Will Daryl Isolate Himself From The Group?

Daryl Merle

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Thought it was a great episode. Merle knew the others would never accept him, it made it hard for him and hard for his brother. I dont think he had any intenton of bringing Michonne to TG. He had his plan all along take out as many of TG men as possible all the while knowing he would die. I don't think he intended his brother to be the one to find him as a Walker, that was tuff to watch. Whether this is going to isolate Daryl again I don't know. Daryl may decide to help defend the prison so what his brother did was not in vain, after that....who knows

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
He won't isolate himself. If anything he'll be more fired up. Same with Michonne . Hope the prison can pull this one off

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
Lets hope we don't see Merle in a tuxedo with Lori

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Oh God , we've already had a vision of Merle in season 2 . This furthers my worries :o

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
I have confidence that he'll be able to continue to pull through, for both the sake of the group and for himself.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

:lol: I laughed. Could you imagine? lol.

On topic, I don't think Daryl will isolate himself. He's already been through that stage. I'm sure he wont want to talk it out like Carol would want him to do but this will just make him more fired up like stickoffury mentioned.

mplebanon

mplebanon

Infected

• Members
I hear Andrea is going to start having sightings of Dale.

TheWalkingStoner

TheWalkingStoner

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChi-Raq,Drill-inois

Thought it was a great episode. Merle knew the others would never accept him, it made it hard for him and hard for his brother. I dont think he had any intenton of bringing Michonne to TG. He had his plan all along take out as many of TG men as possible all the while knowing he would die. I don't think he intended his brother to be the one to find him as a Walker, that was tuff to watch. Whether this is going to isolate Daryl again I don't know. Daryl may decide to help defend the prison so what his brother did was not in vain, after that....who knows

I dont think he had any intenton of bringing Michonne to TG. He had his plan all along take out as many of TG men as possible all the while knowing he would die.

Just so you know, the actor and one of the writers themselves said on Talking Dead tonight that he had a change of heart while transporting Michonne, and in fact did not have the intention to become a martyr.

~(Talking Dead's Chris Hardwick on Andrea & the Gov.) - "Now we know why they call it Wood-bury. HEY-OH!"~

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
I thought it looked like a suicide mission at first, but it makes sense that it wasn't. He did make it off the roof after cutting his hand off, he probably had a plan that didn't work out.

dphoenix

dphoenix

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOrlando, FL
I don't think this incident will isolate Daryl, but I do think that we will see some sort of change with his character. Remember, Daryl told Rick (in the same episode) that he was family, too, so I doubt he'll isolate himself or turn his back on the group in any way. The group needs him, especially now, and Daryl knows he will have to keep his head in the game.

Favorite Episodes:

1) The Grove 2) No Sanctuary 3) Clear

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas
I think Merle had every intention of taking Michonne to TG but she made him look at himself really hard and he had a change of heart. He fully realized what TG had turned him into when she asked him how many men he had killed before the ZA. I think he changed his mind, dumped her out, went to the bar and pondered while he drank the whiskey. Then he came up with a wonderfully brilliant plan "B." If it hadn't been for that walker knocking him out of the barn, he could have taken out pretty much all of TG's men. As for Daryl, I think the anguish on his face and the anger he expressed when he stabbed Merle multiple times was from the knowledge that Merle had totally done this to himself: "Nobody can kill Merle but Merle." Daryl knew that Merle's decisions had wrought his end and he was furious with Merle always making the worst choice. I don't think Daryl will blame Rick at all. He'll cling to the group even more.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

I think Merle had every intention of taking Michonne to TG but she made him look at himself really hard and he had a change of heart. He fully realized what TG had turned him into when she asked him how many men he had killed before the ZA. I think he changed his mind, dumped her out, went to the bar and pondered while he drank the whiskey. Then he came up with a wonderfully brilliant plan "B." If it hadn't been for that walker knocking him out of the barn, he could have taken out pretty much all of TG's men. As for Daryl, I think the anguish on his face and the anger he expressed when he stabbed Merle multiple times was from the knowledge that Merle had totally done this to himself: "Nobody can kill Merle but Merle." Daryl knew that Merle's decisions had wrought his end and he was furious with Merle always making the worst choice. I don't think Daryl will blame Rick at all. He'll cling to the group even more.

Agreed!

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Ricktatorship

Ricktatorship

S-mart Employee

• Members
The only way Daryl will isolate his self is how Rick went crazy over the Lori hallucinations.

Similar fate to Daryl but he will need to put it aside quickly.

Iis Hungree

Iis Hungree

Infected

• Members
I don't feel that Daryl will isolate himself. I think that now, with Merle, his only blood relative gone, he will latch on to the only family he has left, even harder.

Shipper

Shipper

Infected

• Members
I don't think the show will do this, but I sure would love it if something happened between Daryl and Carol now that Daryl is emotionally fragile. But that kind of thing really hasn't been the focus lately, so it's not like I'm holding my breath or anything.

MichaelW

MichaelW

Infected

• Members
No. All Daryl has left is the group.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

This is the same thing I took away from last night's episode. TG turned him into a killer of men, and Michonne's dialogue opened his mind to seeing it. I think the reasons for his ambush were twofold. Primarily, revenge on TG for what he'd become. Second, to help the group. Michonne's approach with Merle was genius. She remained passive and made him think.

As for Daryl, I don't think he'll isolate himself. Perhaps this will allow some emotion to surface beyond his love for his brother. He'll need a new connection. And like Chris on TTD, I'm hoping things progress with Carol.

Macilly

Macilly

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMaryland
I don't think Daryl will isolate himself b/c he knows WB is coming for the prison and he has to know that TG is responsible for 'walker Merle" since that was the designated meeting place. I think he will want revenge and he would never leave 'lil asskicker' just like he wouldn't give up looking for Sophia.

kj500

kj500

Infected

• Members
I really felt for Dary, that look on his face as he saw walker Merle was painful. Good job by the writers at making Merle sympathetic at the end too. Letting Michone go seemed like his first step towards redemption and then POW. He's gone.
Well done. I think Daryl will be closer to the group and use his anger as motivation to kill Phil.
Michonne

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I have to say that it was very hard to see Merle struggle with this. He felt as if he wouldn't fit in anywhere even though he first thought that this new world would be the perfect place for someone like him, but it wasn't. He showed real emotion when Michonne was trying to get him to go back. That both of them can find a place with Rick and co. It was heartfelt and sad. I thought fo a second there that Michonne would convince him. Now that Daryl had to kill his brother, he will be changed. He still has his family to look out for but I think he will try to avenge his brother.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
how would this affect more than what Carl had to do with his mom? What Carl had to do to Shane?
How Carol had to see Sophia. At this point everyone has lost a family member except Glenn and Michoone (of course we don't know before this group formed)
I think Daryl said to his brother about needing people now.....I don't think he will blame anyone and if he actually looks at it will see his brother died a hero in a way.

Peacan

Peacan

Infected

• Members
For things to fall into order now, the Gov. and Daryl will have to have some kind of moment in the last episode where Daryl will be told, by the Gov. that he was ultimately responsible for Merle's last moments. I think it'll confirm his actions and intentions to the group who will hve to look at themselves as judges of Merle as well as move on from him.

Michonne nd Andre have to have a moment in the last episode so im sure Michonne will hve to get into the grips of TG and Andrea will most likely have something to do with her saviour, which will ultimately make the two women equal.

It is anyone's guess who will take out TG, if he's taken out at all. I imagine a last shot of him as a walker.

For season 4 to happen, and to expand, i'm certain we need to A. get out of tht bloody prison, B. move on from the governor, C. reclaim Andre and add a few new group members - it is anyone's guess which ones that might be.

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
I don't think Daryl takes off, but I would not be surprised to see him lash out at the group at some point for not making more of an effort to accept Merle. I think Michonne will take the brunt of it, from the way he snapped at her when he passed her killing the walker. I think it happens after the finale, as I don't think he would give up his chance at revenge for it.
It was really sad that Merle's redemption story was soooooo short, and Daryl only got to see the end result.

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto
The majority of the group began to accept Merle but he didn't put much effort in wanting to be accepted. Just like he told Carol that he was only there for Daryl and no one else. Merle may have redeemed himself in the end but I dont think he would have changed that much in the long run if he had survived. He's the type that could betray the group at any given point. I think Daryl will eventually realize this and personally I can see better things happen to him without Merle in the picture.

shanesghost

shanesghost

Infected

• Members
I would hope Daryl would be pissed at Rick to some degree, after all it was his plan but he changed his mind (big surprise).

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!