Sutton, Kenneth, And Gregory?

- - - - - Kenneth Gregory Hilltop Jesus

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I sure hope we get some more information on the the whole Sutton/Kenneth/Gregory hints that have been laid out. Lets hope that the whole issue isn't just about Maggie and we get some more info on the workings of the hilltop and how much they really know.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

GuidoP

GuidoP

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAmsterdam
Well because we at least will see Maggie and Sophia again I'm hoping Kirkman will give us more info on how Hilltop is organised. Deffinatly he has to straighten out the whole Kenneth/Gregory thing, I'm not really interested in this Sutton guy.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Honestly, I don't even remember who Sutton is. Isn't he just one of the civilians? Or does he have some higher authority that I am not remembering?

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
I think we'll learn more about sutton in upcoming issues(#109 in particular) and hopefully some dialogue from him or an encounter.
Still curious as to why he would stop making weapons/spearheads . Could be unnecessary in his opinion due to the fact that The saviors take care of everything for the hilltop. Or supplies needed to make weapons are low. Either way the hiltop clearly has no guns or ammunition .

I still think it's Kenneth Negan, but wouldn't more people refer to him as Kenneth outside the sanctuary?
I really hope it wasn't just a continuity error on Kirkmans part.

It'd be great to have a full issue spent at the hilltop with some crazy reveal at the end.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

Honestly, I don't even remember who Sutton is. Isn't he just one of the civilians? Or does he have some higher authority that I am not remembering?

He was hilltop's blacksmith/weapon manufacturer. Kal(hilltop guard) mentioned that " sutton isn't making any more spearheads so they have to collect the ones they use "
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Kenneth is listed as the unseen "leader" of the hilltop on the wiki , Sutton was the blacksmith that stopped making weapons for some reason. Gregory`s motives and leadership skills need to be fleshed out.
I also think Kenneth Negan is what its leading to , have felt this way for along time.
People might not call him Kenneth on the outside because they only know him as Negan.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Maybe Kenneth is Jesus's leader. We still havent confirmed his where abouts. Or was he part of the Hilltop?

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
maybe Kenneth was an editing oversight.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
So many leaders. The leaders of the leaders of the leaders have a leader, who also has a leader.

It's hard to keep track of all these names and "leaders" of all these communities.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
And the only person that referred to Kenneth was Jesus...

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Viner16

Viner16

Infected

• Members

So many leaders. The leaders of the leaders of the leaders have a leader, who also has a leader.

It's hard to keep track of all these names and "leaders" of all these communities.

It's Leader-ception.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee..."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

And the only person that referred to Kenneth was Jesus...

you got that right .......... Jesus always leading back to him for some reason.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

you got that right .......... Jesus always leading back to him for some reason.

You know, it seemed a little "tin foil hat" when you were going off about Jesus months ago.. But I'm starting to see the light. That guy is definitely up to something. It's getting fishy again. But it does make you wonder why the saviors tried to kill/capture Jesus back in 106(I think).
I definitely see some huge betrayal and hopefully this "Kenneth" name drop comes into play.
At the same time though you'd think Rick would've brought up " Where's Kenneth ?" when he went to the hilltop for the first time

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
I think Kenneth was an editing error, but its an editing error Kirkman could easily correct by calling Gregory "Gregory Kenneth" or "Kenneth Gregory" but I do agree with you guys, Jesus has some mystery about him but I don't think hes a bad guy, not at all

Salvatoor

Salvatoor

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAtlanta Survivor Camp
Yeah, I think He was referring to the same person. Kenneth = Gregory. If it's not that... maybe there's a Kenneth who secretly gives orders to Gregory? Or maybe Gregory is the official leader, but there is a guy, Kenneth, who's the one that really runs the hilltop. And maybe it's Jesus himself!

Or maybe Kenneth is Jim, who traveled from Atlanta as a zombie and now is the secret leader of Hilltop. Who knows?

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

I will accept no other Kenneth.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Gregory never said he was the true leader of the hilltop he just says "he keeps the trains running on time". If Kenneth is just a editorial error then that is one hell of an error.

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
rick lost his hand in issue 28, but is shown with two hands in issues 48, 49, 59, 69, 97.....I would say editorial oversight sights are quite plausible.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

rick lost his hand in issue 28, but is shown with two hands in issues 48, 49, 59, 69, 97.....I would say editorial oversight sights are quite plausible.

I think the Rick with 2 hands is done on purpose because Kirkman has stated many times that he regrets having his hand chopped off IMO its just a troll.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
I couldn't find the one from 48. I found all the other instances, but in issue 97, I believe it's a case of a mirrored image.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

one_eyed_carl

one_eyed_carl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNot in the house
Perhaps the shadowy figure in the building of the cover is Kenneth watching from behind the scenes?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Perhaps the shadowy figure in the building of the cover is Kenneth watching from behind the scenes?

good call i like that

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
What's the frequency Kenneth??

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

I think Kirkman just fucked up and forgot that he had already named the Hilltop's leader Kenneth and then later named him Gregory. It wouldn't be the first time he's made an oversight like this, e.g. the whole Peter Anderson/Dotson thing. Granted, forgetting the first name of a survivor group leader is far more egregrious than forgetting/changing a relatively minor character's last name. However, there is a precedent for it.

Still, it's very possible that Kenneth and Gregory are two seperate characters and that Kirkman is deliberately messing with us. With the scant amount of info he's given us on the Hilltop, there's about a thousand questions, and very little in the way of answers. If he is messing with us, at least we probably aren't going to have to wait very long for the answers to our Hilltop questions.

As for Sutton, I don't think he'll be very important, or necessarily even mentioned again, but who knows, he might be. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I think Kenneth is not an over site or mistake and is a character that is yet to be reveled. The fact Kirkman has made mistakes with names in the past was kinda only for minor characters and i do not think that he would forget the name of the most important change(hilltop other community's) in the book. Even Gregory never really said he was the "leader" of the hilltop he said he just "keeps the trains running on time" and i think he takes his orders from someone else. Gregory is such a pussy and afraid of everything i find it hard to believe that he is in complete charge of 200 some people in the hilltop. Sutton stopping making weapons could be on orders from someone so the hilltop will not be ready for an attack on Negan or be able to defend from an attack by the Saviors. I do think Negan is smarter then he has let on so far in the comics and it would make perfect sense for Negan to have some Saviors undercover in the community's he controls so he can have inside information on what is going on there. Sutton might be one of Negan`s undercover guys.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!