guy to the Girl: "I'm getting more and more surprised by your bravery. What is your name?"
The Girl: "And I'm surprised by yours. Decided to ask for my name on the second day? My name is Alice"
The Guy: "And I am Andrey Orlov"
The Hitchhiker: "And I am Ivan. I've told before"
Alice (seeing the blood on the Ivan's head): "I'll take care of your wound"
Ivan: "Are you a doctor?"
Alice: "A veterinary"

the girl is patching him up

The Preacher offers vodka to Andrey but he refuses.
The Preacher: "You have an ulver?"
Andrey: "Yeah, ulver. The kind of ulver that will beat you (implying that he's getting aggressive when drunk)".
The Preacher: "And I'll drink anyway. I've lost my cross"
Andrey: "It was just a cross"
THe Preacher: "Understand, a cross isn't just a pendant. It is a sign of our salvation."

Alice have finished putching Ivan up: "you'll be find before the day of your marriage"
Ivan (jokingly): "Hey, why wait? Let's get married now. We even have a priest here"
Alice: "Thanks, but I have already been made a proposal and in a lot more romantic way"
Ivan (jokingly): "Well, ok, but when you fall in love with me, I'll perhaps won't love you anymore"
Andrey: "We need to go. We won't last here long"
Ivan: "Where?"
Andrey: "Father, are your with us? In "Forest Fable" they could use some manpower"
The Preacher: "Forest Fable"? I know that place. If the bridge is safe, it is about 70 kilometers from here. I'll show the way. If we get a refill on our way (showing an empty bottle of vodka)
Andrey: Deal. 2 hours of work. If nobody throws our wheels away (to Ivan)
Ivan: I have worked in a garage for 2 years. I'll put the wheel in no time.
Andrey: OK, if you repair the car, we'll take you with us. We're moving on the sunrise. If the radio is sound in "Forest Fable" we'll be safe.

--

Back at the car crash scene the radio starts talking again (assault riffle shooting is heard on the background):

"Soldiers came. Forest Fable isn't safe anymore. We're running away. Kolya, wait aaaahhhh...."

End.
Hei, If you're russian speaking, join us in creating the Walking Dead Wiki Project - http://ru.walkingdead.wikia.com

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
alex, again very nice, i enjoyed the video, and without being able to speak the language was able to figure out some of the language.
Thank you for the translation of the video, it cleared up a lot. enjoyed the video. Thanks
Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland
You're welcome. Unfortunately I cannot edit it. I have noticed a lot of typos in my post :( also after rewatching the video I have noticed a couple of peculiar details. E.g. the walker they hit by a car was actually a road policeman. That might explain next phrase of Andrey:

"I have always wanted to do this."

Also the Hitchhiker speaks with a noticeable Chechen accent (it is especially clearly heard in the Preacher's house), so he is obviously lying about him being Russian.

If there are new episodes from these guys, I'll post them in this topic with translation.

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland

They made an official English subtitles which are much better than my translation :)

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
alex, very nice, really enjoyed it thank you.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

You're welcome. Unfortunately I cannot edit it. I have noticed a lot of typos in my post :( also after rewatching the video I have noticed a couple of peculiar details. E.g. the walker they hit by a car was actually a road policeman. That might explain next phrase of Andrey:

"I have always wanted to do this."
{snip}

Sorry, late to the party, but, this struck me as very funny. I've spent some time in Soviet and post-Soviet Russia, and that sentiment makes a lot of sense. I really need to make some time to watch this all the way through.

Jenners

Jenners

Roamer

• Members
Are there more episodes? With English translation. I'd like to read more :-)
I love my town; This will not define us. 12/14/12. We choose love.

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland

Are there more episodes? With English translation. I'd like to read more :-)

I don't think so. I believe they filmed this pilot hoping to rise funds to film next episodes. According to their blog they are in the middle of negotiation with an unnamed TV channel in Russia and the future of this project depends on it :) let's hope they will film more :)

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland

They have finally started filming new episodes.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!