Finished Volume 17 Issues 97-102

- - - - - volume 17 issues 97 - 102

JMK1975

JMK1975

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHouston, Texas
Finished reading through this volume earlier this week and I must say the Negan and Glenn encounter has haunted me. I seriously had to tell myself today that it's just a comic.

Has anyone else had this reaction? I mean, him calling for Maggie like that. Painful. Very painful.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Issue 100 was one of the roughest issues to date for sure. I still get weirded out reading that one and looking at the gruesome and tragic detail

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
yea he sure took it like a champ though........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

terveetkadet

terveetkadet

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationThe Kingdom
Yeah. Me. I had nightmares the night after reading issue 100. No joke... If Kirkman wanted us to hate Negan more than any other, he got it right. But I think the Negan arc is going on for too long and gives us too much of the same bullshit, you'll see when you read numbers 102 to 107... I understand that Negan is the main antagonist, but personally I don't really find anything interesting about him and I think we see too much of him. But hopefully, there's new and cool stuff introduced in issue 108 and I think I will like where it's going from there.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

yea he sure took it like a champ though........

He was even wearing a baseball cap! What a champ.

Wasnt impressed when 100 came out but now when I read that arc as whole I love it.
I love the power shift. And unlike that lanky mofo the governor , Negan is pretty badass...for a sociopath .
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

Finished reading through this volume earlier this week and I must say the Negan and Glenn encounter has haunted me. I seriously had to tell myself today that it's just a comic.

Has anyone else had this reaction? I mean, him calling for Maggie like that. Painful. Very painful.

Yup. Exactly your words. Very haunting. Screw Negan! Damn I haven't remembered what it was like to hate a villain this much since the Governor. Kirkman broke my heart.

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

JMK1975

JMK1975

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHouston, Texas
I truly felt for Glenn. The fear that must have been going through him. The helplessness everyone else must have felt. That moment grabbed me the strongest of the entire run.

Then Negan threatening Rick by suggesting what his men would do to Carl. I'm a father of two young boys. What Negan mentioned would be, by far, the most insanely evil and fearful act.

Man, I want Rick to destroy this Negan. And I don't want Rick to take Carl on anymore runs. That has to be Rick's biggest vulnerability.

HDTVDinner

HDTVDinner

Infected

• Members

I truly felt for Glenn. The fear that must have been going through him. The helplessness everyone else must have felt. That moment grabbed me the strongest of the entire run.

Then Negan threatening Rick by suggesting what his men would do to Carl. I'm a father of two young boys. What Negan mentioned would be, by far, the most insanely evil and fearful act.

Man, I want Rick to destroy this Negan. And I don't want Rick to take Carl on anymore runs. That has to be Rick's biggest vulnerability.

Was this not the run that Carl his in the van? If so, not entirely Ricks fault.

As for Glenn, the only thing going through his mind was Lucille, am I right?

Too soon?

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
I was surprisingly numb through the whole thing. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet.

But I'm actually re-reading the comics now. Maybe I'll have a different reaction when I get to issue 100.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I thought you would have been in fetal position. I mean it was only Glenn lol

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
i made jokes when glen died and got destroyed for it on this forum , i felt bad for Glen and Maggie but i didn't lose any sleep over it. Glen was basicly on his way out of the comic anyway and had not done very much for several issues. I felt Abraham`s death more with the arrow threw the head and i am still trying to get over not having Abe around.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

one_eyed_carl

one_eyed_carl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNot in the house
My reaction was similar to this :zombie02:

:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: Glenn

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Haha oh my god your avatar, one_eyed_carl.

JMK1975

JMK1975

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHouston, Texas
@hdtv

Let me guess. You would have been one of the saviors. Negans right hand man.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I thought it was pretty funny, I don't think its necessary to attack him like that for comic relief.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

I thought you would have been in fetal position. I mean it was only Glenn lol

You know, I love Glenn, but I don't fangirl Glenn.

And at that point in the comics he'd been kept in the background for so long. I knew someone was going to die. Everyone kept saying Andrea. When Glenn stood up to Rick and started having more of a say I became suspicious.

I love TV Glenn way more than I ever liked Comic Glenn. I blame Steve Yeun. I'm sure I'll have a hard time when TV Glenn dies. But by the time comic Glenn died he'd become a secondary character. It was just easier to let him go.

But I'm paying more attention to him in these re-readings. Maybe it'll hit me harder now.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
That is true, Leela. TV Glenn has become way more of a badass and not the mousy character he was in the comics. Comparatively, I mean. Comic Glenn certainly did his fair share of heroic stuff, but he'd never hurt a fly.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
Alright guys...we can all relax on the whole joke issue and chill out with the personal attacks. Let's get this back on track here...
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I kinda wish maggie was the one to go so glenn maybe could of snapped and done some suicidal rampage on the saviors, but im guessing he has plans for her. Also it would be fucked for sophia to get a new family again

Viner16

Viner16

Infected

• Members
Glenn... we'll miss you so T^T

Honestly I would've been fine if anyone else died but Rick/Carl but Glen T^T

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee..."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!