Would You Watch A Twd Dedicated Channel?

- - - - - marathon Episodes Talking Dead

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
From the looks of it were going to enjoy another TWD marathon. I admit I have the S1 and 2 DVD but I still watch the marathons. I think allot of folks tune into the marathons, and AMC has had quite a few. AMC seems to be putting its biggest ratings grabber out there. Do you think its ever too much? Sure you don’t have to tune in (many viewers do though). If they came up with a TWD channel that just showed episodes of the show and Talking Dead would you be one of the folks to subscribe to such a channel? Would your choice be different if the channel were free?

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

From the looks of it were going to enjoy another TWD marathon. I admit I have the S1 and 2 DVD but I still watch the marathons. I think allot of folks tune into the marathons, and AMC has had quite a few. AMC seems to be putting its biggest ratings grabber out there. Do you think its ever too much? Sure you don’t have to tune in (many viewers do though). If they came up with a TWD channel that just showed episodes of the show and Talking Dead would you be one of the folks to subscribe to such a channel? Would your choice be different if the channel were free?

I think the idea of paying for individual channels that you would want is amazing, by itself. Why, if I want to watch ESPN, do I have to buy a bunch of other channels that have no relation to sports?

Anyway, I think if there was a way to get just that channel, I definitely would, but I would hope that it getting its own dedicated channel would mean more exploration in storylines, characters, other mediums and different shows. I know I would watch a "Behind the Scenes" channel if one existed, purely because of how awesome I find make-up and prosthetics.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
It would need some more webisodes, or it will get boring after the first marathon

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest

I think the idea of paying for individual channels that you would want is amazing, by itself. Why, if I want to watch ESPN, do I have to buy a bunch of other channels that have no relation to sports?

I used to work for a cable company and the way it was explained to me is the channels come bundled. Like Disney owns ABC, some sports channels and their Disney channels. The contracts they make with the providers like Cox, DirectTV and others is to take the ratings earners along with the dogs. And then there are Federal laws that make you include public access type channels.

Anyway, I think if there was a way to get just that channel, I definitely would, but I would hope that it getting its own dedicated channel would mean more exploration in storylines, characters, other mediums and different shows. I know I would watch a "Behind the Scenes" channel if one existed, purely because of how awesome I find make-up and prosthetics.

I think there could be a genre channel. I'd like that even though I wouldn't care for the zombie movies or anything not too WD related.

If they did that then maybe the SyFy channel could be more Science Fiction and not so much Horror. Time for the subgenres like Horror and Monster movies to get their own space.

And Sweetsister, I already watch my own customized TWD channel. I rewatch the episodes all the time and even look up interviews and panels. I'm such a nerd!

tigress

tigress

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWith Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
I would def watch a channel dedicated to TWD and all things related to it.
* The woman is wild, a she - cat tamed by the purr of a jaguar. She's deadly man, she could really rip your world apart. *

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
Would probably work better when there are even more episodes.......but yes. Even Walking Dead reruns are better than most of the 8&^*&%* on TV!

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Are you sure its better than "Here comes honey boo boo",

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

I used to work for a cable company and the way it was explained to me is the channels come bundled. Like Disney owns ABC, some sports channels and their Disney channels. The contracts they make with the providers like Cox, DirectTV and others is to take the ratings earners along with the dogs. And then there are Federal laws that make you include public access type channels.

I think there could be a genre channel. I'd like that even though I wouldn't care for the zombie movies or anything not too WD related.

If they did that then maybe the SyFy channel could be more Science Fiction and not so much Horror. Time for the subgenres like Horror and Monster movies to get their own space.

And Sweetsister, I already watch my own customized TWD channel. I rewatch the episodes all the time and even look up interviews and panels. I'm such a nerd!

:goodpost:

I assume by COX you Mean FOX , cause I second that sentiment...also the owners of AMC know what a "cash cow" the have in TWD, since they are forever threatening to "take it away"

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
I don't know about a specific TWD channel.. But I would pay more for an Undead Genre channle that would show Zombies, vampyre, frankenstein type movies and shows.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!