The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 15 - This Sorrowful Life - Review

merle daryl rick the governor

The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 15 - This Sorrowful Life (249 )

What did you think of the show?

1. Excellent (198 [79.52%])

79.52%

2. Good - Some Critiques (35 [14.06%])

14.06%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (12 [4.82%])

4.82%

4. Poor (4 [1.61%])

1.61%

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taW8bHun1NE

Rick and the group are faced with a serious problem. If they want a truce with the Governor, they will have to make a huge sacrifice.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Quick question on the preview... why the hell did whomever posted it on YouTube felt it necessary to put the same preview TWICE?

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Glenn Rhee

Glenn Rhee

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHilltop Colony
Merle is dead D:

MichaelW

MichaelW

Infected

• Members
A great episode.

A powerful end for Merle.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
Writing a bigger review in a bit but this is me now...

My heart is bleeds for Daryl his reaction killed me.

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
Well, shit.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm really gonna miss that asshole.

Daryl's reaction, ugh. Right in the feels.

3VHWYjA.gif

The_Doc

The_Doc

Infected

• Members
Excellent episode!

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok
It was AMAZING!!! So sad Merle is gone. Daryl broke my heart. Micheal and Norman knocked it out of the park!!!

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
I loved it but him becoming a zombie was kind of lackluster for me

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
holy crap...that show!!! :o still in shock from seeing walker Merle. geez. bad stuff it's a-coming!

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members
Pretty good episode - never thought I'd actually feel bad for Merle

Sad no one will know that he actually tried to do some good in his last moments

Sure hope Daryl gets home - thought for sure they were going to kill off Daryl as well

Michonne going crazy on some walkers while tied up! Wow!

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

Me too!!!

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Superb episode. Great pacing throughout, a perfectly executed conclusion arc for Merle, and the ending (of course) packed a enormous punch.

If I had one critique though, I was kinda bothered by how easily it seemed TG was able to bite off Merle's fingers. The flesh, I can understand. But getting through the tendons? It was just...ehhh.....I didn't quite buy it. Other than this minor thing though, there were no other problems.

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
This episode was pretty good although I didn't feel like there was much substance.

Honestly I want to get out of the prison already... It sucks we will be here another half season at least.

Rague

Rague

S-mart Employee

• Members
I think Michonne's going to mutilate someone. I'm calling it - she's coming back to the camp with a vengeance. As far as she's concerned, the Guv'na ordered takeout, Rick answered the phone, and Merle was the delivery boy.

worldcupfever

worldcupfever

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRockford, IL
Another fine mess you've gotten us into, Merle.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
:(

Well, shit.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm really gonna miss that asshole.

Daryl's reaction, ugh. Right in the feels.

Yep, that sums it up for me.

Everything about this episode was too many feels.
Everyone's reaction at the prison was killing me, not knowing if this will be their last days. :(

RIP Merle
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend:

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I really liked this episode. Finally. I'm dissappointed in no Andrea , Milton , Tyreese and that none of them have jumped ship or made it to the prison. :(

Merle I knew it was coming, spoilers aside you can tell by the episodes editing/character editing he was a goner .

The Maggie and Glenn thing was nice. Perfectly clean wedding ring though?

Yay for awesome Michonne kills.

Did Allen see Ben die?

I hate the gov.

What the hell is up with Beth and Carl . Neither of them talk anymore! Besides episode 12 and when he told Rick not to be the leader Carl hasn't spoken . Beth all she's done has say "are you okay" to Herschel and shoot a gun in the air. Please give these two more dialogue.

Liked carol tonight too.

Merle's death wasn't too impactful for me. I felt bad for Daryl but I kind of connected to the Rick and Carl reaction to Lori and Andrea to Amy more then Merle-Daryl . And poor Daryl went overkill on his face

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion
Question that weighed on me throughout (and even now) - I keep wondering how much Michonne's words influenced Merle's decision to let her go. Like, did she really choose the right thing to say to hit a nerve, or was it maybe not in him to begin with, so he just needed the tiniest nudge?

Will have to think more about it later. Talking Dead then bedtime for me. :) Night all.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members
I also agree that the gov biting off Merle's fingers was ridiculous

Ad I did find it strange that Glenn found a ring (nice and clean) for Maggie from a walker - wonder if it fits

spleenex

spleenex

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas
I got really excited when Rick started talking to the group because I thought it would be his famous speech from the comics :(

And yes, I never expected to be that sad at Merle's death. I knew it was coming, but halfway through the episode I realized I REALLY didn't want it to happen.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

Question that weighed on me throughout (and even now) - I keep wondering how much Michonne's words influenced Merle's decision to let her go. Like, did she really choose the right thing to say to hit a nerve, or was it maybe not in him to begin with, so he just needed the tiniest nudge?

Will have to think more about it later. Talking Dead then bedtime for me. :) Night all.

I think she said the right thing but honestly don't think it took much - I think Merle felt bad that he didn't protect his brother when he' was younger and then was pretty upset with how he had turned out post apocalypse... Don't think it would have took much.... With as many drugs and alcohol as he was looking for I think it showed that he was really conflicted internally

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Merle drinking and pumping Motörhead in that sweet-ass car to create a mini herd.... Too awesome.

This was an amazing episode !
Peace Ben.
Merle's death was great and well executed except for the governor biting 2 fingers off... Don't know about that one.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Gates1986

Gates1986

Lurker

• Members
This was a really great episode. Michael Rooker's acting in his episode was superb.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Where did Ben get shot?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!